CD v28.0.4.0 causing floppy drive to be accessed

Comodo Dragon v28.0.4.0 is causing the floppy disk drive (A:) to be accessed each and every time I launch Comodo Dragon. While this may or may not be a bug it is however annoying.

Edit:

Bug Report:

Specific symptoms of the bug and steps you can take to reproduce it (step by step):
Start Comodo Dragon.

Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it:
I’ve tried disabling all extensions, however that didn’t fix the problem. I can’t resolve it.

Comodo Dragon Version (Stable/Beta) e.g. Dragon 4.1.1.11 (Beta); e.g. Dragon 4.1.1.12 (Stable):
Comodo Dragon 28.0.4.0 Stable

Plugins/Themes installed in Comodo Dragon:

• AdBlock 2.6.2
  • Ghostery 4.1.2
  • WOT 1.4.13

Windows version (w/ 32 or 64-bit) e.g: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit); Windows XP SP 3 (32-bit):
Windows XP SP3 (32-bit)

System Drive where Windows is installed (e.g. C:, “C” Drive ):
C:\

Place (installation path) where Comodo Dragon is installed:
C:\Program Files\Comodo\Dragon

User privileges (administrator, limited user, guest, etc.):
Administrator

Hi andavari,
Try clearing the downloads cache within dragon.
Ctrl+j

Clearing the download cache doesn’t fix it, it’s something new in v28.0.4.0 causing it.

Also, I had already had all cache cleared by CD automatically when existing the browser plus I also use CCleaner which also clears it.

Hi andavari,
I think this is a bug which may or may not be carried over from the Chromium base, either way it needs to be fixed.

If you have the time could you please use the modify function and add the suggested information following the bug report guidelines to your opening post, in the hope the Developers can reproduce the issue.
Bug Report Guidelines

Your time is appreciated, thank you. :slight_smile:

Hello,

Please go to the install location and launch Dragon from the “Dragon.exe” file. Let us know if the issue reproduces.

Thank you.

@ captainsticks
I’ve modified the first post with the proper bug reporting format as you requested.

[at] George-Silviu Blendea
Directly launching dragon.exe from it’s folder also doesn’t fix it.

Thank you andavari, let us hope the Devs can reproduce the issue.
Your time is greatly appreciated, thanks. :slight_smile:

Hello,

Does the "A:" drive open in the browser window or does it open in Windows Explorer?

Thank you.

The "A:" drive doesn’t open at all. Launching Comodo Dragon just causes it to be accessed/queued as if it wanted to read something off it, although I haven’t personally used the drive in at least two years.

There’s other software that can also cause that to happen on computers that have a floppy disk drive, it isn’t all that uncommon.

I have the same problem with comodo dragon 28. The computer is very old. On my laptop, no problem.

It tries to access the floppy disk…

How can i go back to previous version? Pls tell me. Its very annoying.

FileHippo.com keeps the old versions, available at:
All versions of Comodo Dragon for Windows - FileHippo.com

This bug was fixed in CD v28.1.0.0

Thanks for letting us know. :-TU