GOOGLE TRANSLATE doesnt work [Merged]

Specific symptoms of the bug and steps you can take to reproduce it (step by step).
i find a web page that is in a foreign language, and google translate offers to translate. i click translate and it claims it has, yet i see no change.

http://s27.postimg.org/4x2lnl7oz/Untitled.jpg

Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.
closed browser and re opened, restarted pc, uninstalled then reinstalled dragon, updated dragon to the latest
Comodo Dragon Version (Stable/Beta) e.g. Dragon 4.1.1.11 (Beta); e.g. Dragon 4.1.1.12 (Stable)
Version 33.1.0.0 (altho i noticed this with the two previous versions also, 31 & whatever the one before that was)
Plugins/Themes installed in Comodo Dragon
NONE
Windows version (w/ 32 or 64-bit) e.g: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit); Windows XP SP 3 (32-bit)
win7 X64
UAC status (diabled/enabled) if it applies to you [ for Vista/Windows 7 only! ]
Dissabled
System Drive where Windows is installed (e.g. C:, “C” Drive )
Place (installation path) where Comodo Dragon is installed
User privileges (administrator, limited user, guest, etc.)
Administrator and the only user
If you have Google Chrome installed then please mention it’s version and whether the same issue reproduces with it.
No i do not have it installed, but i imagine it works fine with their browser.
Mod edit: Added merged to the topic title, Captainsticks.

Hi luke_nadewalker,
This is a known issue as noted in the topic below.
Translating with the built-in translator is not working

Thank you for posting this issue using the correct bug reporting format, your efforts are appreciated and I hope this issue can be solved sometime in the future. :-TU

Thanks for your time.

Check out: Google Translate - Chrome Web Store as a workaround.

Both CD and CS have problems translating pages from other languages to english.

Tested on a french page (Wikipédia, l'encyclopédie libre) and a russian page (Частые вопросы о Яндекс Браузере для личного использования - Яндекс Браузер. Справка). Right click, Translate to English with no effect.

Hi Lotus,
This is a known issue which has not been fixed unfortunately. :frowning:

The extension kindly posted by ‘GCG1000’ in reply 2 of this topic appears to be the best workaround.

Kind regards.

Hi captainsticks.

I noticed the problem is not specific to Comodo products. Torch and SuperBird, both based on Chromium, are equally unable to translate. However, others are doing the job just fine: Slimjet, Yandex, SRWare Iron and obviously, Chrome.

I don’t like the idea of adding extra plugins just to do the basic job the browser should be doing in the first place, and maybe not as good. Combine with the big gap between last Chrome and CD/CS versions (I know they promised faster releases in the future, I’m still waiting), and the reshaping of CD to look like Chrome (what a nice browser was before!), it’s time to move on. I will not abandon all hope, and keep an eye on what is going on here, but for the time being at least, I will switch to another browser as my main.

Thanks for your reply.

https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cd/bug-report-comodo-chromium-secure-chromodo-t109775.0.html;msg797321#msg797321