Author Topic: AntiSpam 2.5 problems [Assumed Solved]  (Read 18173 times)

Offline Junhua

• Comodo Loves me
Re: AntiSpam 2.5 problems
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 02:10:43 AM »
Hi Adyb:

As i know, it's ture that 'priority of IP filter is lower than priority of email addresses filter'.
        But every e-mail will be filtered by both two filters, except one filter approving it or blocking it.
        IP filter could not work with some spams with forged  mail header, for they always have no source IP information.  I think the e-mail you got looks like this type. Would you please zip the email sample and post it to forum? You need save it as *.eml file by your email client, then zip it and post it as attachment. Thanks!

Offline adyb

• Comodo Member
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 07:49:13 AM »
Hi Junhua,
Adout double filtering, I can only guess that if the email address is checked first and quarantined (because the address is new and fake every time), the IP filtering have to wait until it pass.Changing the order it will be deleted instantly and without any error and the whole checking process (useless in this case) will be saved.
About the message, I am not very familiar with meaning of the email header records, but I know that all contain fake addresses, IP, etc.
I am using Outlook 2003 and the .eml extension is not one of the save options, but I saved it as a .msg file.The virus attachement is not included because it was deleted by Nod32 from the begining.

Brgds.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Junhua

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 08:12:44 AM »
Hi Adyb:

Thank you for your valuable sample.
      I think it will help us to defeat the spamers.

Offline zombie

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 11:00:12 AM »
Hi Zombie:

I suggest you select the "Only allow digitally signed e-mails" in the policy page. All your e-mail will be blocked if they are not signed or their sender are not listed in white-list. And if you delete  others, they will be deleted from your pop servers in the next time to receive e-mails.

problem with digitally signed e-mails is that it needs additional activity of email recipients that most of them do not like.

filters like IP, domains etc. are not usefull while it can be simulated (changed) and different every time.

Offline zombie

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 06:50:42 PM »
 (:WAV) is the new ver. somewhere on the horizont

Offline Junhua

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 09:44:15 PM »
Hi Zombie:

As i know there is a new ver with CAS2.5 bugs fixed and some improvements on user operation.  It may be on the procedural steps of release.

Offline zombie

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 02:38:51 PM »
 :-\ one spammer simulates my email address and I get this spam in my inbox !!

Offline zombie

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2009, 07:43:44 AM »
 ;D please, if you do not have any better ver. then 2.5 (it is a little bit rubbish*y) I want to download ver. 2.1 somewhere.

Offline Junhua

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 03:55:51 AM »
Hi Zombie:

CAS2.6 is avail now. And it has fixed several bugs of CAS2.5.
       Please refer to http://forums.comodo.com/antispam/comodo_antispam_26_is_now_available-t33044.0.html for more details.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek