Author Topic: Announcement: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.11.246 RC1 Released [Closed]  (Read 51854 times)

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
  • Do you like fire? I'm full of it.
Re: Announcement: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.11.246 RC1 Released
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2007, 10:47:33 AM »
OMG... that was insanely fast! Compared to any release time interval beta 4 and RC1 have been very close together. ...come to think of itit's actually suspiciously fast. Oh what the heck? I'll give it a go and see if I have any meaningful feedback to offer. :)

Offline landsker

• Comodo Family Member
    • Costa del Sol, Spain
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2007, 02:56:29 PM »
It's running smoothly for me on XP Home, 1GB RAM, Centrino 1.7 GHz. with NOD32 V3. No other security apps., but may re-install Comodo BOClean. What do you think?
Boots OK, shuts down OK.
I have to be honest there are options available about which I don't have a clue, but as long as it gives good protection out of the box, that's OK.
BTW - what's the best setting for Defence +, after the initial learning period?

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2007, 05:14:55 PM »
It's running smoothly for me on XP Home, 1GB RAM, Centrino 1.7 GHz. with NOD32 V3. No other security apps., but may re-install Comodo BOClean. What do you think?
Boots OK, shuts down OK.
I have to be honest there are options available about which I don't have a clue, but as long as it gives good protection out of the box, that's OK.
BTW - what's the best setting for Defence +, after the initial learning period?

Clean PC mode is the best option if your PC is initially clean. Then you dont need to switch to any other mode as everything new will be authorized.

But say after 15 days of heavy using your computer, you can always switch to Train with safe mode too.

I personally keep it in Clean PC mode. Clean PC mode is no weaker than the other modes in terms of the protection strength.

E

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2007, 05:42:35 PM »
Clean PC mode is the best option if your PC is initially clean. Then you dont need to switch to any other mode as everything new will be authorized.

But say after 15 days of heavy using your computer, you can always switch to Train with safe mode too.

I personally keep it in Clean PC mode. Clean PC mode is no weaker than the other modes in terms of the protection strength.

E

I agree with Egemen

First of all Clean PC Mode is a Comodo Innovation (the way its implemented) and its a Patent Pending innovation.. which means no other firewall can provide it (well.. without infringing our patent that is :)

Clean PC Mode is a very clever, very effective, very quite and very secure way of enabling your HIPS for a clean machine and having very minimal alerts! Its a total innovation really and I have all my machines in that mode!

I would strongly recommend everyone to take advantage of this Patent Pending Comodo Innovation!

Melih

Offline LeoniAquila

• Retired moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2007, 05:47:59 PM »
Wow, patent, that's cool Melih! :)

Really looking forward to get v 3 later.

/LA

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2007, 06:09:33 PM »
Well, we now know that competitors will be hard pushed to match what we offer.. cos they will be infringing our patents :)

Melih

Offline jwendt79

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2007, 06:34:51 PM »
What exactly is RC1? Is this the actually program all done or is it still in testing?

Thank You

soyabeaner

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2007, 06:44:15 PM »
jwendt79: welcome to the forum.  RC1 = Release Candidate version 1 = the last of the beta releases before the final version.

Offline jwendt79

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2007, 07:31:23 PM »
jwendt79: welcome to the forum.  RC1 = Release Candidate version 1 = the last of the beta releases before the final version.

Thank you for the clarification. Can't wait for the full release. I used this firewall on XP, now I have Vista 64 bit and I'm kinda weird when it comes to beta, I never use them. Any idea how long till the full version is available, love the product, keep up the good work!!!!
Thank again :BNC

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2007, 07:41:09 PM »
Thank you for the clarification. Can't wait for the full release. I used this firewall on XP, now I have Vista 64 bit and I'm kinda weird when it comes to beta, I never use them. Any idea how long till the full version is available, love the product, keep up the good work!!!!
Thank again :BNC

There will most likely be at least one more Release Candidate version before the final release, but you can click the link in Soya's signature for information on upcoming Comodo Firewall 3 release dates.

Justin

Master1

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2007, 04:07:31 AM »
Good work!! :BNC

Can you block websites with Comodo ?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 04:12:51 AM by Master1 »

Offline Toxteth O'Grady

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2007, 04:26:01 AM »

E

It's good to know that. Thanks very much.

Offline landsker

• Comodo Family Member
    • Costa del Sol, Spain
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2007, 05:08:00 AM »
Thank you all for your advice - Clean Mode it is!

So far I have not found a single issue with RC1 - I think this will become my permanent firewall once the final is released.

(V)

gaby

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2007, 06:27:36 AM »
Intel P4 2,4G
XPpro32 SP2 uptodate
No avir or other resident
CPF beta 3.10 custom, D+ learn-safe.

This was quick.  (L)

Short question: is it safe to import config and safe-files from 3.10? I’ve already imported 3.09 into 3.10, and I got the feeling to miss some new predefined settings.

Thanks,

EDIT: OK! Ignore my previous question; 3.11 imported silently all previous settings.
Great job!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 06:51:35 AM by gaby »

Offline ztbishop

Can't uninstall CFP 3.0.9.229
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2007, 09:45:14 AM »
I had CFP 3.0.9.229 installed before.  After removing one of my Scratch hard drives, Comodo told me that the program (which was still on the C drive like before) should be on the G drive (not right), and asked me if I'd like to repair.  I hit ok, and it said unable to repair.  So, I attempted to uninstall from the control panel.  It didn't "actually" uninstall.  The uninstaller is no longer in the cntrl panel.  The software was still running on every startup.  I attempted to run the installer from safe mode, to uninstall it, no luck... in normal, and safe mode, the CPF installer tells me that comodo is already installed and asks if I'd like to uninstall it.  I hit yes, and nothing happens.  The installer for the new version does the same thing...tells me that the new version is already on there.  Any ideas how to get all the files off of my PC?  I saw a similar post...do I make a shortcut to the installer and put a "-u" at the end?  If so, I'll try it after re-imaging my HD from yesterday's backup since I screwed my PC today.  (I ran a .bat file to remove the registries...it was from a different version on the forum but i just edited the version path, and it uninstalled every bit of software I own).  My own fault tho.  I'd just like to know if anybody has seen this "-u" method work, or if that was just for the CONFIG program in the install directory?  Thanks in advance for any info!  And sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, if so I'll put it in another section. (J)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek