Author Topic: COMODO Cloud Scanner 1.0.129202.4 BETA Release !!!  (Read 15880 times)

Offline patrice58

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: COMODO Cloud Scanner 1.0.129202.4 BETA Release !!!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 03:21:45 AM »
I have 567 issues lol no malware or suspicious files. 180 privacy issues, 279 registry errors and 108 junk files. What do I do about them?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 03:24:10 AM by patrice58 »
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline JoWa

• Humanist
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I believe in doubt.
    • Evolutionary history of life
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 05:49:49 AM »
Use CSC. ;)
Ubuntu | Firefox | HTTPS Only Mode | Privacy Badger
Forum Policy | Comodo Product Help

Offline Star Shadow

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 11:01:46 AM »
we are putting a button saying Report FPs...

that should be live soon.

In the meanwhile pls submit it to the forum.

thanks

Melih

I attached the file in a zip file. I don't know where the false positive originated from, either CIMA or the CIS Signatures, so if it's CIMA, then I don't know how that would be corrected. The file is originally from here:
Code: [Select]
http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UK&CttFileID=1815266&CDCttType=SW&ModelType=N&ModelName=CLX-6200ND&VPath=SW/200805/20080507180957328_Smarthru_Office_V1.02.28.exeOr, if you go here and click on Software, then it's SmarThru Office:
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/print-solutions/print-solutions/colour-multifunction-printer/CLX-6200ND/XEU/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=support
Thanks. Hope this helps.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Married to a loving wife. :)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 11:22:40 AM »
I have 567 issues lol no malware or suspicious files. 180 privacy issues, 279 registry errors and 108 junk files. What do I do about them?

so no unknown files either?
if thats the case, then its a good sign...  (and that's the exact use of CCS...its designed to verdict if a PC is ok)

the rest are for good house keeping..

Melih

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 11:23:13 AM »
I attached the file in a zip file. I don't know where the false positive originated from, either CIMA or the CIS Signatures, so if it's CIMA, then I don't know how that would be corrected. The file is originally from here:
http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UK&CttFileID=1815266&CDCttType=SW&ModelType=N&ModelName=CLX-6200ND&VPath=SW/200805/20080507180957328_Smarthru_Office_V1.02.28.exeOr, if you go here and click on Software, then it's SmarThru Office:
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/print-solutions/print-solutions/colour-multifunction-printer/CLX-6200ND/XEU/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=support
Thanks. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Melih

Offline Whoop-dee-doo

• Cave Dweller
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • What are you staring at?
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 12:27:35 PM »
I have a few questions and comments.

Comments:
  • 1) You should have the option of selecting which items you want to scan for, and you should be able to select these BEFORE the scan starts (see 1st pic for a way to implement this). Clicking on the red "x" during the scan to cancel a scan component is not very user friendly.
  • 2) The "view details" function is not well implemented. It does nothing more than clicking on the "+" to the left of the "malware and suspicious files," which only provides details for one scan component (and not details about the other components). I would remove the "view details" button. Instead, when the mouse hovers over the "+", a balloon should pop up that says "view details" (you have a similar function when you hover over the "restart scan" and "talk to a live expert now"). You can also print "click + for details" on the left side of the window. See 1st pic.
  • 3) I think there should be some notication that a component of the scan was not done or was cancelled. The live support team should know about incomplete scans... and currently there is no way to deduce this from the scan results. If an item is not scanned, a blue progress bar should not appear. If a scan is stopped/interrupted, the blue progress bar should indicate it (shown by a red "x" in my sample pic). You can also have text descriptions of the scan status for each component as shown in the 2nd pic.
  • 4) I think the cloud scanner should auto update when the program starts. This way the live support person does not have to waste his/her time telling people to update to the newer version. The scans will always have the most recent version.

Questions:
  • 1) Does the cloud scanner only scan, or does it clean also? (I did not sign up for on-line support, so I am not sure if signing up will let you do more than just scan). If it does clean, then you should be able to clean without connecting to live support. If it does not clean, then I understand that a live support session can help the user properly address the scan results.
  • 2) Why include junk files, registry errors, and privacy issues in the cloud scanner when you already have this functionality in CSC?

Thanks,
Whoop

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 01:30:20 PM by Whoop-dee-doo »
"The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas." - Linus Pauling   :-La 

"Don't find fault. Find a remedy." - Henry Ford

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 03:05:25 PM »
Thanks Whoop-dee-doo

I will address your comments:

1)i passed it to dev guys, they were working on a modified gui.
2)as above
3)Indeed, we are trying to get the CCS to tell details to Live pc operator to save the user from explaining what the problem is etc.
4)passed it to dev guys

now the questions:
1) CCS is build as a diagnostic tool only, hence does not have cleaning.
2) CCS is build as a total diagnostic tool that will identify if your PC needs attention if so where etc. Its a full diagnostic tool, that will get people to diagnose their systems much easier than installing CSC or CIS etc. At some stage, we intend to make this web based also.

thanks
Melih

Offline Endymion

• Comodo's Hero
  • Reality is subordinate to perception.
    • Faces -The Madman (Kahlil Gibran, 1918)
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 11:04:27 AM »
I've been reading an old paper which focus on windows inbuilt extensibility mechanisms (eg BHO, protocol handlers) and thoughts it could be a good thing to add to CCS if it isn't there already.

Gatekeeper: Monitoring Auto-Start Extensibility Points (ASEPs) for Spyware Management

I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.
Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek