Author Topic: A bug in Network Security Policy rules?  (Read 6216 times)

Offline MiguelT

A bug in Network Security Policy rules?
« on: August 15, 2008, 01:15:56 AM »
I think i found a bug, or do i miss something now?

When i go to the Firewall -> Advanced -> Network Security Policy -> Global Rules:

Then i'm adding a new rule like:

Allow
TCP
In
Name: Something
Destination port: 8877

Ok, this goes fine, but then i'm trying to add another rule like:

Allow
TCP
In
Name:Something else
Destination Port: 7788

and this is where Comodo says that i already have a rule with such parameters! But those rules are clearly different?
Ok, i propably could solve this by making a "set of ports" containing these two ports and then make a rule...but if this is a bug, i wanted to let you know.
Miguel Täystuho...

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
Re: A bug in Network Security Policy rules?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 08:04:32 AM »
Can you try changing the name of the second rule from "Something else" to "Something_else" and let us know if this changes anything.

Cheers,
Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline MiguelT

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 09:53:39 AM »
Yeah, i tried and no effect. Also tried other names and slightly different rules, and it says also same thing ("rule with such parameters already exists") with rules:

Allow
TCP/UDP
In
"Something_else"
Source Port: 7788

and

Allow
TCP
In
"Something_else"
Source Port: 8877
(which has same parameters as the first rule, except name so this is obvious)

But it allows me to add rules:

Allow
TCP
In/Out
"Something_else"
Source Port: 7788

and

Allow
TCP
In/Out
"Something_else"
Source Port: 8877

This is weird.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:57:22 AM by MiguelT »
Miguel Täystuho...

Offline neighbour

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 01:22:06 PM »
Ok, guys, i have the same problem but i discovered something more. When I try to add rule, it adds very nice, without any problems, but if I want to rename it to another name (description) nothing happens. So I have to remove old one and to create new, but check the spelling very well :) The rest of the settings are clearly updated, but description is always the same!

The next bug is like MiguelT's one but I find some more instructions. If you delete a rule from your application rule list and create a new one with the same rules, firewall says that I have one that is exactly the same. I think this is maybe not a bug, cause all rules are updated only when i press the lastest 'apply' button. But i think you should update application rules when edit process of current application rule is over.

And one more thing please. Why can't you add a function that may import and export some rules?! for example in xml format. It would be very great, because many people have to reinstall windows many times a year and they need to refill their rules. To say true i find it very difficult to reenter some big rules, when the firewall has updated and my previous list of rules is not acceptable in new version, because I saved my rules in older version :(

My configuration is:
windows xp sp3
comodo firewall 3.0.25.378_x32
.net runtimes 1.1+2.0 with sp1

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek