Author Topic: Activation Error (Again) Resolved!!!  (Read 5255 times)

Offline hpj

Re: Activation Error (Again)!!![Resolved]
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 04:03:08 PM »
Always the same error:

An error has occurred. Error -2146697211: Unknown error, please contact support.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 02:18:28 PM by justin1278 »

Offline CPatafio

Re: Activation Error (Again)!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 08:42:42 PM »
Hi,
Comicfan2000, I think you may have hit on what the problem is.  I, too, have had this same problem on one of my systems.  I have 4 systems on my home office network, 2 laptops and 2 desktops.  All except my main desktop have the OS (Windows XP Pro SP2) installed on the C: drive.  My main desktop has the OS installed on the H: drive.  This is an older system so my C: drive contains an installation of Windows 98 Second Edition.

I have CPF installed on all 4 systems and 3 of the systems activated just fine.  Want to guess which one is having activation problems...  (:CLP)  Yup, the main desktop with the OS on H:.  Having read your posts, this all now makes sense.  It drove me nuts trying to figure out why the main system was the only one that failed activation.  I hope that the programmers can find a fix for this because changing the system drive on my main system would require a massive redo of my system, which I really don't want to go through!

BTW, the 3 working systems have the latest release version of CPF where I just upgraded to the latest beta on my main system in the hopes of fixing this problem.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the programmers to fix it unless someone out there has any ideas for a workaround.

Thanks...

Clem

Offline SpacemanPT

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 08:55:00 PM »
if you can get enough information you could try using junction points/reparse points ... thats a windows version for the linux symlink... don't know if that could work but it would be interesting to try...

you would be creating a folder that directly points to another diferent folder... if it works with diffent drives it could mean that you can create something like:

c:\comodo\ that points to h:\etc.etc.etc...

on second though that could be too much of work

Offline hpj

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 03:36:14 AM »
Resolved my problem!!! COMODO-Firewall activated!

It was the HOSTS-file. Found several "COMODO"-entries in this file. I think this could be entries from "Spybot Search&Destroy".  After commenting out these lines with "#", activation works like a charm.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek