Author Topic: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not? [Closed]  (Read 73528 times)

Offline Melih

  • CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 14690
    • Video Blog
Are we?

Melih
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 12:37:09 PM by LeoniAquila »

Offline Japo

  • Autonomous Human
  • Comodo's Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1773
  • Life starts every day anew. Prospects not so good.
Re: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 06:51:16 PM »
OOOH BOY!! :o :o :o

You'd better not be kidding this! :'(
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 06:54:27 PM by Japo »
Windows users do not disable UAC

Offline gismo999

  • Comodo Family Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 71
Re: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 06:51:45 PM »
I voted no because, every time you have said anything, in advance about a release date there always seems to be a delay(last minute bug, or installation problem)


I honestly hope I am wrong tho!

Offline Goose19

  • Comodo's Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1218
Re: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not?
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 06:52:12 PM »
uh oh we have a few No's coming in  :o
System Specs:  Pentium 4 with HT 3.06 Ghz,  1.5GB RAM, 160 GB WDC HD, Nvidia Geforce 7600GT 256MB DDR3



New Build: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000 3.1 Ghz  4 Gb RAM 320GB WDC Hard Drive 650 watt quad rail Power supply(overkill :D) 9500GT Hybrid SLi with 8200 (onboard video) Decent Gaming rig :)

soyabeaner

  • Guest
Re: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not?
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 06:53:43 PM »
No as well, not unless the devs themselves are satisfied.

Offline JJasper

  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1655
Re: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not?
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 06:56:01 PM »
I vote yes,  he wouldn't have put out a teaser like this if it wasn't so.

John

soyabeaner

  • Guest
Re: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not?
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 06:59:26 PM »
Another one? :D  If the next is the final and it will really fix all those bugs reported by members then by all means :THNK

Offline gismo999

  • Comodo Family Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 71
Re: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not?
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 07:28:44 PM »
I vote yes,  he wouldn't have put out a teaser like this if it wasn't so.

John

Oh yes he would, and it wouldn't be the first time either!

But, like I said in my last post...I voted NO, but, I do hope i'm wrong

Offline Rednose

  • Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1735
Re: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not?
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 07:48:27 PM »
I vote no :-\

Don't release it before all major bugs reported by the members are solved. Please don't be rushed to release it by any test or anything else :-X

Greetz, Red.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 11:00:07 PM by Rednose »

Offline ubuntu

  • Comodo Member
  • **
  • Posts: 45
Re: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not?
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 08:27:22 PM »
I vote no

please fix all reported bugs, and let dev teams to decide release days .
Whereof one cannot speak  thereof one must be silent
Comodo Firewall - The Hackers' Choice

Offline xiuhcoatl

  • Unaffiliated Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 911
Re: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not?
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 10:49:04 PM »
I vote no

It's getting close but I´m still seeing to many bug reports and I would really like to see some kind of indicator as to what rule was triggered in the logs, kind of like 2.4
When things go wrong, and they usually will,and your daily road, seems all uphill, when machines are down,and tempers high, when you try to smile, but can only cry,and you really feel you'd like to quit, don't run to me I don't give a sh*t.
(A semi retired systems analyst's credo)

Offline ganda

  • thermodynamic defier
  • Comodo's Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5896
Re: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not?
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 11:01:23 PM »
NO!, make it 19 nov ;D
the next v3 would be the final right? and the final means no bug CFP3.

Offline chenshiguo

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Re: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not?
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 11:41:30 PM »
I vote yes :BNC :BNC :BNC

Offline Ragwing

  • Comodo's Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3497
Re: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not?
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 12:08:12 AM »
I vote no, better fix the bug before releasing CFP3 to the public!
I'd rather have an (almost) bug-free firewall than get it released fast ;)

Cheers,
Ragwing

Offline disinter1

  • Comodo Loves me
  • ****
  • Posts: 133
Re: Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not?
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 12:16:43 AM »
I put yes because I would love the final to be bug free, if it ain't then I should've put no. This newest rc1 I can't use due to being not stable enough on my computer.

 

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek