Author Topic: cavwp.exe +85% CPU Usage - 12.2.2.7098 version  (Read 649 times)

Offline Jonny1984

cavwp.exe +85% CPU Usage - 12.2.2.7098 version
« on: February 01, 2021, 12:36:22 AM »
Recently updated to the 12.2.2.7098 version.

I've noticed the high temps due to the fans ramping up. It seems to last anywhere from 15-30 minutes before settling back to normal.

I also noticed there are multiple .exe's from COMODO running in the task manager.

The duplicates do not have an icon.

Attached is a screenshot to show the CPU usage and the extra processes.

Is there a way to limit how much CPU the anti-virus can use?

If the duplicate processes are not normal, is there a way to remove them? ( Possibly from an older update that didn't uninstall properly )

- Jonny

Offline sAyer

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
Re: cavwp.exe +85% CPU Usage - 12.2.2.7098 version
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 01:57:35 AM »
Whats up Jonny1984. Are you using and older PC or something up to date. Knowing your specs would reveal more ? Either way if the PC is old and was not high end back then well mystery solved. If you specs are good then ? I've had the similar issue once or twice over the years. A uninstall and fresh reinstall usually fixed it. Never had the CPU spike mine was very high prolonged disk usage. Try a fresh install and report back !

Yeah you can limit process priority and usage. Not that limiting antivirus would be a good idea even if slowed it will constantly be running in the background but slower and always be running in the background. No matter what it will be taxing your PC.

wj32's masterpiece https://processhacker.sourceforge.io/

or maybe

Process Lasso https://bitsum.com/

Edit : If the AV is set to Stateful set it to On Access and see if you notice a change then.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 02:01:59 AM by sAyer »
"You affect the world by what you browse." - Tim Berners-Lee

"When you change the rules on what controls you - you will change the rules on what you can control.” ― Revolver

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek