Author Topic: Announcement: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.10.238 BETA Released [CLOSED]  (Read 42462 times)

Offline pROCKrammer

Re: Announcement: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.10.238 BETA Released
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2007, 10:27:11 AM »
 (B)  :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC
Thank you

Offline AeoniAn

• Comodo's Hero
  • V5.4 customized ROCKS!
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 09:43:35 PM »
Thank you!  I'll give it a chance, replacing my Jetico v2.0.0.36 wich ALWAYS work very fine here, but their "Inderect Acess" settings still sucks.

(:CLP)
CIS v5.4 full (disabled SB & cloud)
W7-Ultim-x32-BR + XP-PRO-SP3-x86-BR + Ubuntu LTS x32
SBIE+sbiextra; PeerBlock v1.0+r; GPO/Secpol restricted rules + some more... (just in case)
Zero, Nada, No-one single infecction since 2006.
(REAL Thank's to COMODO! - steps ahead, always)

Offline dieburnbot

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007, 03:48:12 AM »
Thank you for this firewall.  I used to use Agnitum, but stopped using it since I upgraded to Vista.  I admit I was very happy with Agnitum, however I just recently tried there v2008 Firewall that they finally upgraded to work with Vista and it feels incredibly bloated and my computer felt like it had a Norton product installed (:SMLR).  Agnitum also doesn't play well with my antivirus which is NOD32, causing the NOD32 kernal service to use high CPU.  I figured I would search around for a Vista compatible version of Comodo and I found this thread and tried out the Beta.  I'm really glad I never bought Agnitum, this is miles better and my computer is back up to speed.  Keep up the good work and I will be watching out for new releases. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 03:52:00 AM by dieburnbot »

Offline nuhi

• Comodo Member
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007, 07:06:06 AM »
Just to say guys this version finally works without any apparent problem.

I'm also Outpost escapee. When I saw that Comodo has the "disable logging" option I was sold.
With that option enabled PC is spending too much cycles on something I don't need.

Offline ~Daniel~

• I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2007, 08:04:27 AM »
Wait..  'AMD64 only'?  What are people running Vista 64-bit on Intel processors supposed to do?

I don't think that is the case... A dev would need to confirm this... but I think all they are trying to say is don't install on Itanium x64 platforms.

Maybe a little know fact, but I am sure there is no surprise to anyone that AMD & Intel have a cross-licensing kinda agreement going... i.e. how AMD has had SSE and what not... well Intel took advantage of this agreement/licensing and put some AMD x64 technology into their procs and called it EMT64.

So, if you ask me... saying AMD64 = EMT64... and only speaks against IA-64 (Itanium).
Comodo: CIS 11.X (latest version)
Backup/Imaging: Macrium Reflect Home v7.X
Win10 Phone: N/A
Personal Website: Comodo SSL (via CloudFlare)

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007, 01:32:25 PM »
The Defense+ sub-windows refer to functions called "My <something> Groups" when attempting to Edit entries. These functions do not appear to be accessible/visible. <something> = COM Interfaces, File & Registry.
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2007, 02:15:44 PM »
The Defense+ sub-windows refer to functions called "My <something> Groups" when attempting to Edit entries. These functions do not appear to be accessible/visible. <something> = COM Interfaces, File & Registry.
My File Groups is accessible through Defence+ - Common Tasks - My Protected Files
On opening My Protected Files on the top right hand side there is a tab called groups you can edit here.
The only thing is the group tab disappears sometimes on my computer so I have to move the pointer up and down to make it appear just under Purge.Edit this only happens when the window is Maximize
Dennis

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 02:36:04 PM by Dennis2 »
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.9 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 33 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2007, 02:48:34 PM »
Thanks Dennis. Silly of me to miss the Group buttons (assuming that they were visible at the time, of course). :)

LAN Performance problem: Fixed.
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2007, 03:29:02 PM »
1 - New! Installation wizard
2 - New! Defense+ made optional during the installation
4 - New! Introduced a new default configuration
Very good.
It's a pity that it does not work on my Vista 32bits system.
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 04:34:14 PM »
It's a pity that it does not work on my Vista 32bits system.

Hi Tech

Can you please expand on the "does not work" a bit? Thanks. :)
Forum Policy.
____

Offline Averno

• BSEE - (WISP)
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2007, 12:53:49 AM »
I am going to try the new beta release, I am experiencing a heavy CPU load with the normal version, I hope this issue has been fixed in version 3.* Comodo Firewall Looks Good, Works Good also, byt still needs to improve some few details!  Good Work and better yet its FREE!  (:CLP)  (V)

Offline shadha

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2007, 02:43:44 AM »
Hi Tech
I installed this new version and it works perfectly. My laptop is Asus F3F series Centrino Duo, Vista Home premium (32bit), Nod 32 av.
shadha
Regards
Sven

"everyday above ground is a good day"

Offline malbeth

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2007, 04:17:02 AM »
Another Outpost escapee here, a pity what they've done with 2008 versions. Specifically, they FUBARed the UI in an apparent attempt to make it Vista-like. Random hyperlinks in UI text leading to settings is about the worst thing that happened in Windows UI design, and I'm fairly worried to also see the feature in v3 beta following a brief acquaintance with v2.

Now I got the beta following a direct link on another site, and then came here to register to discuss. I do hope that at this point during development cycle (final beta) it is not too late to implement the ideas I have from running the beta.

The biggest problem right here and now is that I can't seem to find documentation/wiki describing the expected behaviour of the software. I know it's still beta, but one can't test whether it works w/o having a reference to compare his actuals. E.g. v3 seems to no longer have the dual layer network security model of v2 (which I like), but also seems to no longer track application components individually (which I don't like) - are these bugs, or features (documented bugs :P)? And of course, I'm interested the most in the order in which the rules are checked for an event v3 can control, and in how it arrives at the final decision to allow/block.

Enough for an opening post I guess, lest it takes a page all for itself ;))

Offline Hikari

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2007, 09:40:38 AM »
Wait..  'AMD64 only'?  What are people running Vista 64-bit on Intel processors supposed to do?

Intel CPUs has support for AMD64 for some time now :p

It uses weird names such as EM64T, Intel64, iAMD64, etc... (:KWL)

Someone

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2007, 10:54:30 AM »
I'm going to install the whole package.
I just want to know if someone chooses FW only, the hooks from D+ don't get installed correct? What about installing D+, and then "disabling", does it just go dormant or the hooks go away also?

Thank you in advance

Pedro

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek