Insufficient Disk Space Message When Installing

I am trying to install Time Machine on a new Windows 7 64 bit system and am running into an installation problem. I am trying to install the software on a Windows 7 (64 bit) system. I am running into a problem when the computer reboots after the installation. While within Windows 7, I run the installation program and all seems to go well. Then, the installation program asks me to reboot the computer. When the computer reboots (and before Windows starts to run), I get the message that “ErrorCode 8801: Insufficient disk space to install protect system.” I’ve got two internal hard drives. The main internal hard drive has two partitions. There’s a recovery partition (named D) that Hewlett Packard includes on the hard drive (which has files to restore the computer to the state it was in when brand-new) and then I’ve got the C partition which has Windows on it and into which all my programs are installed. The “D” recovery partition has 2 gig free space and the “C” partition has 300 gig free space still left. So, there seems to be enough free space on C for Time Machine to install, so I’m not sure why I’m getting this error message. Can you help me troubleshoot this problem so that I can get your program up and running? Thanks very much.

hi, jsaffer

Do you have a built in card reader? If so, you can disable it and try CTM install again.

Good luck!