Author Topic: BSODs: Please add your minidump files here [CLOSED]  (Read 216665 times)

Offline hayig2000

Re: BSODs: Please add your minidump files here
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2008, 07:17:48 AM »
32 bit CPU, Windows xp pack2,
Comodo version 3.0.18.309 ,Firewall train with safe mode, Defense clean PC mode
running spybot tea timer-avg-spywaredoctor-Google web accelerator

After I log in by nearly 10 seconds, this blue screen (BSOD) appears
The crash dump file is attached, the problem seems to be with this file: ntoskrnl.exe

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline chomodo

« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2008, 02:43:23 PM »
windows xp retail SP2 (up to date) 32-bit
avira anitvir PersonalEdition Premium 7.06.00.308
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2.20
comodo firewall pro 3.0.18.309

microsoft lifecam vx-7000
  software version: 1.40.164.0

hello, my lifecam keeps crashing the computer.
when I plug in the camera in the usb port, windows crashes.
I get a bsod that says irql_not_equal_or_less.
I disabled the antivirus and set the network and defense+ to disabled.
I also stopped and disabled the mscamsvc service as suggested to a different user here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mshardware.product&tid=011af3d1-0538-460e-be0c-c7de4fea269d&cat=en_US_d02fc761-3f6b-402c-82f6-ba1a8875c1a7&lang=en&cr=&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1

error report after reboot:
Code: [Select]
BCCode : 1000000a     BCP1 : 00000016     BCP2 : 00000002     BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 805006B4     OSVer : 5_1_2600     SP : 2_0     Product : 256_1

Offline kylie

BSOD after updating to CFP 3.0.19.318 on XP SP2
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2008, 01:44:37 AM »
Hello,
I worked with CFP 3.0.18.309. Today CFP offered a new update to version 3.0.19.318. I installed the update and after rebooting I got an BSOD:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
driver: TCPIP.SYS

The minidump file is attached.

Windows XP Prof. 32 bit, SP2, all patches installed

Antivirus-Software: Avira Antivir Personal Edition Classic

I had to uninstall CFP 3.0.19.318 in safe mode. Then I made a clean installation with CFP_Setup_3.0.19.318_XP_Vista_x32.exe, but still got the same BSOD.

In all cases Defense+ was enabled.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you very much and

Best regards

Offline layman

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2008, 02:27:54 AM »
I have been experiencing the 'blue screen/auto reboot' for a long time. I attach herewith the file available in the 'minidump' folder for your perusal and for fixing the same in the future releases.

Of course, to those who are experiencing this problem, I have a suggestion too, though not recommended by 'Comodo'. Just disable the 'automatically start application with windows' in the settings of CFP 3.0 and once your desktop is displayed, immediately start the CFP and it will protect you sitting in the tray. (It may be risky if affected by a spyware). Please don't forget to start the application as soon as the booting is over, CFP is a blessing for all of us and should always be enabled, whether we use internet or not. This suggestion is only for those who are experiencing 'rebootting/blue screen'. I have actually tried the first suggestion of 'automatically reboot' option in windows, but without any result, hence this suggestion.

Now, details for BSOD as given in the first post - CFP version 3.0.19.318

Windows Version/Bit and Service Packs - XP Professional 32 bit Service pack - 2

Your realtime Antivirus/version,Spyware remover/Version, other Security Software/Version -
CAVS2 [2.0.17.58 ] (though beta I still trust Comodo than other free AVs) and I feel this is quite stable too! for spyware I use Spyware terminator 2.1 [with real time enabled - only since I disabled automatic restart of CFP 3.0]

Affected Driver/Software and Version (if the bug doesn't affect window itself) - Windows itself.

Brief description of the problem (Attach Diagnostic report or crash dumps if needed) - reboot / blue screen, mini dump attached

Steps to reproduce the bug (if applicable) - Didn't understand this
Gmer report (download) Only for 32bit platforms - Attached

Thanks in advance. This is not a complaint from my side but this is only submitted for perusal of our great innovator's development lab.

Offline layman

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2008, 12:28:52 AM »
Today I faced another BSOD on my restart after updating to 3.0.20.320. My reboots were stopped after I disabled automatic logon of CFP with windows. But after todays updation, my computer rebooted after I was asked for a reboot. Since even todays login in the morning was normal and as there was no other updation other than this, I suspect it may be (only may be) because of CFP. Minidump attached. (This is in continuation to my post on 15.03.2008)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 12:31:18 AM by layman »

Offline layman

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2008, 03:03:36 AM »
Sir,

My reboots never stopped with latest update of CFP 3.0.20.320 even after removing the CFP from startup. I submit the minidumps just for your perusal. Unfortunately, even my system restore didn't restore to 3.0.19.318 and returned with no changes made. I also could not get an archive of 3.0.19.318 as I had updated the same through automatic update. So, even after my best efforts as I could not stop the BSOD, I have removed CFP 3.0 as a last resort and my BSOD has stopped. Meanwhile I think I shall be installing 2.4 and shall definitely come back to the great features of 3.0 once the BSOD is fixed. I eagerly wait a patch to fix this problem.

Thanks

Offline accursed

Cisco VPN
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2008, 03:48:19 AM »
Hi
I have trouble with comodo firewall. When connecting with cisco vpn client (ver. 4 and ver. 5), when comodo is turn on and turn off, every time i go to blue screen with result 0x0000007e. You can help mi?  (:NRD)

Offline accursed

Cisco VPN
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2008, 03:37:18 PM »
Sorry i've forgotten: Windows XP Pro Eng 32bit SP2, full patch. Comodo ver. 3.0.20.320
Nod32 ver 3 (whitout firewall)

Offline accursed

Cisco VPN
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2008, 01:46:40 AM »
This is the minidump  (:HUG)

Offline josh797

• Comodo Member
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2008, 01:49:31 PM »
Here is the MiniDump result after several BSOD's that occurred about once every 2-3 days.
BSOD always has the same message (TCPIP.SYS - Address  STOP 0x0000007E)
I'm using CFP 3.0.20.320, WinXP SP2.
The results are from Windows Debugging Tools, if someone can interpret these and let me know what's going on, I'd really appreciate it, thanks!!

EDIT: 4/11/08

It seems it only crashes, with the same message as above, when eMule is running. Hope this helps.
Running .329 now.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 02:34:25 PM by josh797 »

Offline Yps

BSOD in ntfs.sys caused by cmdguard (when browsing WIM image)
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2008, 08:24:27 AM »
Hi,

I have installed ImageX Tools from Microsoft WAIK to manage WIM images (using wimfltr.sys).
When Comodo Firewall is installed and I want to explore a mounted WIM image, then I get a BSOD in ntfs.sys caused by Comodo's sandbox driver cmdguard.sys
(see call stack in attached Minidump).
The problem is known and a workaround is documented here:
http://www.osronline.com/showThread.cfm?link=104827
It should be mentioned that other vendors of security software (e.g. Agnitum, GDATA) do not have the problem with wimfltr.sys. It seems that they have implemented this workaround as described.
Hopefully the problem can be fixed in CFP. I would like to stay with CFP because its a good firewall.

My system configuration is:
Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.20.320
Windows XP Pro SP2
NOD32 Antivirus 2.7.039
Spybot S&D 1.5.0.9

Any help is appreciated.

Offline ThomasGt

BSODs Windows Vista x32, CFP 3.020.320, Toshiba Laptop, conflict LPCFilter
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2008, 03:01:09 PM »
Hi all,

first of all thanks to Comodo for offering a great free firewall  :-TU
Sadly I cannot keep it for the moment as it is causing me BSOD anytime I press the FN key on my laptop. :'(
I had the BSOD right after installing CFP and they disappeared once I uninstalled it.
Here is my config :

Toshiba X200 laptop
Windows Vista x32 (up to date but no SP1)
Avast 4.8 Home Edition
CFP 3.020.320

As I said each time I pressed FN key (to increas/decrease light) a BSOD appeared.
I had a look at the dump and it seems that cmdguard (CFP) is conflicting with Toshiba Utilities using LPCFilter.sys.

I join the dump to this post in case it can help.

Thanks in advance if you can help.
As soon as a solution will be available I will give CFP another try.

Offline mixz1

Microsoft LifeCam BSOD
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2008, 01:05:29 PM »
Windows XP Pro 32 bit SP2 All Update current
Symantec AV Corporate 10
Ad-Aware 2007
SpywareBlaster

Software causing BSOD is LifeCam 1.4 when mscam service starts.

Insertion of the USB Camera immediatley produces a BSOD. If camera is plugged in before boot, BSOD on boot. Disabling the MSCam Service avoids the BSOD. Uninstalling the 1.4 software leaves the drivers behind so the camera works in other apps like Skype and/or Messenger with no BSOD.

Machine is an IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad T61P with 3 GB of RAM
The BSOD is 100% reproducible. The camera will not run with the LifeCam Software.
On an identical ThinkPad, same software load, but with ZA 7 there is no problem at all, so the link between Comodo and LifeCam causing the BSOD seems pretty well defined.

This problem was submitted to MS and their reply is partailly quoted below. Note the term dupe means they have received this report from several users:

"Looks like a dupe, the dump shows the user is running Comodo Firewall, and it looks like Comodo has a driver which tries to attach itself to all driver instances on the system, triggering the same problem that Handles.exe did."

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Offline chamber32

« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2008, 01:19:10 PM »
BSOD occurs in ntfs.sys when trying to build image with vLite

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3, v.3311

COMODO Firewall Pro   3.0.22.327   

vLite   1.1.6   2008-04-05   

AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5   

ESET NOD32 Antivirus   3.0.621.0   

Offline discretesignals

« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2008, 12:09:58 AM »
XP Home Edition/32 bit/ 5.1.2600 service pack 2 build 2600

Anti Virus:
AVG Free Edition Version 7.5.519

Spyware:

AVG Anti-Spyware Version 7.5.1.43
Ad-Aware 2007 Version 7.0.2.6

After installation of CFP Version 3.0.21.329 my system has been getting intermittent BSODs.
Here is the Memory Dump of the lastest BSOD:

It seems that the BSODs can be stopped by disabling Proactive Defense.  With Proactive Defense in any mode execept disable the BSODs seem to occur when there is high CPU usage.  Mainly the BSODs occur when there is an antivirus scanning or media player viewing streaming videos.

[Removed log post and replaced it as an attachment.  Please do not post them.  Just upload them as a text file or zip file]

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 02:07:52 PM by Yuriy »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek