Installation Error

Hi all. I’m having some error. Whenever the Comodo start to check update, it always says “Installation Error ; Updater Module could not be located” and Comodo didn’t check update. this happen too when i use “check for update” in Miscellaneous. This never happened before. any answer t solve it?

Welcome. :slight_smile:

Did you try an uninstall and reinstall?
If you do reinstall, remember to export your settings first. :slight_smile:

Sorry for slow answer, but I found problems again.
I’ve tried to uninstall COMODO, but COMODO can’t uninstall itself. my comodo can’t get uninstalled, it didn’t showed on add or remove programs and i can’t find the uninstaller on it directory. And i can’t get the setup to start because it say “there is COMODO installed in you PC, do you want to run the uninstaller?” or something like that, i say yes, but the uninstaller didn’t start. now i can’t uninstall the COMODO nor re-install it.
How can i solve it?

well, i believe the command line to uninstall is “C:\program files\COMODO\Comodo Internet Security\cfpconfg.exe -u” (without quotes). you can try running that.

well, it didn’t work… I don’t have cfpconfg.exe in my COMODO directory… maybe some"thing" delete it…
I tried with cfp.exe and didn’t work…
any other way?

Edit: I tried see diagnostics but it din’t run.

try looking for cfpconfg.exe in “C:\program files\COMODO\Comodo Internet Security\repair” folder.

i don’t have “repair” directory in my comodo. I wonder why… there’s only have “themes” directory inside it…
I even can’t access the log viewer…
where i can find the cfpconfg.exe? or any suggestions to solve this?

wow, looks as if half your installation is gone.
what’s your os?

my OS is windows XP sp 2.

Maybe someone with xp x32 can send you their cfpconfg.exe to uninstall. I have Vista x32. not sure if the same cfpconfg is used.

Download Regcleaner and take out the COMODO related keys then try starting the installer of CIS.

The OP doesn’t have the (un)installer or the repair folder. :-\

He has the installer: " And i can’t get the setup to start because it say “there is COMODO installed in you PC, do you want to run the uninstaller?” or something like that, i say yes, but the uninstaller didn’t start. now i can’t uninstall the COMODO nor re-install it." Hence my suggestion about removing the software keys referring to COMODO.

but he doesn’t have cfpconfig.exe. that’s the uninstaller.
the reg keys are probably showing it as installed.

Taking out the reg keys with Regcleaner may be the solution. CIS thinks it is not installed and the installer will start. It will overwrite the existing files when installing.

oh, okay. i misunderstood you the first time. :wink:

ok! :BNC
The RegCleaner works and it erase my COMODO registry.

now i have reinstalled my COMODO. Now this probem is Solved…

Thank you .FaZio93. and EricJH for solving (:CLP)