[Bug report] On some installs PrivDog won't block anything.

Hello,

Since there isn’t a form to follow I will just write in a non-form way.

Sometimes when installing PrivDog it will not block anything, the counter stays at “0” and it will stay this way forever it seems, to fix you must first uninstall it and then install it again.

This has happened at least 3 times throughout my continuous re-installing of Comodo Dragon and Google Chrome, simply disabling and re-enabling the extension doesn’t work.

Thank you,
Sanya IV Litvyak.

I’m having similar problems but with IceDragon and Firefox. It’ll either be stuck on the number after being initially loaded up on my homepage or it’ll just say “Not scanned.” I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but it still isn’t working. ???

I’m seeing “Not scanned” a lot myself, in both Firefox and Dragon. Just out of curiosity, have you altered the GUI of Firefox in any way?

I haven’t tried uninstalling/reinstalling as Sanya suggests, but I’ll try that later.

The problem I have with some installs means it will never work until re-installed, it won’t ever block anything, so if it at least blocks something then it differs a bit from my problem so I don’t know if re-install will work.

I changed the order of some of the add-ons on the top right/took some out, that’s pretty much it I think.

99% of the time it shows me the “Not scanned” message.

Even if through excessive reloading of a page, I can finally get it to say it has blocked something, all of the original page ads are still there. And not obscure ads either. Major players like Googleads! If it’s saying it has done its job and leaves Googleads on there, it’s not working… :wink:

This is even with all other extensions disabled.

So I’ll try uninstalling when I get some time and see if that makes a difference.

Thank you for feedback. Our devs already know about this problem and will try to fix it in near future.

This issue is now fixed according to a post Shane made in another thread.

I have yet to see that message in Dragon. It seems to work perfectly for me.

;D

That’s great.