Author Topic: Comodo doesn't like Plustek Scanner Apps!  (Read 4284 times)

Offline WaaJaa

Comodo doesn't like Plustek Scanner Apps!
« on: September 04, 2008, 04:53:27 PM »
Hello,

I recently bought Plustek SmartOffice PS286 scanner. I couldn't make it work on my PC. Applications installed by scanner CD would start, but no window shows up!
On a fresh clean install of Windows XP SP2, everything worked nicely. I started installing software packages, drivers, and every imaginable sort of graphic apps, games, disk utilities, and more. Every thing was fine until I installed Comodo Firewall Pro v3.0.25.3782!
Suddenly, scanner applications (DocActions to manage scanner buttons and DI Capture for scanning) stop drawing any graphics, though I can see their processes in Task Manager.
What's really disturbing is that even after complete un-installation of Comodo Firewall Pro, the problem persists.
I had to reinstall Windows twice to make sure this is real: after Comodo Firewall was around once, and even after thorough un-installation (all files, all registry keys, ..), scanner apps would no longer work.
It's the Comodo kiss of death to Plustek! Very very strange. And disturbing.

I then attached a debugger to one of the scanner apps (DICapture), and I was continuously screaming :
Code: [Select]
First-chance exception at 0x7c812aeb in DICapture.exe: 0x000006BA: The RPC server is unavailable.
I don't see what the problem is. Any body ?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek