Author Topic: Announcement: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.10.238 BETA Released [CLOSED]  (Read 42463 times)

Offline Coolio10

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Announcement: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.10.238 BETA Released
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 08:23:16 AM »
I could never get the older version to even run.

Edit:
I installed the AMD64 version it actually installed and went smooth, but I had to manually launch the firewall on restart.

Edit2:
Eh.. forget it..  10,000 configurations and prompts later I finally get it to allow a few things to run, including Avira, and Avira pwned it hard.  Probably thought it was malicious; it looked like CPF tried to access the Avira configuration, which is a no-no.  Either way, CPF 3 seems bulky, confusing and it's still broken on the last beta stage; I might give it another go on the next release, but I doubt it.  I don't know what's wrong with the Comodo group but support for their user-base, not imagined user-base, is going to have to occur before I take them seriously again.  They used to be in A1 shape.. sigh

Why are you blaming them for you doing something they told you not to do? There is a reason egemen said AMD64 only yet you still try it? The hips is probably incompatible with intel 64 so you get too many alerts.  If you did not even install the hips along than obviously there is the issue. The firewall does not give near as many alerts as you say. As for your userbase comment, check my thread at wilders. Some of the replies were guys who tried the previous beta and now love it because comodo took the time to listen to what their users want.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
('')_('')

Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Offline Ragwing

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 08:41:03 AM »
First of all, if it says AMD 64 only, don't try it on Intel.

Eh.. forget it..  10,000 configurations and prompts later I finally get it to allow a few things to run, including Avira, and Avira pwned it hard.  Probably thought it was malicious; it looked like CPF tried to access the Avira configuration, which is a no-no.

It's probably because of Avira's heuristic scanning. You'll need to add it to the exception list.
And I don't think it's trying to change Avira's configuration, possible blocking Avira from modifieng protected files or registry or something else.

Ragwing

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 09:32:03 AM »
Hey Guys
All I can say is, this is the best FW on the market. Last night I bought Outpost Security Suite and wasn't very happy with its performance and have asked for a refund. Today I thought I would try this new beta and the resources are much lower than the above mentioned (theirs  [ at ]  15-20 mg AND cfp  [ at ]  5-6mg). CFP is also far more configurable and very stable and extremely powerful and I can't tell you enough how much I love this program. I hope over the next few days that eveything works ok. Melih, you and your staff deserve a great big congradulations for a job well done and I can't wait to try the full version.
Well done all of you and the people who give their comments to make this the best there is.
shadha
 (B) (:CLP)

thanks Shadha :)

Imagine this, this baby will only get better!

Melih

Offline SpacemanPT

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 10:33:34 AM »
Windows Vista doesn't startup after install...
used msconfig in safe-mode to stop comodo from starting and Vista started up again
thought that it could be related to defense+...
son in safe-mode i started comodo and shutdown defense+, bingo... vista started up right

after a while i figured that i should have defense+ running, so I manually altered some programs defined as "ask..", now every thing works alright.

windows vista home premium, latest updates and drivers
avast! 4 home

when i get home from my university(different city) I'll try my webcam, sure hope I won't have to install its drivers once again ;) (bug from previews beta versions)

everything else is working great ;) great job Comodo

Offline abr

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 12:45:52 PM »
well, my 3.0.9.229 runs nicely, is there any benefit in installing this one? Except for the minor changes, off course.

Offline Ragwing

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 12:48:26 PM »
well, my 3.0.9.229 runs nicely, is there any benefit in installing this one? Except for the minor changes, off course.

If you don't have any problem with 3.0.9.229, you should stay with it till RC or final.
No idea upgrading it if it's working, as you might get some problem with 3.0.10.238, tho I doubt that you will.
So it's your choice.

Ragwing

Offline abr

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 12:51:21 PM »
If you don't have any problem with 3.0.9.229, you should stay with it till RC or final.
No idea upgrading it if it's working, as you might get some problem with 3.0.10.238, tho I doubt that you will.
So it's your choice.

Ragwing

yeah, ok then. Download is on it´s way right now :D

Offline Maciek

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 01:35:56 PM »
Great news!!! For a while I'm going install ne Comodo!
THX!
 :BNC

Offline Avitar.Net

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 03:11:44 PM »
Awesome, I have been looking forward to it.  :Beer

Offline paulallen

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2007, 05:48:25 PM »
Beta 4 installed without a hitch and is working flawlessly in XP.

Offline ravnet

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2007, 06:28:57 PM »
I'm just install it. This version works very well.
Thanks for great soft!

Offline shadha

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 04:07:46 AM »
Hi Guys again
In my last post I said that I would ask Outpost for a refund and guess what, they have declined. They can shove their firewall right where the sun don't shine. I will stay with CFP as it is far better than Outpost even though it did cost me money. Keep up the tremendous work and make CFP the best kick ass firewall ever.
shadha
Regards
Sven

"everyday above ground is a good day"

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 08:49:16 AM »
Hi Guys again
In my last post I said that I would ask Outpost for a refund and guess what, they have declined. They can shove their firewall right where the sun don't shine. I will stay with CFP as it is far better than Outpost even though it did cost me money. Keep up the tremendous work and make CFP the best kick ass firewall ever.
shadha

When did you purchase it?
Did you use your credit card to purchase?
Dont' they have 30 day money back guarantee?

Melih

Offline comicosmos

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2007, 09:27:55 AM »

6 - Improved! Firewall engine made more friendly for the users of P2P applications
7 - Numerous number of bug fixes : Such as High CPU consumption while using P2P applications

completely fixed? I am wondering

Offline nick55555

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2007, 10:11:08 AM »
Thank you, it works as it should be  ;) (:CLP) but there is still no icmp code & type info the logs  :-\

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek