Author Topic: Scan Exclusions ignored  (Read 4881 times)

Offline mintmag

• Comodo Member
Re: Scan Exclusions ignored
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2020, 04:19:31 PM »
Hey mintmag,

No need to apologies...cool.Let me check/test in my environment and notify you.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD
Did you find anything?

Offline Tartenpion

Did Comodo just ignored an exclusion rule??
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2020, 10:43:43 AM »
Hello,
I'm using freeware CIS on Windows 10 pro 1909. This night, a scan occurred (Sunday evening 11:59pm, default full scan schedule I think). I added (a long time ago) exclusions for some devices (F:\* is highlighted here).

This morning, I see this: https://gofile.io/d/73aBQW

Is it intended that a full scan bypasses our exclusion rules ?? (Thankfully, all was restored with the general "action" command, which is a great feature when this happens btw).

Thanks. Regards
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 11:58:55 AM by futuretech »

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2020, 05:28:37 PM »
Seems a bug that won't get fixed until they update the saved settings configuration format.

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2020, 04:02:32 AM »
Sorry to bump up this thread again but this bug has returned. You can get around it by switching to a different configuration then switching back and restarting the computer. But to the Comodo team think you guys could look into this one. I don't want my AV deleting files without permission.

The same problem with a configuration setting of my own with version 7036.
With Eric's suggestion it no longer occurs. But I want to use my own configuration.

Offline mintmag

• Comodo Member
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2020, 01:16:10 PM »
Seems a bug that won't get fixed until they update the saved settings configuration format.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm losing faith that this will get resolved. Did they change the format?

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2020, 12:56:47 PM »
No but the latest beta they claim to check for invalid rules for scan exclusions was implemented, which is the reason this issue happens as the \Device\HardDiskVolume number changes every time an external drive is mounted.

Offline mintmag

• Comodo Member
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2020, 10:24:13 PM »
No but the latest beta they claim to check for invalid rules for scan exclusions was implemented, which is the reason this issue happens as the \Device\HardDiskVolume number changes every time an external drive is mounted.

Is that was causes Comodo to forget about the rules. It seems to happen when there's an update or just randomly.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek