Author Topic: BSODs: Please add your minidump files here [CLOSED]  (Read 182182 times)

Offline NTxLS

• Comodo Loves me
Re: BSODs: Please add your minidump files here
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2007, 10:30:54 AM »
If that minidump was generated after cfp unistallation then it's not needed to post it here.
But the fact that bsodhook driver cannot be loaded it's strange.
Did you press the load driver button? If that doesn't work please contact Matousec the fixed the Disable BSOD for me (I was unable to disable bsod).

I attached a screenshot of Bsodhook ready to go

gibran,

I did not think that was a 'minidump' you wanted to see; yes, it is after the removal of CFP.  I did run BSODHook before removing CFP and the same action took place, that is when I removed CFP and found thingys were still the same.

I will contact Matousec.   Not sure what you are meaning by, ". . .Matousec the fixed the Disable BSOD for me (I was unable to disable bsod)."  So will not respond till L8R. (later)

Thank you for reading my poster toaster,
TIA, CU L8R,
NTxLS Dell Inspiron AMD Athlon x2 64 bit Dual Core Processor 2.3GigHz, 4Gig RAM; 64Bit Win7; IE8.0; FF3.6.3/w PassWordMaker1.7.2.

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2007, 11:13:47 AM »
gibran,

I did not think that was a 'minidump' you wanted to see; yes, it is after the removal of CFP.  I did run BSODHook before removing CFP and the same action took place, that is when I removed CFP and found thingys were still the same.

I will contact Matousec.   Not sure what you are meaning by, ". . .Matousec the fixed the Disable BSOD for me (I was unable to disable bsod)."  So will not respond till L8R. (later)

Thank you for reading my poster toaster,

Bsod hook will stress test the system if there are special drivesr installed. If there is some vulnerable driver a BSOD can occur. Bsodhook can intercept those BSODs and prevent restarts.
So testing will be easier. I attached a pic with BSOD hook fully enabled in my previous post so you can check if there was something different on your pc.
The list of hooked functions wil cange accordingly to your pc setup.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline NTxLS

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2007, 11:59:02 AM »
Bsod hook will stress test the system if there are special drivesr installed. If there is some vulnerable driver a BSOD can occur. Bsodhook can intercept those BSODs and prevent restarts.
So testing will be easier. I attached a pic with BSOD hook fully enabled in my previous post so you can check if there was something different on your pc.
The list of hooked functions wil cange accordingly to your pc setup.

Thank you for this info, just that my copy of BSODHook will not run nor display any info except in the log file area and all that is there is 'Loading driver failed.'

Have sent a message to Matousec just a few minutes ago, looked for info to give them took longer than I thought.  Hope what was provided will help.  I await their return.  Would have sent you a copy but did not know where to send.  Would you like a PM copy/paste?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 12:05:34 PM by NTxLS »
TIA, CU L8R,
NTxLS Dell Inspiron AMD Athlon x2 64 bit Dual Core Processor 2.3GigHz, 4Gig RAM; 64Bit Win7; IE8.0; FF3.6.3/w PassWordMaker1.7.2.

Offline snadge

• Comodo Member
    • THE TECH FORUM - Broadband & Tech Support Forum
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2007, 02:29:12 PM »
my dads PC reboots & BSOD and its been since installing comodo v3...
he has
winxphome sp2
kaspersky v6 and Spybot TeaTimer (Kaspersky webscan is of as is defense+ disabled)
the problem seems to happen when he clicks links...possibly just in Messenger...
dumpfiles are attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline NTxLS

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2007, 03:18:07 PM »
gibran,

One point I neglected to mention is I do NOT use Messenger of any kind nor any of the IRCs, too risky.

The DeviceManager.Zip is attached using the 7Zip FREE zipper/Unzipper.

Will comply with the next request a little L8R,

TIA, CU L8R,

Offline zippy

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2007, 10:45:42 PM »
1. Windows XP SP2
2. Avast! anti-virus 4.7, Comodo 3.0.13.268
3. N/A
4. BSOD once VPN connection made
5. Run the VPN client, enter password for connection. Connection is completed, machine blue-screens
Cisco VPN client 5.0.01.0600 and 4.8
6. Minidump and GMER report attached

The VPN client only runs into this problem if Comodo firewall is installed.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 10:47:25 PM by zippy »

Offline NTxLS

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2007, 07:53:24 AM »
gibran,

Here is your requested info from BA, below.  Also there was a BSOD yesterday and NO  minidump was created that I can find.  Standard information on the BSOD except for "PAGE_FAULT_IN _NONPAGED_AREA" which was close to the top of the screen, then below is the TechInfo:

***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xBAD08154,0x00000000,0x8058188F,0x00000000)

That came up after the install of BA and first run on the system, it did complete and I was reviewing the report when 'BSOD' and shutdown was my only option.  Any time there is any requirement of a re-boot after any install or crash I do a "COLD" boot even when there is a popup window that has a check box for doing a reboot or wait until later.  I always uncheck the box and close down what I had open so any data can be saved then the "COLD" boot, wait about 30 sec to maybe 15 minutes depending on what I have to do before continuing.

Now will work on your next request,

TIA, CU L8R,

Offline NTxLS

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2007, 08:35:08 AM »
Gibran,

To get all of the info you requested there were two screenshots taken and they are in the one zip file.

See if that has more or all of the info you require.

As Usual, a very large THANK YOU for being patient with me as my training wheels are getting in my way and need to learn enough to remove them,

TIA, CU L8R,

Offline gismo999

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2007, 07:48:53 PM »
Hi All,

I am running XP Home SP2, and this is the first crash i Had on CFP 3.0.23.268

I am running on Startup - Spyware Blaster - Avira PE - Boclean 4.25 - Threat Fire.

I hope this Helps Comodo!!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 10:49:43 PM by gismo999 »

Offline Tir

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2007, 02:10:17 AM »
I have a big problem with CFP 3. When I run installation process, during kernel install, i'm getting bluescreen and my pc reboots. I turned off any programm that could cause the problem but it didn't help. I didnt habe an other firewall, only avast, spybot and windows defender as realtime scanner( ofcource I turned them off). I managed to install comodo in windows safe mode, but when i boot up my system in normal mode, my system crushes again, Why is that? [!]? I have vista 32 bit. Any idea what's causing the problem?
My story's identical to this one, but I discovered if I turn off my modem after a reboot it doesn't crash, only trying to connect to the net BSODs it. I only have AVG antivirus and the Vista firewall which I tried disabling. The blue screen specifically blames ndisuio.sys and I attached the dump, please help!

Offline Tir

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2007, 02:22:49 AM »
Tried installing the newer version of v3 but it has the same problem as the one I tried before. During install it blue screens, though if I turn off my modem it installs okay. But then whenever I turn it back on and try to connect to the net, it BSODs again, pointing the finger at ndisuio.sys.

Tried searching here and googled but found nothing really relating to ndisuio.sys, besides how to disable it on XP (how can I on Vista?). Attached a dump. Help?

Offline Ron_75

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2007, 03:20:28 AM »
Hi Tir,

this is what this link --> http://www.iceteks.com/articles.php/ndisuio/1 says ndisuio.sys is used for

if you ain't got a linksys router you may want to try disabling it,  like it says in that article and then see if you still experience any BSOD's

Offline Tir

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2007, 04:23:55 AM »
Hi Tir,

this is what this link --> http://www.iceteks.com/articles.php/ndisuio/1 says ndisuio.sys is used for

if you ain't got a linksys router you may want to try disabling it,  like it says in that article and then see if you still experience any BSOD's
My searches led me there too, but those instructions don't work on Vista, it has no Wireless Zero Configuration. Can't find how to disable it on Vista...

Offline NTxLS

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2007, 05:27:56 PM »
gibran,

I am needing to apologize to you for not sticking with this problem.  I cannot even get a message done to you without the BSOD closing me down.  I have attempted to respond for the last two or three days and have been unsuccessful.  I now have CFP removed and running barefoot for now.  Have some other issues that need some special attention before the end of the year and do not have the time to continue with this, for now.  Maybe can return later or even next year, that sounds bad but is only two weeks and three days away.

One more point for you to chew on, the version downloaded and installed CFP_Setup_3.0.13.268_XP_Vista_x32.exe and now BelArc Advisor is reporting:

Comodo Firewall Pro Version 1.0.0.1
Comodo Firewall Pro Version 3.0.9.220

Microsoft Add/Remove is advising to contact Comodo with the following info for technical support:

Publisher:   COMODO
Version:   3.0.12.266

These two different versions were shown to be installed on my system at the same time from two different sources along with what I was told by the file downloaded to be v3.0.13.268 from Comodo.

I do thank you so very much for your time and effort.  I am the one now that will need to exit until some time in the future.

Bye for now,
TIA, CU L8R,

Offline NTxLS

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2007, 09:57:05 PM »
Posters and readers of this thread,

Do NOT think these people of Comodo are slow or do not care, they are some of the finest around and are doing the BEST job for us the users and word carriers or spreaders of the BEST FireWall available Comodo Firewall Pro v3.0.14.276.

The problem I had could not be identified by anyone, we were all stumped.  My system would not even give me a MiniDump file, finally did and it was sent to the Developers.  The only thing I could do was to revert back to a previous version that would work on my system and not give me a BSOD.  A very short time later there was a new version out and I was very reluctant to install it, after a day it was finally done.  Now am completing the second day with the NEWest version and my system is doing just fine.

To end this, even a NEWB can provide them with information that they can work with or they are smart enough to use even my ramblings and come up with solutions that work.  If I were to wear a HAT I would take it off to them, SALUTE!! to the Developers.  Congratulations . . .

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,
TIA, CU L8R,

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek