Author Topic: Beta Testers needed to give us valuable feedback!  (Read 35204 times)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Re: Beta Testers needed to give us valuable feedback!
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2007, 01:13:21 PM »
Hi,Melih  I've been testing on some of your products keep me informed   (R) :BNC     thanks'  Bobby

oh great, thanks Bobby!

each product eg: firewall, Anti virus etc has a Beta Testing section and there we will be putting all the relevant info about beta testing.
thanks
Melih

Offline jessica

• : )
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2007, 10:15:59 PM »
Just got a replacement PC.  Been without my brain food for a looooong while.  Can I still get the beta?  My "good for life" key for the CF  I was using now tells me Error -2147217390 Collection number expired.  I dug it back up in my saved mail.  The key was sent 7/26/06.  Got  a beta?  A key? Help!  I feel so exposed....heee  jessica
jessi

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2007, 10:18:06 PM »
Just got a replacement PC.  Been without my brain food for a looooong while.  Can I still get the beta?  My "good for life" key for the CF  I was using now tells me Error -2147217390 Collection number expired.  I dug it back up in my saved mail.  The key was sent 7/26/06.  Got  a beta?  A key? Help!  I feel so exposed....heee  jessica

Hi Jessica

you can simply request another key from our site.  Actually you can request as many keys as you like using the same email address :)

we do have a beta in the beta section.. its the last beta (Release Candidate v1) prior to launch around 11th ...

cheers
Melih

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2007, 08:50:10 PM »
no problem just added this as i found it quite intresting

i have posted the issues i found with the rc1 build there after installing the 111 build heres my findings

turned windows firewall off to start

installation went without a hitch

restarted again no issues

everything was running fine except the network monitor is turned off as error2.jpg

every say cple of mins the error1.jpg would pop up

this is the only error i get

what i find odd is that fact that its tring to connect to an internal ip 10.254.255.255 through the netbios port 137

if allow is clicked this wont appear again for approx 5-10 mins

i suppose every time the kernel is trying to access that particular process

i ran process explorer the new vista compatible version

from sysinternals to see which process it was seemed to point to the system process and
the windows system manager process as in the pic

after closer inspection its the thread ntkrnlpa.exe as in error5.jpeg

it wouldnt also let me submit anyfiles via the firewall software which is error3.jpg

if included the following files

but apart from the little dilaogue box popping up from time to time(error6.jpeg) & the network monitor being off

Comodo Firewall 2.4.5.111 Beta is working perfectly i tested a few simple leak tests which it passed i will continue to use this and report on it as any new information appears

i ran the cpil tests also if failed test 2  the text i put was whos ya daddy  on your site it had the text whos
openened another tab on ie7 and went to yah.com and a third tab which went to daddy.com

test 1 didnt do anything

test3 popped up a dialogue boc saying cannot open internet explorer

the really scary thing about this although i have disabled user account protection

windows firewall was on as well and it still failed the test as in pic error7.jpg

hope this helps

Hi,

Thanks for that.  The next update to CPF after 2.4 will be version 3 which will be Vista compatible.  The error about 'sytem' refuses to communicate with CPF is due to the security changes in Vista prohibiting CPF's access to the system.  This was a security measure set up in Vista to stop malicious programs accessing the system to make changes, etc.  Version 3 of CPF should not produce this error as it should have access.
The other errors are from Vista informing you CPF may not be compatible with it.

Mike
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Offline OvalData

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2007, 04:19:24 PM »
is there anyway of getting a aplha version 3 so i can try it on some boxes i test on?

Offline OvalData

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2007, 06:56:22 AM »
guess thats a no then :)

well if you have something ready id be willing to test it anyway

just added a 8800 gfx card to my test pc

current vista rating is 5.4

also running Windows Server Longhorn IDx Enterprise Edition (x86)

virtually if it helps
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 07:03:45 AM by OvalData »

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2007, 09:20:26 AM »
is there anyway of getting a aplha version 3 so i can try it on some boxes i test on?

giving alpha is not a good idea..
however, for beta of course!

Melih

Offline TheTOM_SK

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2007, 12:21:12 PM »
I tested some alfa, beta versions, like IE7, vLite, etc. So far I am searching IE8 pre-alfa on p2p, if anyone gets Comodo 3 alfa, please send me a link, I would be willing to test it, since I use no firewall on Vista right now and anyway I do a clean instal every week. :)

Offline sbpir92i

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2007, 09:45:11 AM »
hello I tested some kaspsky antivius 6.2.6100 ie 7 wmp11, windwos live mail desktops mail I am interested of comodo v3 because i am vista release of course More than a month tested comodo b?ta et very good produit

Offline d_squared

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2007, 06:28:02 PM »
I am very interested.  I would like to see how it handles Nessus, NMap, and some other progs.  Also depending on various windows setups.

Thanks----

Offline sbpir92i

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2007, 06:07:35 PM »
I am very interested I would like  vista

Offline Del369

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2007, 06:31:41 AM »
Vista Sux  (:KWL) sorry had to  (:LGH) however will this version be XP64 compatible, man i'll test any build you have on that baby  :BNC
I want to die quietly in my sleep, just like my dear old Grandma, and not screaming in terror like her passengers..... (:KWL)

Offline Messias

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2007, 03:49:23 PM »
Does somebody know when CPF 3 will be available for download as beta? On another forum they asked me if CPF is already compatible with Vista and when it will be compatible. Seems like for the moment there are no stand alone firewalls for Vista.

Offline hlb

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2007, 08:56:39 AM »
CNY

Hi everyone.

We are looking for Pioneering, Brave Beta testers :-) .
We will provide the beta versions of our upcoming releases so that we can have valuable feedback and make sure that Product relase goes smoothly.

Your help would be much appreciated!

BTW: I too get to play with our Beta products :-) And there is an in-house joke that if it works on Melih's machine, it will work in any machine! :-)

Look forward to working with you on that.

We will start posting the beta apps next week.

Much appreciate your cooperation.

CLY

thanks
Melih

Hi Melih,

You can count me in.

hlb

Offline Simplicity

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2007, 05:05:41 PM »
*** Pokes head in the Beta testers door and offers quietly to help Beta test the new Vista capable firewall ***

I have Vista installed on my main machine and also on my test machine, I have been a Beta tester for the Acronis range of products so am well used to my systems crashing and burning (so to speak)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek