Author Topic: COMODO Cloud Scanner 1.0.126109.1 BETA Release !!!  (Read 28940 times)

Offline lordraiden

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: COMODO Cloud Scanner 1.0.126109.1 Public Release !!!
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2010, 06:42:07 PM »
LivePC support is free for 30-days.

And them... I have to pay for clean my temporal and internet files, and the invalid registry keys that affec to my privacy?... there are many free soft for this, even comodo have and software for this

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2010, 07:12:25 PM »
As CCS uses signatures online, couldn't the actual product (CCS) be based online too? No need to download and update to newer versions then.

:)

we will try to have a web based version too..

Melih

Offline clocks

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2010, 07:23:57 PM »
I have not tried installing it, as it does not sound like it will be truely ready until it is "connected", but how is this different/better than Immunet Protect, Panda Cloud, Prevx, etc.?  Thanks

Offline LaserWraith

• pillow fighting fool
  • Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I'm going to go out with a bang
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2010, 08:21:22 PM »
we will try to have a web based version too..

Melih

Will that need ActiveX on Internet Explorer?

Offline SecurityManiac

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Live today Life might end tomorrow
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2010, 12:28:56 AM »
Will parts of this be included in v4 as well? From I've heard about v4 it might be a nice test bed for it

Offline bequick

• Comodo's Hero
    • GooGle
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2010, 03:20:41 AM »
Personal opinion: I don't think comodo needs a thousands of incomplete products.I think that comodo needs one, but great product.This one doesn't make sense for me.I will not use it.

3xist

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2010, 04:43:01 AM »
Will parts of this be included in v4 as well? From I've heard about v4 it might be a nice test bed for it

CIS v4, in the prebeta, has some cloud technology already (The ability to recognize if a file is malicious from comodo cloud servers) when it's not yet detected (Sandbox takes care of these cloud signatures) which are not yet downloaded to one's PC. This will further improve in future CIS v4 releases.

Cheers,
Josh

Offline SecurityManiac

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Live today Life might end tomorrow
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2010, 06:21:20 AM »
CIS v4, in the prebeta, has some cloud technology already (The ability to recognize if a file is malicious from comodo cloud servers) when it's not yet detected (Sandbox takes care of these cloud signatures) which are not yet downloaded to one's PC. This will further improve in future CIS v4 releases.

Cheers,
Josh
That's what I hoped for. Sounds like a good idea for protection

Offline clocks

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2010, 08:11:35 AM »
Personal opinion: I don't think comodo needs a thousands of incomplete products.I think that comodo needs one, but great product.This one doesn't make sense for me.I will not use it.

I have to agree.  Comodo seems behind schedule on providing the "worlds best AV program".  Meanwhile all these little "me too" products are being released/tested.  I wish Comodo would stick to 3-5 core programs, and make them the best they can be, rather than having 100 small groups working on different side projects.  I am afraid this path will only result in many unfinished, buggy, mediocre products.  I would rather see a handful of kicka$$ products.

I think CIS is their flagship product, and one of these teams that are working on (CTM, cloud, backup, dragon, etc.) could be working on the GUI, behavior blocker, etc for CIS.

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2010, 08:37:44 AM »
Will add to wishlist though would be good to have links to the results for either comodo products or independent solutions to the errors. For example, Comodo System Cleaner to clean privacy tracks etc, CIS to get rid of Malware. etc...

Just a thought.

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline Matty_R

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • How long is a piece of string?
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2010, 10:43:59 AM »
Sorry but this should not be released as a finished product, it is completely misleading and wrong to label some of the "errors or problems" as Your Computer is at Risk.

I`m sorry bit imo this is absolutely ridiculous and should be pulled until it gives more reliable results.

If i was to go to someones house to do an electrical check/test and told them they have this wrong and that wrong (when really it was fine) it wouldn`t be long before i appeared on a rogue traders tv program.

/rant off  :-*

Not a fan...yet!
A couple of computers :P

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2010, 11:16:45 AM »
This product does not feel like a final release to me. Are we sure it isn't still in Beta?

I did a scan and it said that it detected 177 suspicious files. Seeing as just about every one of these is related to my ATI software I don't think so.

Also I recently did a scan with many other security products and they found nothing. Doesn't this seem like kind of a big bug for a final release?

I would very much like to try this product when it is finished. But for now it is still in Beta ... in my eyes.

Offline Commanding The Celsius

• Product Translator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • ^^^^
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2010, 11:43:21 AM »
Sorry but this should not be released as a finished product, it is completely misleading and wrong to label some of the "errors or problems" as Your Computer is at Risk.

I`m sorry bit imo this is absolutely ridiculous and should be pulled until it gives more reliable results.

If i was to go to someones house to do an electrical check/test and told them they have this wrong and that wrong (when really it was fine) it wouldn`t be long before i appeared on a rogue traders tv program.

/rant off  :-*

Not a fan...yet!

Yeah, why rush it.. None get satisfied from a bunch of FPs using this software in its current form anyhow, its just bad publicity, comon comodo (Melih, CCS team) you know better..

My wish is hoping comodo won't use MD-5 checksum.   Would like SHA-256 checksum

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5Basicly it;s also saying SHA-1 will be unsuitable

Just an idea, that may have not been thought of :)

Using MD5 to better identify malwares shouldn't be an issue?? I think the wikipedia page is talking about is using MD5 as a way to safely encrypt information, but this isn't the Cloud Scanners mission..

FYI: Comodo don't uses MD5 crap in their certificates..  :-TU

=)

Offline LaserWraith

• pillow fighting fool
  • Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I'm going to go out with a bang
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2010, 04:35:12 PM »

&

I have to agree.  Comodo seems behind schedule on providing the "worlds best AV program".  Meanwhile all these little "me too" products are being released/tested.  I wish Comodo would stick to 3-5 core programs, and make them the best they can be, rather than having 100 small groups working on different side projects.  I am afraid this path will only result in many unfinished, buggy, mediocre products.  I would rather see a handful of kicka$$ products.

I think CIS is their flagship product, and one of these teams that are working on (CTM, cloud, backup, dragon, etc.) could be working on the GUI, behavior blocker, etc for CIS.

:-TU

When I think online scanner I also think rogue.  :P

Offline Rednose

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2010, 05:15:31 PM »
This is a joke right ??? Because if this is called a release, I call it a Rogue :-TD

Greetz, Red.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek