Author Topic: comodo firewall v3.0.13.268 x32 CMDAGENT.EXE 100% CPU Load  (Read 134011 times)

Offline rjl24

Re: comodo firewall v3.0.13.268 x32 CMDAGENT.EXE 100% CPU Load
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2007, 01:12:49 PM »
Read through this topic and slept on things and thought and thought.

Attempted this AM a reinstall of V3 and still to no avail.

This time, however I had made/ set a system restore to get back to where I was at a closer time frame in case of a problem and sure enough!--   Still a problem in installation so I will opt to wait out the bug.

Too confusing for me even to try and find the above listed (un-check the protected registry key as i could not figure out what or where that is) adjustment since this install did not even get to that point, as my system merely froze up during installation, that is zero CPU usage of V3 and my system just stayed and seemed frozen.  I halted the process, actually clicked 'end process' and reboot restoring to my previous working state of computer.

do hope you find the bug and make the fix.  please ask for any info as i wish to assist if at all possible.

am a grateful user of Comodo, but this 'upgrade' causes me concern.

cordially,
Robert
HP Notebook, Pavilion, ZE 4230, 1.83 GHz, 512 RAM, 40 GB HDD, XP Home, SP2, external: 250 Gb HDD, NEC 3500AG, main security software: Comodo 2.4.18.184, and Avast 4.7

Offline hairbautt

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2007, 01:50:44 PM »
COMODO doesn't seem to like "StateChangeDiag.exe" either (whether it is trusted or not).

When I tried to run it, it bumps cmdagent.exe to 100% CPU usage, too. The above fix of disabling the "Protected Registry Keys" worked for the Bricopack tho'.

(CLY)

Offline AnotherOne

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2007, 02:05:28 PM »
Looking at this topic, I was thinking that it is a shame to completely remove registry protection.  If you know which programs are accessing the registry, you can give that program registry access rights. Click Defense+>Advanced>Computer Security Policies> (locate the entry for the program or click "Add" and find it by browsing)>Edit>(ensure that "Use a Custom Policy" is selected)>Access Rights> click "Allow" for "Protected Registry Keys" and "Protected Files/Folders".  This will work the same as unchecking protection for registry keys entirely, for the programs enabled this way.  If there are others that are not working, they will show up in the "View Defense+ Events" page (you may have to click "More" to see the event of interest).
What do you mean, my shoes are on the wrong feet???  These are the only feet I've got!

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2007, 02:12:23 PM »
Looking at this topic, I was thinking that it is a shame to completely remove registry protection.  If you know which programs are accessing the registry, you can give that program registry access rights. Click Defense+>Advanced>Computer Security Policies> (locate the entry for the program or click "Add" and find it by browsing)>Edit>(ensure that "Use a Custom Policy" is selected)>Access Rights> click "Allow" for "Protected Registry Keys" and "Protected Files/Folders".  This will work the same as unchecking protection for registry keys entirely, for the programs enabled this way.  If there are others that are not working, they will show up in the "View Defense+ Events" page (you may have to click "More" to see the event of interest).

I guess they don't have any D+ log related to this issue. Maybe it is something that happens before cfp can log events.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2007, 02:14:39 PM »
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/serious_problem_with_v3_of_comodo_firewall_prohelp-t15255.0.html;msg106798#msg106798

Can you guys check if this is the same issue? It seems to me the this uxtheme.dll patching is causing this issue.

Egemen

Offline timroy

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2007, 02:29:46 PM »
 :Beerit worked moocow! thanks alot :)

Offline seed.helper

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2007, 02:32:32 PM »
I know what setting that is causing 100% CPU usage!

Uncheck "protected registry keys" and D+ wont use 100% CPU anymore! (atleast not on my system)

The way I found this: Unchecked everything, and checked them, one by one. The one causing the 100% CPU load is Protected registry keys!

Can anyone else confirm this?

problem solved !!!
thank you   :Beer

Offline moocow

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2007, 04:57:50 PM »
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/serious_problem_with_v3_of_comodo_firewall_prohelp-t15255.0.html;msg106798#msg106798

Can you guys check if this is the same issue? It seems to me the this uxtheme.dll patching is causing this issue.

Egemen

I do have a patched uxtheme.dll, and I also have "Super Turbo Tango Patcher" (which is a shell patcher that changes all the icons and bitmaps to look like Tango).
The uxtheme.dll didn't come from any pack. It's from a stand-alone installer (UXTheme Multi-Patcher 5.5).

Is the problem narrowed down to uxtheme.dll or could it also be due to changing my icons (which sounds very unlikely)?

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2007, 05:22:53 PM »
I do have a patched uxtheme.dll, and I also have "Super Turbo Tango Patcher" (which is a shell patcher that changes all the icons and bitmaps to look like Tango).
The uxtheme.dll didn't come from any pack. It's from a stand-alone installer (UXTheme Multi-Patcher 5.5).

Is the problem narrowed down to uxtheme.dll or could it also be due to changing my icons (which sounds very unlikely)?

you can easily revert that patch and tell us
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline moocow

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2007, 05:56:42 PM »
you can easily revert that patch and tell us

And you can easily ask me nicely.

People sometimes...

Anyway, I've reverted the uxtheme.dll to it's original.
Rebooted.
Checked "Protected registry keys" and rebooted again.

The uxtheme is the original now (can't change themes to anything other than the original XP ones),
however my CPU is at 99% again.

Conclusion: It is not uxtheme.dll that is causing the problem.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 05:58:46 PM by moocow »

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2007, 06:24:45 PM »
And you can easily ask me nicely.

People sometimes...

I merely suggested you an easy option. Doing that you make a favor to yourself and other affected members. I usually ask please If I need a favor or I ask something tha require some effort but I will gladly add please next time I'll ask you something as editing now that post is useless.

Offline specialfx

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2007, 08:05:11 PM »
Greetings everyone!

I'm having many of the same install issues with Ver3. CMDAgent just screams constantly, and effectively locks down my system with 100% CPU usage. I then need to reboot in safe mode and do a complete uninstall to get any usage from my box at all.

I also have Bricopack by CrystalXP installed also. I'm beginning to think there might be a connection here. It may or may not be the case, but I'll uninstall it and report back with any positive or negative results...javascript:void(0);
Comodo Rocks

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2007, 08:44:59 PM »
Greetings everyone!

I'm having many of the same install issues with Ver3. CMDAgent just screams constantly, and effectively locks down my system with 100% CPU usage. I then need to reboot in safe mode and do a complete uninstall to get any usage from my box at all.

I also have Bricopack by CrystalXP installed also. I'm beginning to think there might be a connection here. It may or may not be the case, but I'll uninstall it and report back with any positive or negative results...javascript:void(0);
Comodo Rocks

Thanks your help is much appreciated. In order to confirm that uxtheme.dll is not patched anymore please run sigverif with advanced options and let it search your windows directory and subfolders. If  that dll will be listed that means uxtheme.dll is still patched.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 08:48:17 PM by gibran »

Offline stiffex

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2007, 09:11:57 PM »
Hi, this is my first post.
Last night I got a pop up from my comodo firewall asking if I wanted to update to the latest version so I clicked yes and went through the set up. I am a big fan of comodo ,ive tried all the other popular firewalls and comodo is the best ive used but this latest version has caused me nothing but grief.

It seems to be conflicting with a number of programs and freezing my pc. It worked fine until I opened Nero to make a back up but the program didnt even make the screen before cmdagent was gobbling up my cpu.

I have ajusted my D+ settings to `training mode` to see if that helps but if it doesnt im going back to the previous version until the bugs are sorted.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2007, 09:41:54 PM »
Hi, this is my first post.
Last night I got a pop up from my comodo firewall asking if I wanted to update to the latest version so I clicked yes and went through the set up. I am a big fan of comodo ,ive tried all the other popular firewalls and comodo is the best ive used but this latest version has caused me nothing but grief.

It seems to be conflicting with a number of programs and freezing my pc. It worked fine until I opened Nero to make a back up but the program didnt even make the screen before cmdagent was gobbling up my cpu.

I have ajusted my D+ settings to `training mode` to see if that helps but if it doesnt im going back to the previous version until the bugs are sorted.

can you always reproduce it with Nero?
we want to make sure its a specific incompatibility so that we can address it.
thanks
Melih

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek