Author Topic: Bases.cav not downloading  (Read 516 times)

Offline EMN987

• Comodo Member
Bases.cav not downloading
« on: September 27, 2020, 01:33:13 AM »
I restored Windows 10 partition image on my laptop. The partition image is from some month ago. Windows and Comodo obvious needs to be updated. I not want to connect to internet with my laptop while Comodo tells me that I am "at risk". So I am trying for several days to download the file "bases.cav"  from Comodo website on my desktop computer, so I can transfere it to the laptop and import virus database on Comodo. Problem is, almost at the end, the download of bases.cav fails. I click on "resume" and it seems like it finalizes. The size of the downloaded bases.cav is 504.672 KB. When I try to import the virus database on the laptop it gives an error on "install signatures". Looks like the file is not complete. Tha Product Version of Comodo is 12.0.0.6818. Any idea how I can download the complete bases.cav ?

Offline liosant

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • GOD cure me epilepsy and atrophy - Sou brasileiro!
Re: Bases.cav not downloading
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 08:47:44 AM »
add in settings host url: cdn.download.comodo.com
see image

Offline EMN987

• Comodo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 10:55:05 PM »
I am trying to download the file bases.cav from Comodo website using Firefox. This is how I always did, but not its failing at the end of the download. This is the link I am using for many years:

https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/updates/vdp/database.php

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher is your last mistake'
    • Schneier on Security
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 04:01:56 AM »
I just downloaded the full database from that link using Firefox w/o any problem and it gave no errors. I'd suggest trying another PC for the download if you have one
I am trying to download the file bases.cav from Comodo website using Firefox. This is how I always did, but not its failing at the end of the download. This is the link I am using for many years:

https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/updates/vdp/database.php
Ploget

All Win 10 x 64 Pro - 21H1 (19043.1110) / CIS 12.2.2.8012
Comodo Forum Policy
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito”

Offline EMN987

• Comodo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 11:17:11 PM »
Thanks for your reply. This is very strange. I tried again 4 times today to download bases.cav, once in another computer. All fail at the very end. When I click on "resume" it saves bases.cav with 504.690 kb. When I import it into Comodo, it gives error at "Install signatures".

Offline EMN987

• Comodo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 11:38:17 PM »
Solved my problem. I downloaded the newest standalone version of CIS and installed it. I tried to import bases.cav that I just downloaded, but it gave error. Lucky I had a file bases.cav from April 2020, tried to import that, and this worked. So I only had some more updates do download.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek