Files downloaded to windows temp folder have empty NTFS security attributes

Hello,

Specific symptoms of the bug and steps you can take to reproduce it (step by step).
I changed path for downloading files to other logical disk to move from C: SSD drive.
Files which were downloaded by Comodo to windows temp folder (K:\temp) have empty NTFS security attributes. Files have full set of attributes when I download them to another folder (like k:\ or K:\downloads).
k:\temp is also path for Comodo cache (–disk-cache-dir=“k:\temp”), it works ok.
C and K are NTFS drives. K - striped volume.

Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.
I have to assign attributes manually to me - local admin user, and add permisisons, like Full control.

Comodo Dragon Version (Stable/Beta) e.g. Dragon 4.1.1.11 (Beta); e.g. Dragon 4.1.1.12 (Stable)
Comodo 27.2.0.0

Plugins/Themes installed in Comodo Dragon
Comodo Web Inspector 0.2, Hide my ■■■ 1.2.5, DoNotTrackMe 2.2.9.620, AdBlock 2.6.2, AdBlock Plus 1.4.1, Comodo Share Page Service 0.1, Pig Toolbox 1.0.7.4, PrivDog 1.1.0.62, SpeedDial 2.5.3

Windows version (w/ 32 or 64-bit) e.g: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit); Windows XP SP 3 (32-bit)
Windows 7 Professional 64 SP1

UAC status (diabled/enabled) if it applies to you [ for Vista/Windows 7 only! ]
Never notify

System Drive where Windows is installed (e.g. C:, “C” Drive )
C:\

Place (installation path) where Comodo Dragon is installed
E:\Programs\Comodo_Dragon

User privileges (administrator, limited user, guest, etc.)
Administrator

If you have Google Chrome installed then please mention it’s version and whether the same issue reproduces with it.
There is an error (insufficient permissions) when I download file to k:\temp.
It writes well to my user downloads folder (c:\users<user>\Downloads) and k:.

Now it’s not important fix for me because I know how to avoid error (I changed download path).
I post this message just for your information.

Thank you.