Author Topic: Beta Testers needed to give us valuable feedback!  (Read 35195 times)

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
Re: Beta Testers needed to give us valuable feedback!
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2006, 12:49:07 PM »
Howdy. Just uninstalled ZA free and installed Comodo (v2.3.2.21 beta) for the first time. I like this firewall. Had no problem with install or with operation of the few apps needing internet access so far. I would like to make one small suggestion though.

If the color of the "act as server" popup could be a different color (maybe red)  from the blue "connect to internet" Would make it easier to distinguish between the two requests.

Welcome W4.. This sounds like great idea to me. You should add it to the CPF Wish List.. http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,1202.0.html
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Wheelie4

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2006, 01:02:20 PM »
Welcome W4.. This sounds like great idea to me. You should add it to the CPF Wish List.. http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,1202.0.html
Done. ;D

Offline jessica

• : )
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2006, 10:17:29 PM »
Hi Jessica

Welcome to the forums and thank you for helping the forums stats on the female side :-)

I think, I might be wrong (so someone shoot me down in flames if that is the case), you will be our very "First" female beta tester!

We would love to get from you for CPF Beta version 2.3 .1.20 http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,1047.0.html

Thank you for being part of the Comodo family and look forward to your feedback :-)

Melih

Wow!  that's pretty cool   Glad to help out  :)  I'll get some ladies on here and balance the scales a little.....   AWWW  crapola, looks like I'm too late...the link is gone.  I was out of town, so I just made it back here.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 10:19:51 PM by jessica »
jessi

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2006, 11:40:06 PM »
  Wow!  that's pretty cool   Glad to help out  :)  I'll get some ladies on here and balance the scales a little.....   AWWW  crapola, looks like I'm too late...the link is gone.  I was out of town, so I just made it back here.

Hey Jess,

You can still download CPF 2.3.2.21 beta at http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,1216.msg7826.html#msg7826

You should be aware, however, that there is a new beta due today or tomorrow. You may be better to wait until this is released, as it will have numerous fixes and anhancements.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline stevejames

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2006, 04:50:04 AM »
If you are going to give us free software the least we can do is test it to aid development.

Offline DoomScythe

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2006, 05:07:28 AM »
If you are going to give us free software the least we can do is test it to aid development.

Actually, the really least we can do is do nothing.  :P

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

p/s: I was joking. Hehe...

Offline BullHorn

• Comodo's Hero
  • Nexus23
    • Nexus23 Corp. Ltd.
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2006, 06:17:35 AM »
I had no problems with 2.3.2.21 beta so far, except for slow-down in the popup windows.

It takes much longer to the firewall to remember whether I press allow or deny. Maybe because I have hundreds of rules now? O_o
Windows XP SP2
Comodo Personal Firewall 3.0.7.208
NOD32 2.7

Offline flashgordon

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2006, 11:30:37 AM »
Actually, the really least we can do is do nothing.  :P

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

p/s: I was joking. Hehe...

I am OT, I know, but I have to tell you DoomScythe that this is really funny - and I needed a second to get it   (:CLP)

flash

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2006, 04:41:41 PM »
I had no problems with 2.3.2.21 beta so far, except for slow-down in the popup windows.

It takes much longer to the firewall to remember whether I press allow or deny. Maybe because I have hundreds of rules now? O_o

It is warming up. It will have gone soon. This CPF is the fatest CPF we have released so far from the system performance point of view.

Offline jessica

• : )
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2006, 05:35:18 AM »
Hey Jess,

You can still download CPF 2.3.2.21 beta at http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,1216.msg7826.html#msg7826

You should be aware, however, that there is a new beta due today or tomorrow. You may be better to wait until this is released, as it will have numerous fixes and anhancements.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :-)

WAY COOL... I kinda missed the bus on the CPF 2.3.2.21 beta- I spent all my cash going on vacation for awhile.   Should have gotten the dual core system I was eyeballing instead....thanks for the info Ewen-   (:WIN) I dig beta testing- did one for LucasArts once. Star Wars release.  That was intresting...      Jessica : )   
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 05:37:24 AM by jessica »
jessi

Offline OvalData

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2007, 05:15:52 PM »
we are a small oem system builder company in the uk

currently running all versions of windows vista from basic to enterprise and ultimate in our test lab

including Windows Server Longhorn August 2006 CTP (x64) (Build 5600) both 32 & x64 flavours

we would be delighted to help in any way possible

I have my own personnal machine thats running vista ultimate on a daily basis and currently using kapersky beta internet security

i got good results from the 111 build in windows xp sp2 compatibilty mode  but vista sees it striaght away on completeion of thwe  installation as incompatible im assuming in some way how it accesses the kernal or the network stack

it seems to work perfectly good but the network section of the firewall is always off

comodo then reports a issue about every 60 secs with one particular process and port and it got very annoying i ran comodo in conjunction with nod32 as i have issues with internet security all in one packages as 2 is always better than one but thats my own opinon

i will happily run comodo again if it would help to resolve any issues i have sent the error reports generated to microsoft but so far had no feedback and the problem reports ans solutions in vista would im sure give you detailed error information

but apart from that one issue it seemed to work 100%

the machine with ultimate on has intel core 2 duo 6700
4 gig dd2 800mhz ram  currently running x32 so only sees 3 gig
approx 1TB hard drive space

and 256mb graphics card

just incase you needed the spec and its used in a working enviroment as a daily pc aceesing email , net , etc etc

i have tried upto build 126

let me know

and keep up the excellent work on all aspects of your global domination   (:TNG)

ps just an idea but a vista & xp thread seperatly would help x32 and 64 maybe keep everything organized

if there is already one i apologise ive only just joined the forum and havent had chance to look around or search as yet
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 05:20:12 PM by OvalData »

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2007, 05:22:37 PM »
we are a small oem system builder company in the uk

currently running all versions of windows vista from basic to enterprise and ultimate in our test lab

including Windows Server Longhorn August 2006 CTP (x64) (Build 5600) both 32 & x64 flavours

we would be delighted to help in any way possible

I have my own personnal machine thats running vista ultimate on a daily basis and currently using kapersky beta internet security

i got good results from the 111 build in windows xp sp2 compatibilty mode  but vista sees it striaght away on completeion of thwe  installation as incompatible im assuming in some way how it accesses the kernal or the network stack

it seems to work perfectly good but the network section of the firewall is always off

comodo then reports a issue about every 60 secs with one particular process and port and it got very annoying i ran comodo in conjunction with nod32 as i have issues with internet security all in one packages as 2 is always better than one but thats my own opinon

i will happily run comodo again if it would help to resolve any issues i have sent the error reports generated to microsoft but so far had no feedback and the problem reports ans solutions in vista would im sure give you detailed error information

but apart from that one issue it seemed to work 100%

the machine with ultimate on has intel core 2 duo 6700
4 gig dd2 800mhz ram  currently running x32 so only sees 3 gig
approx 1TB hard drive space

and 256mb graphics card

just incase you needed the spec and its used in a working enviroment as a daily pc aceesing email , net , etc etc

i have tried upto build 126

let me know

and keep up the excellent work on all aspects of your global domination   (:TNG)

ps just an idea but a vista & xp thread seperatly would help x32 and 64 maybe keep everything organized

if there is already one i apologise ive only just joined the forum and havent had chance to look around or search as yet

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Thanks you for trying Comodo and testing it.  As Comodo software is not yet designed for Vista this may explain the issues you have had.
A vista release is soon expected with the mainstream release of Vista, but your feedback will be valuable for this.

Thanks,
Mike
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Offline OvalData

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2007, 08:26:30 PM »
no problem just added this as i found it quite intresting

i have posted the issues i found with the rc1 build there after installing the 111 build heres my findings

turned windows firewall off to start

installation went without a hitch

restarted again no issues

everything was running fine except the network monitor is turned off as error2.jpg

every say cple of mins the error1.jpg would pop up

this is the only error i get

what i find odd is that fact that its tring to connect to an internal ip 10.254.255.255 through the netbios port 137

if allow is clicked this wont appear again for approx 5-10 mins

i suppose every time the kernel is trying to access that particular process

i ran process explorer the new vista compatible version

from sysinternals to see which process it was seemed to point to the system process and
the windows system manager process as in the pic

after closer inspection its the thread ntkrnlpa.exe as in error5.jpeg

it wouldnt also let me submit anyfiles via the firewall software which is error3.jpg

if included the following files

but apart from the little dilaogue box popping up from time to time(error6.jpeg) & the network monitor being off

Comodo Firewall 2.4.5.111 Beta is working perfectly i tested a few simple leak tests which it passed i will continue to use this and report on it as any new information appears

i ran the cpil tests also if failed test 2  the text i put was whos ya daddy  on your site it had the text whos
openened another tab on ie7 and went to yah.com and a third tab which went to daddy.com

test 1 didnt do anything

test3 popped up a dialogue boc saying cannot open internet explorer

the really scary thing about this although i have disabled user account protection

windows firewall was on as well and it still failed the test as in pic error7.jpg

hope this helps

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline OvalData

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2007, 08:28:49 PM »
apologies for the terrible spelling i just spotted but its is 2am :)

Offline musicmaker441

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2007, 12:42:16 AM »
Hi,Melih  I've been testing on some of your products keep me informed   (R) :BNC     thanks'  Bobby

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek