CTM not compatible with PerfectDisk Pro

When CTM was installed on a computer on which PerfectDisk Pro was already installed, PerfectDisk Pro ceased working correctly. The program either entered into an endless loop or jumped to the results page after a few minutes without displaying any results.

Hello,

I’ll try to reproduce your situation in a virtual enviroment,

At the Time, can you please specify what version of PerfectDisk Pro have you installed on your machine?

Also Your system specs
Windows XP? Vista? 7?
32 Bit? 64 Bit?

- Jacob Kilgore
C-O-M-O-D-O Forum Moderator

Hi Patrick4215,

CTM prevents the defrag. So please defrag before install CTM.

Best regards,

I must beg the differ,

I’ve installed WinXP Pro SP3 On a Virtual Enviroment, installed perfect disk, then installed CTM Beta, then Installed 4Gigs worth of software and games and then defrag’d (Completed Succesfully - EXCEPT for automatic excluded files (Must be CTM ) So everything but CTM is defrag’d?
I also tried Boot Defrag which didn’t work so well;

here is a screen shot

- Jacob Kilgore
C-O-M-O-D-O Forum Moderator

I don’t use CTM, but I thought I’d read that since CTM stores the snapshots in the free space of your drive, defragging wasn’t recommended?

Jacob, you shouldn’t defrag the disk after the presence of CTM.
The disk writes will be redirected. In fact, your not defragmenting your disk, just increasing the snapshot size.
CTM fragmentation is less than the one done by Windows System Restore.

Ok thanks for the correction

I also have Perfect Disk 11 Pro, and when I tried to defrag after installing the Comodo Time Machine, it wouldn’t defrag. The same with Auslogics Disc Defrag.

Don’t know if it was a bug or not, but after removing CTM, I had no more problems with defragging.

Cat

CTM and defraggers are not compatible to each other. Just don’t a use defrag program with CTM aboard.

CTM will consider each file move (defrag) as a new one (a different one) and the snapshot will increase and increase… CTM technology is not compatible with defragmenters.