Author Topic: 3.0.17-.22:Lots of Network Connection Problems (MERGED TOPIC)  (Read 112358 times)

sded

Re: 3.0.17,.18,.19,20-Lots of Network Connection Problems (MERGED TOPIC)
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2008, 07:49:44 AM »
Worth a try, but probably not.  The failed installs generally have had more obvious and recurrent problems; but ???  Good luck; Ed.

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
  • Do you like fire? I'm full of it.
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2008, 08:25:52 AM »
I'm going to buy a wireless USB stick and remove my network adapter. Yes I'm willing to go just that far to keep Comodo.

WaterWall

« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2008, 08:35:46 AM »
I'm going to buy a wireless USB stick and remove my network adapter. Yes I'm willing to go just that far to keep Comodo.

Or maybe you just wait till Comodo fixes the bug ?  :)

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2008, 10:30:21 AM »
Or maybe you just wait till Comodo fixes the bug ?  :)
Which I doubt will be anytime soon. I'm not sitting around. I'm off to buy an USB right now. Wish me luck and that I'll have no more freeze-ups. =O

I used to advertise CFP and install it everywhere. However, it proved to be a gamble on some configurations where it would not work right or impair systems. CFP is a great firewall. However, bugs here and there make it difficult to deploy it as freely as other solutions. Please comb out the bugs. I'll be right here waiting. :)

EDIT: I have switched the WLAN PCI adapter with an USB adapter and checked "this computer is an ICS gateway", also upgraded to 3.0.21, no problems so far. I'm keeping an eye on it though. It still might lock up.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 02:41:41 AM by Searinox »

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2008, 01:47:51 PM »
Reporting back after having used the internet for over 24 hours, torrents, browsing multiple sites at once, webcam/microphone sessions, network speedtests, and such. I got no more freezes from CFP. Switching to an USB WLAN adapter made Comodo happy again. This does however, not fix Comodo's compatibility issue with the said adapter. :P
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 01:56:34 PM by Searinox »

sded

« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2008, 04:01:07 PM »
Probably doesn't like your driver for some reason.  Watch for an update from the manufacturer, then try it again.  Or if you used a cd to install, let Windows look for the latest online driver.  I have found USB adapters to be pretty problem free.  If you need more range (or need to use the neighbors wifi ;) ) put a cable on it and velcro it to a window.  Or buy a high power adapter like EnGenius or Alfa. (~$60) with a removable/replaceable antenna.  Hope it keeps working for you.  :)

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2008, 01:55:24 AM »
As I said, I've had both Windows' built-in driver and the one that came from Windows Update. Both did freezes. If the driver is at fault, it's likely some obscure issue with its design that isn't going to change any time soon, in updates or otherwise. I'm going to use the adapter in my 2nd computer, which will have Windows XP so I'm hoping they won't conflict then.

My neighbour doesn't have password-protected wireless. However, his router is configured to only accept the MAC addresses of the machines in his house, so unless I can find them out, and spoof them, I won't be able to leech. :P But I don't really need to. My wireless has proven very reliable so far. I've had reliability problems only up until I figured out how to configure it.

Offline GT086

« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2008, 09:02:45 PM »
I have to say, this problem is getting very played out. I'm extremely close to uninstalling Comodo and running Windows Firewall until I find something else suitable.

valldemossa

« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2008, 11:16:25 AM »
Hi Guys,

I hope I'm not introducing a Red Herring or talking cr*p. I'll let you decide.

Not terribly 'au fait' with Networks but I'm reasonably sure that I had problems with default settings for a LAN.
I believe the default is 192.168.x.2 to 192.168.x.255.
I found that I needed 192.168.x.1 to 192.168.x.255 plus 0.0.0.0 plus 255.255.255.255.

I'm fairly sure that if I didn't put the extra addresses in, I did not see requests logged on ports 68 and 67 and lost connection intermittently.

Also if you are using a Router you don't want the ICS indicator set in Firewall Settings.

Found I had network visibility problems and/or transfer problems if I did not have Computer Browser Service running.

Works for me with a Netgear DG834GT with a desktop running wireless with a WG111T and a laptop with a  wireless Dell Card.

Both are fixed IP addresses though.

Regards, Dave

Offline betterbionics

V3 won't allow LAN2 connection
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2008, 11:25:06 PM »
I just installed Comodo V3 now myinternet connection doesn't work as a result. I have a linksys router. When I boot up the system the icon in the tray below indicates it is functioning correctly and is connected. When I launch firefox or IE the tray icon develops a big yellow exclamation point and the browser says it can't find the server.

I just installed the firewall. Is there anything I need to do to tell comodo to add the LAN2 connection?

Thanks -

Offline ganda

• thermodynamic defier
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: V3 won't allow LAN2 connection
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2008, 12:53:59 AM »
how about create a global rule to allow everything from/to 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.255.?
it works for my LAN connection & connects my comp to DSL modem  (:NRD)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline betterbionics

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2008, 02:54:10 AM »
I set the global rule to include that range. Still, same situation. Yellow exclamation point that only came on after installation of Comodo.

I've tried renewing and disabling/enabling the LAN2 connection. Still, it cannot acquire the network address. This comodo is becoming a real pain in my Tukas. . .  (:AGY)

O0
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:09:27 AM by betterbionics »

sded

« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2008, 08:46:01 AM »
What OS are you using?  What mode do you have CFP3 in?  Are you using the default web browser rules for IE and FF in Network Security Policy?  Are you saying you get an IP at boot, but lose it when you launch IE or FF, or that they just can't find the server?  Or never get an IP?  Do you see anything being blocked in the Firewall Event log? 

Offline Devek

« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2008, 06:25:18 PM »
I have the same problem.

The network icon in the system tray is marked with a yellow exclamation mark and I have no access to any network.

I applied the global rule as stated above, but nothing happens to the icon.

I use XP Pro SP2 running Comodo in Training Mode. Default rules for FF browser, I guess. I was not able to connect to my network as soon as I installed Comodo, so who knows where the settings are.

From first look, it is MUCH more complicated than ZoneAlarm I just un-installed.

RTFM syndrome

sded

« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2008, 06:34:40 PM »
There is a thread on the connection problems for some CFP3 users ar http://forums.comodo.com/empty-t19817.0.html .  The most common workaround is to switch to a fixed IP and avoid DHCP issues referenced.   See if that works for you. 

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek