Author Topic: comodo firewall v3.0.13.268 x32 CMDAGENT.EXE 100% CPU Load  (Read 139468 times)

Offline rjl24

Re: comodo firewall v3.0.13.268 x32 CMDAGENT.EXE 100% CPU Load
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2007, 11:46:18 AM »
Once again I am waiting for the fixed and tested and tried release before I re-install v 3.0   
had same 100% CPU problem.  In uninstalled v3.0 and reinstalled 2.4.

Suggest all others with problems to revert back to Comodo 2.4.  Save yourselves the hassle, v2.4 is good and the latest updates keep you well protected,

Robert
HP Notebook, Pavilion, ZE 4230, 1.83 GHz, 512 RAM, 40 GB HDD, XP Home, SP2, external: 250 Gb HDD, NEC 3500AG, main security software: Comodo 2.4.18.184, and Avast 4.7

Offline bisdelf

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2007, 07:20:58 PM »
same problem too.

windows xp pro sp2.

tried to disable registry keys, didn't work.

tried to disable Defense+, restart---> still cmdagent.exe at 100% full-load.

i've to stop the process in task manager, then everything works fine.

i must say that this is a very very serious bug!!!!

Offline milllermbb

« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2008, 08:45:03 PM »
Thanks so much for the information in this forum.  I've been experiencing the exact same problem with cmdagent.exe for about two weeks now & was considering removing Comodo as my firewall.  Unchecking the "protect registry keys" seems to have done the trick.

Vettetech

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2008, 09:35:23 PM »
Um this was a problem back in Dec of 07 with an older version of Comodo. What version are you using?

Offline langr

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2008, 09:25:59 AM »
New version - same problem:

Just downloaded and installed Comodo FW 3 days ago (so assuming it's the latest version) and experienced the 100% CPU load problem this morning, so it doesn't appear to have been fixed. Rebooting didn't help. I will try the "temp" fixes mentioned earlier in this thread, but was wondering if there has been any final resolution (or identification of root cause).

Seems like a long time for this to go unresolved...

[just a newbie]
WIN XP SP3
AVG
and. OBTW, MS Update did try to d/l this AM

Vettetech

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2008, 09:28:35 AM »
Does your D+ log say anything? Have you tried putting D+ in training mode and let Comodo learn all your apps? I have Comodo running on 10 machines now with no cpu problems what so ever.

Offline RedGecko

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2008, 06:25:19 AM »
I installed Comodo about six weeks ago and it was fine until just now.  Cmdagent.exe was eating anywhere from 15 - 70% of the processor, with the remainder being chewed up by System Idle Process.  Manually shutting down Comodo did no good - Cmdagent.exe kept chugging along.  Turning the computer off and restarting a minute later did no good - the same problem repeated.  I finally uninstalled Comodo, which fixed the problem.

I am sorry that I can't give you the exact build number I was using, but I downloaded it just six weeks ago.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 06:42:19 AM by RedGecko »

Offline nwerner

« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2008, 02:56:15 PM »
I finally had to uninstall this program for good because its consumption of system resources was intolerable.

Windows Vista with most recent version of Comodo.

Good luck with this.

Offline basshead

« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2008, 06:57:46 AM »
There is another instance of this cmdagent.exe CPU load issue specifically related to emptying the cache when closing Firefox. fireturtle has come up with a working solution which may be worth trying for some of the other problems reported here.

See this thread for details:

http://forums.comodo.com/comodo_firewall/firefox_301_clear_cache_cmdagentexe_lag-t26409.0.html;msg195195

Cheers

Offline Nerd42

« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2008, 01:36:43 PM »
I had the same issue today. It was so bad that I had to uninstall COMODO in order to even be able to get online to post this. This CPU load issue needs to be fixed NOW as it makes the software completely unusable.

I use a third party firewall because I want to be asked permission before programs are allowed to use the computer's internet connection, (outbound) and I use COMODO because there is a freeware version that can remember programs. I am very happy with the alerts I was getting after setting a few simple rules (Firefox.exe can access the internet anytime, but QuickTime can't without my permission, ect) but with this CPU load problem, all of that is completely useless. It's like it makes it so there's no usable computer to protect.

Offline Verdugonator

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2008, 08:43:49 PM »
this has happened to me for the second time. it takes a ridiculous amount of time to "purge" these pending files...so im seriously considering uninstalling comodo, just because of this one problem. excuse my lack of correct grammar. all in all, this problem needs to be fixed.

Offline ausman007

« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2008, 12:30:39 PM »
I am using the latest updated version of Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.25.378.  I also encountered the 99-100% CPU usage of cmdagent.exe periodically.  It bascially froze my machine to the point that I was lucky to be able to get Windows (XP) to shutdown (eventually) - sometimes i had to turn off the power becuase I couldn't afford to waste any more time waiting....

I searched and read many answers online.  One thing that struck me was how common the problem was and how it's been going on for many versions of the product.  Secondly most of the answers amounted to a denial of a problem with Comodo and offered only workarounds.

In my case I found based on trying the suggestions from people that the problem was NOT related to:

- The latest version of Comodo Firewall Pro (I had the latest version and the problem occured across several versions)
-  Any bad update files.  Subsequent updates worked fine the the problem still occured.
- Removing and reinstalling the software (that old chestnut solutiuon...)
- A problem with Firefox - it's not Firefox that's eating my CPU it's cmdagent.exe (a component of Comodo Firewal)!

I was able to confirm that I could recreate the situation consistently when Firefox was running.  Eventually I came across the solution (workaround reallly) for me:  In Comodo Firewall, going to Defense+ > My Pending Files > Purge  (then selecting Yes to remove one that no longer existed).    Hooray!

In my mind i shouldn't have to do this - It is a workaround for an ongoing BUG in Comodo Firewall that really needs to be fixed in order not to lose customers (there are a lot of Firefox users out there!). 

Problems: If files no longer exist it should purge itself automatically! No user is going to review/submit thousands of files on thier system so why design it to work this way.  Regardless cmdagent.exe shouldn't use 100% CPU (for whatever it's trying to do). 

So in summary, I've persevered and got a workaround for my problem (which i now regularly perform).  There is a bug in the Comodo firewall software though - So could the developers please fix it for the next release rather than let it persist and lose any more customers over it? Thank you.

Offline ausman007

« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2008, 12:41:46 PM »
If any more evidence is required to indicate this BUG needs priority attention:

- Look at the version in the subject title - We still have the problem with versions 3.0.13.268 -> 3.0.25.278!
- This thread has had 17,200+ reads (not to mention people duscussing/reading about it in other forums/sites!)

Thanks again for a great product... just one that really needs a fix for this problem  ;)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek