Author Topic: Scan Exclusions ignored  (Read 2285 times)

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Scan Exclusions ignored
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 07:19:00 PM »
It is not common but something that may sometimes happen when installing numerous updates over time. Last year I had to start with a clean profile.

Offline mintmag

• Comodo Member
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2019, 06:17:00 AM »
I guess we should mark this as solved.

Offline mintmag

• Comodo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2019, 01:31:20 PM »
Sorry to bump up this thread again but this bug has returned. You can get around it by switching to a different configuration then switching back and restarting the computer. But to the Comodo team think you guys could look into this one. I don't want my AV deleting files without permission.

Offline mintmag

• Comodo Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2019, 12:08:52 PM »
This bug seems to occur when the software does an update and post update scan, Please fix this Comodo I'm sick of geting false positives is areas I told the software not to scan.

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2019, 02:25:23 PM »
What type of update? Program update or AV update? And if a program update how do you update it? If you update to a newer CIS version using the standalone installers, the config is saved but not activated after the upgrade.

Offline mintmag

• Comodo Member
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2019, 10:07:51 PM »
Both I think. It gets an updated and after which it scans the system. Including white listed directories. and drives.

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2019, 11:45:48 AM »
The only time the AV starts a scan automatically is either the initial quick scan after installing CIS and the full scan that runs on a schedule. The AV scan does not run after an AV update, nor does it run after upgrading to a newer version of CIS, especially if the upgrade was done using the program updater.

Offline mintmag

• Comodo Member
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2019, 05:46:23 PM »
In that case it would be the scheduled scan. Comodo updates itself before going through with the scan so that's probably what I was seeing.

Offline jasoncollege24

• Comodo Member
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2020, 04:04:12 AM »
I'm also having this problem. In my case, it will detect a file on an automatic scan, or an on-access scan. I choose ignore > add to exclusions, and moments later it pops up a warning on the exact same file. The only way I've found to stop it so far is to choose ignore > report false positive.

CIS version is 12.0.0.6882

Fresh install of Windows was a little over a year ago, and CIS was installed shortly after, but this Windows install has only been used about half the time, because I dual-boot Linux.

This has been a problem for me since before that fresh install of Windows. Pretty sure I reported this a good while back, and was told to reinstall. Obviously, that didn't work.

Need my logs as well?

Offline mintmag

• Comodo Member
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2020, 10:31:54 AM »
I wish to bump up this topic because this still happens. It can be remedied by switching configuration profiles and restarting the computer but it's really annoying that it keeps doing this. I add folders and enture drives to the (do not scan) settings and they still end up getting scanned. A less common bug is that sometimes the firewall will block everything from connecting to the internet. It's fixed in the same manner. Switch from then back to your configuration profile.

Online Dharshu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2020, 11:42:04 AM »
Hello mintmag,

Thank you for reporting.We will check this and let me have some steps to reproduce?
Like what you did and what happened ?
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Offline mintmag

• Comodo Member
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2020, 02:15:10 PM »
Hello mintmag,

Thank you for reporting.We will check this and let me have some steps to reproduce?
Like what you did and what happened ?
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Unfortunately this is intermittent behavior, there's nothing you can really do to trigger it. I can only suggest connecting a drive or creating a folder with a known false positive, then adding the directory (not the file itself) to the do not scan list. I tend to leave my computer on for days at a time that might also help as well.

Online Dharshu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2020, 10:29:34 AM »
[at]mintmag, Let me know your exact CIS version of the issue?
Have a nice day!

Offline mintmag

• Comodo Member
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2020, 06:55:32 PM »
[at]mintmag, Let me know your exact CIS version of the issue?
Have a nice day!

Please accept my apologies for the late reply. I've included a screenshot. Despite this being a free license I still thought it wise to hide it.

Online Dharshu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2020, 12:33:53 PM »
Hey mintmag,

No need to apologies...cool.Let me check/test in my environment and notify you.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek