Author Topic: After a few seconds after starting a scan, it gets aborted  (Read 24319 times)

Offline jimmimcsandy

• Comodo Member
Re: After a few seconds after starting a scan, it gets aborted
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 01:12:05 PM »
Hello..fellow techno-geeks.. :)  - I had this problem with my Vista Laptop..(Compaq) - I downloaded and installed.. CIS Premium 6xxx free.. installed it in a clean..environment (had run Combofix, Malwarebytes, Eusing Registry Cleaner and Spybot..with a REBOOT.. PRIOR to downloading and installing CISP fresh off the Comodo Free Download link.  It downloaded and installed.. perfectly.. -notified me that database was out of date and scan had not been executed.. so I clicked on update.. - it brought up the updates page.. 2 or 3 seconds of revolving arrow (status icon) .. and boom.. failed/aborted.. etc..etc..

Did a proper start.. control panel.. programs and features.. comodo internet security premium.. - uninstall..   - followed by a reboot.. - on boot up.. - ran the UNINSTALLER (provided off a comodo link) . .to take out.. CIS Premium.. did.. rebooted.. - followed the advice to run it a second time.. (odd note... neither time did it take the CIS Premium icon off the desktop.. not a biggy for me.. easily delete-able)  - upon second scan with Comodo uninstaller..

I rebooted.. - downloaded a fresh copy of.. CIS Premium (in case..first one came down corrupted.. and passed its "check-sum".. but still snarled up code.. )

..installed it.. - SAME :(   failed/aborted during manual update..

CAME TO THIS FORUM.. found the fix.. - cut and pasted.. the reg key from HKEY_Current_User..over to HKey_User S-1-5-18 as described here.. - exited out of regedit.. rebooted..

brought up.. Comodo.. - forced it to do an update.. - TADAH!! IT WORKED :) ..temporarily :(

it went ahead and did a "quick scan".. found nothing.. turned "RED WARNING" into "GREEN SECURE" status :)   all good so I thought.. :)   no infections found during quick scan..

REBOOTED THIS MORNING..wanted to force another update.. and perform a FULL SCAN.. - and during the update process.. all four updates -failed.. aborted.. couldn't connect to server..

WHILE STILL GREEN/SECURE..figured..yesterday's  database should be good enough to do a full scan today.. and set it loose on my system.. to scan.. (still scanning at the time of this writing.. )

THAT SAID.. any other ideas.. or suggestions..reg fixes.. patches.. downloads..prayers.. or  voodoo.. ANYTHING?.. I can do to fix it.. permanently..  as this registry copy and paste.. only worked the one time.. ..am waiting the end results.. of the FULL COMODO Scan just in case there is something else running interference.. but I suspect not..

thanx.. "jimmimcsandy"

Offline gamboloyd

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 02:13:44 PM »
After 8 months of not updating, trying different fixes, uninstalls, rollbacks etc this finally worked and took about 2 minutes.  neuralnet, you are indeed a God amoungst men.  I tip my hat to you

Offline jimmimcsandy

• Comodo Member
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 12:21:54 AM »
bump..  WORKED FOR ONE UPDATE.. now back to the "no updates" .. 0x80072ee7 "Server name or address could not be resolved".. - I even did a reset on the TCP/IP Stack.. using the netshell command.. in case there was some kind of error/corruption..there.. :(  no go.. no show.. :o

...so I'm open to any suggestions..  thank you ..

Offline jimmimcsandy

• Comodo Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 02:34:50 AM »
RESOLVED :D  ;D :o 88) :a0 after... trying to sort things out.. why did it work once.. and not again.. on the update.. "INTERMITTENCE".. yep.. turns out..there is a flakey circuit on my laptop's wireless card.. I tried another router.. same..issue.. so I disabled the onboard wireless nic.. added a nano-usb wireless.. loaded the driver ..boom! connected..updated.. every time..

thanx for your patience everyone..

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 07:51:18 PM »
Congratulations finding this. Sometimes issues are hardware and not software.

Offline Ramses XIII

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2020, 02:59:43 AM »
Well, greetings, colleagues.

Guess, I'm the only one, whom did not help anything from above?

CIS 5.12. For many years. Cause worked fine'n'fast and absolutely no need in higher versions.
But not this time...  :(
About 2 years I left PC mastering, but the chance has happened. The pal ask to shake the old days, so it has began.
I made 99% fast & successful, but for 24 hours I beat my head because stuck in antivirus update.

Indecently countless and useless times I:
- updated base manually (410 MB)
- copied bases.cav and put it into /scanners in normal/safe mode
- deleted bases.$$$ in safe mode or with Unlocker
- copied "internet connections settings" from  one registry key to another (what is described in this topic)
- turned AdMuncher On/Off
- danced with a shaman tambourine
- and rebooting, rebooting, rebooting
- and restarting, restarting, restarting

Still - fail, while I did all the same as in earliers years...

Finally, lost hope, I online updated the program itself (to 7.0). And the desired green pin finally, but joyless, has shone...

Well, will I be the Captain Obvious, if I conclude - CIS 5.12 is NOT supported anymore?...
I would be happy if I mistake, but...

CIS 5.12
Windows 7 32-bit

Could anyone say anything, please?... :-\
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 03:01:48 AM by Ramses XIII »

Offline safemode

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2020, 01:15:50 PM »

CIS 5.12
Windows 7 32-bit

Could anyone say anything, please?... :-\

CIS 5.12 is vulnerable to many things which the newer CIS versions are designed to prevent, in my opinion it's not very wise to be using such old version in the current days. You should uninstall it using the Uninstaller Tool.

You should try CIS V12.0.0.6882 released 1 year ago which is a VERY stable build or try the latest version.

See this post for 6882 Offline Installer.

Offline Ramses XIII

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2020, 01:40:40 PM »
Vulnerable or not, wise or not - it has been working for some successful years. Keep my word, no one threat has been missing, and no one problem has been caused by 5.12 fault.
Well, possibly, I just didn't meet such a crucial alert. May be.

And if You read only that 2 strings, which has replied, I was forced to updated to 7.0, with no joy. Yes, it's slow and redundant, alas. IMHO, of course.
And if I prevail this abnormal error update I will certainly prolong using 5.12. Except, I will love 6882 with all my heart  ;D

And yes, anyway, thanks for advice about 6882. Will try.

Offline safemode

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2020, 10:27:48 PM »
Vulnerable or not, wise or not - it has been working for some successful years. Keep my word, no one threat has been missing, and no one problem has been caused by 5.12 fault.
Well, possibly, I just didn't meet such a crucial alert. May be.

And if You read only that 2 strings, which has replied, I was forced to updated to 7.0, with no joy. Yes, it's slow and redundant, alas. IMHO, of course.
And if I prevail this abnormal error update I will certainly prolong using 5.12. Except, I will love 6882 with all my heart  ;D

And yes, anyway, thanks for advice about 6882. Will try.

Yes I've read it and keeping even CIS V7 installed is not a very smart decision from the security standpoint, it is advised to remove it using the Uninstaller Tool and opt for a more recent CIS build instead such as 6882 or newer.

See below posts for examples in how CIS security improved over the years:
https://forums.comodo.com/verified-wish-reports-cis/hips-rules-disappear-randomly-m1897-t100199.0.html;msg901756#msg901756

https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/extended-script-analysis-list-t124634.0.html

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-2019-v12006882-ndash-released-t124707.0.html - at Release notes you will see they fixed vulnerabilities in the Containment module reported by Tenable.

https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/add-devicecng-to-protected-objects-cve202017087-mitigation-t126427.0.html;msg903275#new

So it's a matter of time if you cross into something that can bypass older builds. If your only requirement for a security solution is to be stable and work without issues then you might have a better luck trying something like Bitdefender Free Antivirus for example. With a complex solution like CIS it is advised to update your build at least once every 2 years.

If you have problems updating CAV database then usually a clean uninstall/reinstall procedure using the Uninstaller Tool will do the trick.

Offline C.O.M.O.D.O RT

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2021, 03:27:13 AM »
HI All,

Could you please check with the current CIS 7098 and let us know the feedback.

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-2020-v12227098-released-t126694.0.html

Thank you.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek