Author Topic: comodo firewall v3.0.13.268 x32 CMDAGENT.EXE 100% CPU Load  (Read 157731 times)

Zetup-EXE

Re: comodo firewall v3.0.13.268 x32 CMDAGENT.EXE 100% CPU Load
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2007, 04:41:52 AM »
Hello,

first of all i would like to introduce myself. Since about four weeks i am a comodo user, cause zonealarm  doesn't give me the controls i would like to have (Networkrules). Well, Comodo seems to rule to me so i decided to upgrade to version 3! but since then i have also the cmdagent.exe problem but ONLY when i will zip or unzip a file with PowerArchiver v.10! system runs fine until i doubleklicked a zipfile, or i will zip a file. will try the registry clue! so will report again whether it works or not.

oh yes, i am from germany living near to the City Frankfurt am Main, so keep working guys. comodo firewall is great!  :BNC

Offline moocow

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2007, 11:58:25 AM »
I had the 100% resource occupation problem, but with an original UXTHEME.DLL file. I followed egemen's instruction, but it didn't work.
I tried disabling everything at startup using msconfig, and reenabling applications one by one. Doing so i was able to find the problem:
Code: [Select]
Logitech Desktop Messengerit's an application from Logitech ( :P ) to update mouse and keyboard's drivers.
I uninstalled the application and now everything seems fine.
Hope this may help someone :)

CYA  (V)

Good work. However, this doesnt work for me because I don't have anything from Logitech installed.
I do however have SpyBot S&D installed :)

Offline AnotherOne

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2007, 01:55:41 PM »
It should be possible to write a rule for problems like Zetup.exe's Zip manager.  It would seem that the arresting of the process starts a stop/start loop that consumes all available resources, but that may be possible to avoid by giving the Zip manager more privileges.  If you click:
Defense+>Advanced>Computer Security Policy>(locate the entry for the problem program or browse to the program on your HD)>Edit>(Check that "Use a Custom Policy" is selected)>Access Rights.  On the Access Rights dialog window, review the permissions that the program might need.  For instance, the Zip manager might need to access protected files or folders.  There is no danger in letting a known program do this, so it can be tested to see if that fixes the problem.  The Zip manager may be running an executable to perform the compress/decompress action.  You can add those programs to the permitted list for the Zip manager by clicking on the "Modify" key of the first entry (Run an Executable) and then clicking "Add" and "Browse" and browsing to the files that you want to permit.  They are likely to be found in the program's main directory.
What do you mean, my shoes are on the wrong feet???  These are the only feet I've got!

Offline symbian

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »
Hello,
CMDAGENT.EXE 100% CPU Load when i use windows update siteweb to install updates.

CFP 3.0.13.268

Windows XP PRO SP2  32bits

Cordialement

Offline muratski

Cpu %100 - Application Agent not running
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2007, 04:06:11 PM »
Hi After i upgraded to V3 Comodo worked fine for about 4-5 days but today when i boot the machine it started using all the cpu and made everything extremely slow.
So i turned it off and restarted manualy. This time  didnt consume cpu but  ended up with Applcation Agent Not Running Alert/Notice. Run Diagnostic as it recommends and it came as everything fine. Rebooted machine several times and every time same thing happened. After reading Help for V3 forum i uninstalled V3 and reverted to last one i was using which is working fine.

Running  Xp SP2 - and my virus program is avast.

Offline moocow

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2007, 04:12:01 PM »
Hello,
CMDAGENT.EXE 100% CPU Load when i use windows update siteweb to install updates.

CFP 3.0.13.268

Windows XP PRO SP2  32bits

Cordialement

Confirmed.

Does this on mine too.

Offline akokak

cmdagent.exe cpu usage 100%!!!!
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2007, 09:32:18 PM »
notebook:ASUS, dual core 1.6G, 2G mem, 100G HD

comodo v3 with symantec antivirus 10.1.6.6000, would result a blue screen.
so, I uninstalled the symantec antivirus. Just used comod v3

No blue screen. but,but.

when I run some applications, for example excel, foxitReader...., the cmdAgent.exe cpu usage is 100%!!!!,

this is a terrible problem, I can't use my notebook!

why? why?

I love comodo, but I just only uninstalled the comodo v3 now!

I am hoping and waiting!!!!

Zetup-EXE

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2007, 04:37:14 AM »
Hello,

well i am back. i tested the option to disable the "Protect Registry" feature. Well, it doesn't work! cmdagent also rise up to 100%CPU Load (by the way processor type is Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 [nothin' overclocked or something like that!], 3072MB of RAM, WinXPSP2 [latest updates!]).

After CPU load rises the only thing i can do is:

Calling Taskmgr.exe, and choose to log of. then i have to restart. that prevents my computer to become  corrupted filesystem which may occur by just turning off.

after restart everything wents fine until i forgot the problem and hit a zip file again   (:LGH)

will try anotherone clue. report next time!

cu..

Zetup-EXE

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2007, 02:53:15 PM »
ok, here is my report.

well adding the directory from powerarchiver to the "My Own Safe Files" and define a "Computer Security Policy" for Powerarc.exe resolved my issue! thanks a lot!
 :BNC

well have to post a new bug in the bug forum.

Offline AnotherOne

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2007, 01:50:04 PM »
If you are having problems with 100% usage, check the logs for both the firewall and Defense+ to see which one is showing the source of the problem.  You should see a program or process that has been blocked repeatedly.  If you can confirm that it is a safe process, add it to the "My Own Safe Files" list (Defense+) or "Define a New Trusted Application" (Firewall).
What do you mean, my shoes are on the wrong feet???  These are the only feet I've got!

Offline rjl24

« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2007, 08:59:54 AM »
here is the temp fix

Hi Guys,

More than a million PCs is using CFP 3right now and the weird bugs/problems are posted in the help board.

2 of these problems seem to be recurring. Here are the temporary fixes until we update the executables:

1 - cmdagent.exe 100% CPU consumption:

This has been verified and fixed with the upcoming update.  It is related to patched uxtheme.dll.
However, until the updates are issued the temporary fix is disabling the registry protection :

THANKS TO ALL THE COMODO DEVELOPERS FOR A GREAT FIREWALL.

PERSONALLY I WILL WAIT TILL THE FIX AND UPDATES ARE ISSUED.  ANY IDEA AS TO WHEN?

CURRENTLY AM USING COMODO V 2.4 WITH CERTIFIED APPLICATIONS DATABASE V 3.0 AND ALL IS WELL.

HAD APPLIED THE UPDATE ONLY TO HAVE MY SYSTEM HOGGED WITH 100% CPU USAGE.  SEE MY PROFILE FOR SYSTEM INFORMATION.  USE AVAST, HAVE LOGITECH PRODUCTS AND OTHER SOFTWARE, BUT AM TOO NERVOUS AND TOO MUCH A NOVICE TO SPEND MORE HOURS, ALREADY SUFFERED WITH FIVE OR SIX HOURS TESTING WHY THE CPU WAS HOGGED, SO PLEASE NOTIFY US ALL OF WHEN THE NEXT FIXED AND UPDATED VERSION WILL BE AVAILABLE. 

THANKS TO ALL THE COMODO DEVELOPERS FOR A GREAT FIREWALL.
HP Notebook, Pavilion, ZE 4230, 1.83 GHz, 512 RAM, 40 GB HDD, XP Home, SP2, external: 250 Gb HDD, NEC 3500AG, main security software: Comodo 2.4.18.184, and Avast 4.7

Offline seed.helper

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2007, 04:22:11 PM »
the disable protected registry keys ...
worked fine a few days

today my cpu is 100cpu usage ... i can still write this message but is very slow...

i cant convert my movies...  (:SAD)

please WILL BE A FIX SOON ?  :-\

if this continues i will revert back to 2.4 again...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 02:23:22 PM by seed.helper »

Offline Orionche

« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2007, 07:44:16 PM »
I obviously have the same problem... :)

So far, Nero 8 Lite is the main culprit. Just him so far. Every damn time I start it up, cmdagent goes nuts.

I also have a patched UXTheme.dll and a downloaded theme, although I still can't comprehend how that can have an impact on a scanning program. :S But, I'm no software engineer, so... ^^

I've added the whole nero folder to "My Own safe files" but no luck. I tried disabling Protected REgistry Keys, Windows/WinEvent Hooks and Loopback Networking - no go.

It takes ages for Nero to load. I started it 15 minutes ago, and it opened while I was typing this reply. :D The CPU load is still there...

The only thing that helped so far was disabling cmdagent in Administrative Tools=> Services and restarting the computer. Everything was fine after that (In my case, Nero loaded normally). Does disabling it have any impact on the firewall in general...? I'd appreciate a  reply. :)

Offline AnotherOne

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2007, 07:45:27 PM »
One other way to make this work is to set the Defense+ Mode to Training Mode.  This mode assumes that everything that happens on your computer is allowed.  Click Defense+>Advanced>Defense+ Settings.  On that dialog, move the slider to "Training Mode"  After running a selection of the software that you use, change back to a more secure mode.

Offline Orionche

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2007, 06:12:03 AM »
Done that too, didn't work. When I disable it, CPU load goes only to 50%, but still lets Nero run. :)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek