Author Topic: Beta Testers needed to give us valuable feedback!  (Read 34985 times)

Offline Arkangyal

• "There is nothing impossible to him who will try." - Alexander The Great, ancient Greek King of Macedon, 356 BC-323 BC.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • [ Visit Hungary ] www.hungary.hu
    • My blog
Re: Beta Testers needed to give us valuable feedback!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 09:05:50 PM »
Even i don't understand why to vote for firewalls at your mentioned url (fe. windows firewall got a lot of votes... uh?), i'd like to participate at the beta testing :D.

Home: XP PRO ENG SP2, ATI Radeon 9700 PRO 128MB, 1.2GB 400MHz RAM, IntelIVCeleron 2,66GHz, Dx9.0c, AVG7 AV, 1280x1024[at]85Hz on 32bit, RTL8139 - Edimax.

Work: XP PRO HUN SP2, ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 C 128MB, 512MB 333MHz RAM, IntelIVCeleron 2,4GHz, Dx9.0c, McAfee AV, 1280x1024[at]70Hz on 32bit, Intel PRO/100 VE PCI (it's a sony vaio) - Proxomido - ISA - router.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline gurudattsinha

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 06:42:16 AM »
Hi Melih
Please look at this problem/bug. Fix it.

Comodo Antivirus Beta is not recognized by XP security Center or Symantec Online security check, albiet it is quite a good program.  Please look into this and rectify this error to make it more user friendly.

Gurudatt[/color][/size]

CNY

Hi everyone.

We are looking for Pioneering, Brave Beta testers :-) .
We will provide the beta versions of our upcoming releases so that we can have valuable feedback and make sure that Product relase goes smoothly.

Your help would be much appreciated!

BTW: I too get to play with our Beta products :-) And there is an in-house joke that if it works on Melih's machine, it will work in any machine! :-)

Look forward to working with you on that.

We will start posting the beta apps next week.

Much appreciate your cooperation.

CLY

thanks
Melih

Offline cdiesxm

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 10:24:53 AM »
OK, I'm up for Beta testing the new firewal CPF.
What do I do next?

Offline Shemp Howard

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 10:39:17 AM »
OK, I'm up for Beta testing the new firewal CPF.
What do I do next?
Hi , link to download here  http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,650.msg3960.html#msg3960 .

Offline versionboy

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2006, 11:49:17 PM »
Hi,

I would be willing to test the Backup application.

Do you have any process you want followed while testing?
How are SPR's to be submitted?

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 02:35:40 AM »
Hi,

I would be willing to test the Backup application.

Do you have any process you want followed while testing?
How are SPR's to be submitted?

Ok great. as soon as we have the beta of the next version available for the Backup we will inform you.
thank you..

Melih

Offline adric

• "Start every day with a smile and get it over with."
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • "I am not young enough to know everything. "
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 04:35:10 AM »
Ok great. as soon as we have the beta of the next version available for the Backup we will inform you.
thank you..

Melih

Hi Melih,

When you have some time, could you please look at my posts under 'Here is another leak test from Comodo'  http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,738.0.html

You can skim through the first few posts. You've heard this before :)

I'm concerned  that CPF does not protect my system correctly with regard to IE.

Thanks, Al

Offline ejspies

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2006, 06:07:00 AM »
Sure, I'd be glad to test any beta products. My email address is ejspies[at]gmail.com. Thanks. E.J.

Offline pcprotaz

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2006, 01:06:45 PM »
I would like to sign up for beta testing. I feel like I've already done that with the current version of your antivirus. It locks up my machine whenever I put on the "on access scanner". Thought it was conflicting w/spyware remover programs, but really after thinking about it, I think it's the heuristics part of it. Don't really know yet, but I must say, the firewall is superb and functional and I would like to help in anyway if I can.

PC PRO
Tucson, AZ (WCF32)

Offline AAdjuster

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2006, 01:20:49 PM »
I would like to beta test the anti virus and the fire wall. :)

Offline Ronin

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 10:38:12 AM »
I would be interested in testing also.

Offline Lauren

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 01:29:41 PM »
Hi Melih!
I am Tech. Support for the local ISP in a small town in New Mexico.
ATM we recommend our clients use Grisoft AVG and ZoneAlarm as their front-line defense,
but from what I've seen so far of CPF, you have a superior product. We are proud to offer free
technical phone support - and even though the plethora of options may be confusing to the end-user,
I'm sure we can guide them thru the basic setup quite quickly and have them snugly behind your
firewall. I have a SOHO network in my house with 4 systems running XP Pro and one running SUSE 10.0,
and would be glad to join with you as a Beta tester. For obvious reasons, I will not give my work email addy here, but I run my own mail, web etc server and can be reached at the addy I signed up with.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2006, 02:02:54 PM »
Hi Melih!
ATM we recommend our clients use Grisoft AVG and ZoneAlarm as their front-line defense,
but from what I've seen so far of CPF, you have a superior product. We are proud to offer free
technical phone support - and even though the plethora of options may be confusing to the end-user,
I'm sure we can guide them thru the basic setup quite quickly and have them snugly behind your
firewall. I have a SOHO network in my house with 4 systems running XP Pro and one running SUSE 10.0,
and would be glad to join with you as a Beta tester. For obvious reasons, I will not give my work email addy here, but I run my own mail, web etc server and can be reached at the addy I signed up with.

Hey melih,

This may a good way to get the Comodo name out there - offer CPF to ISPs, along with a GOOD install and troubleshooting guide.

ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 03:51:31 PM »
Hi Melih!

Lauren

that would be great!

thank you.

Melih

Offline Computer Guy

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2006, 10:03:10 AM »
 :'( I downloaded comodo anti-virus on our family machine today.  I wasn't looking for the beta version, but I'm not sure which version I got.

Anyway, my system crashed when I ran a full scan.  3 times.  I have dump files, if anybody wants them.  The machine is 1.8 GHz Pentium 4, 512 MB Memory, WIndows XP Home, SP2, nothing remarkable about it, except it has a fairly rich application set.  Still, nothing else was running during the scan, except:

D2OL - distributed computing aplication, permanently CPU bound, idle priority.
ZoneAlarm Firewall (sorry)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek