Author Topic: Application Error installing CFP 3.0.25.378  (Read 24004 times)

Offline tal3152

Application Error installing CFP 3.0.25.378
« on: July 06, 2008, 09:25:36 PM »
I have Windows XP SP3 and tried to install CFP 3.0.25.378, after the restart I got an Application Error with the file CmSNXeye.exe
Comodo could not start and I had to uninstall it via Safe Mode only. After that this file could not be found on my Computer.
CFP 3.0.25.378 was working great on Windows XP SP2 and I just did a fresh install of Windows XP SP3.

Offline Ronny

• Retired - Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired - Volunteer Moderator
Re: Application Error installing CFP 3.0.25.378
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 12:18:59 PM »
Tal,

According to this site http://www.file.net/prozess/cmsnxeye.exe.html it could be part of a usb device.
I don't have it on my system, CFP 3.0.25 without Trustbar stuff.

Maybe it couldn't startup because Fw or D+ blocked something ? At what point do you get the CmSNXeye.exe error ? at startup, or after logon or after starting the application ?

And what's the mode of the Fw/D+ your running ?
Retired - Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline tal3152

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 07:37:35 PM »
Hi Ronny,

Thanks for your reply and here is what I found.
I did some search on the CmSNXeye.exe and looks like this file causing problems to other programs as well, I have no idea where this file came from. Anyway the solution is:

Search for the file "cmsnxeye.exe" yields three locations:
1) C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall
2) C:\windows\system
3) C:\windows\prefetch\cmsnxeye.exeXXXXX.pf

I found it in C:\windows\system & C:\windows\prefetch and delete them, then I reboot the system and was able to install CFP 3.0.25.378.

Now the problem is that I CANNOT START COMODO since after the computer finish to boot the whole system is FREEZING.
As I said before CFP 3.0.25.378 was running great on Windows XP SP2, I formatted partition C an reinstall Windows XP SP3 with the same applications but Comodo does not working.

The question is if there are knowen problems with Windows SP3?    :THNK

OK Everyone I found the problem and there is nothing wrong with Windows SP3.

CmSNXeye.exe is part of C-Media USB Sound Driver Soon as I uninstalled this driver Comodo is working PERFECT. I am using now the Default driver from Windows and the USB Headset is working fine. (R)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 08:21:10 PM by tal3152 »

Offline Ronny

• Retired - Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired - Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 04:41:24 AM »
Great to hear you found it, though it isn't nice that the two combined are freezing the pc.
Retired - Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek