Author Topic: CIS 11 Shuts down my computer before finishing a full scan.  (Read 107 times)

Offline Davja

CIS 11 Shuts down my computer before finishing a full scan.
« on: September 29, 2018, 01:37:49 PM »
Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro and have upgraded from CIS 10 to 11.  Before yesterday, CIS was running my scheduled daily scan just fine.  Yesterday, I got home from work and my computer was shut down completely.  I tried to run a scan, and CIS shut the computer down before it finished scanning the C drive.  Upgraded to CIS 11 yesterday, same thing happened.  However, when I manually scanned each partition of my drives, it worked just fine.  Did not find anything.  I don't have the box checked for CIS to shut my system down, so I'm at a loss.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

Offline qmarius

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • making simple things complicated
Re: CIS 11 Shuts down my computer before finishing a full scan.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 04:45:38 PM »
From your description, it sounds like your CPU is overheating. Alternatively, check if a memory dump was generated (BSOD).

Offline Davja

Re: CIS 11 Shuts down my computer before finishing a full scan.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 06:51:51 PM »
From your description, it sounds like your CPU is overheating. Alternatively, check if a memory dump was generated (BSOD).

I believe that, as my grandfather always used to say, you hit the nail on the head.  Went to work with the canned air, and then ran a complete full scan.

Note to self: Check the simple things first,

Thank you qmarius. 

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek