Author Topic: Compatibility Issues (3.0.7.208 beta) [CLOSED]  (Read 4171 times)

Offline baklogic

Compatibility Issues (3.0.7.208 beta) [CLOSED]
« on: August 19, 2007, 09:27:55 AM »
 :THNK

Hi everyone, just trying the beta 208, on Vista x64.
I need to get to grips with it, but my first problem was that it completely knocked my web access off.Reported Error 797 (modem not found)
Tried the 2000 fix,to check the dll's, replaced the dll's o.k,but would not fix access. .
http://www.cknow.com/faqs/Why/HavingaMSNMAILHOSTDOWNLOA.html

Obviously Vista all updated,
Avast free edition.(I have noticed a few other niggles with x32 systems , and will monitor that.)
2.13 CORE 2 DUO, 4GB RAM
Speedtouch ADSL modem
Hyperos 2007VE (allows copys of Vista and XP, AND VIRGIN BACKUPS, to reinstall quickly) This allows me to replace the whole partition in minutes, so I can test without concern, if a Beta version does mess up.
There is quite a bit to learn about configuration, and I will , in time check through , and keep an eye on the forum, in case others find answers.
I have Comodo Bo Clean on XP x32, no problems - plug and play,
Very little to shout about in Vista Firewall market, at the moment, so with perseverence, Comodo could be as good on Vista x64 , too. (:WIN)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 06:27:19 PM by Soya Lv. 2 »

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
Compatibility Issues (3.0.7.208 beta)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 11:14:14 AM »
Discuss in this topic  incompatibilities with other softwares (AV,Spyware detectors) or Windows itself.
Post your Windows Version and Incompatible software version.

I had aVast as my only 3rd party security until the CFP WinXP x64 beta was released.

Installed CFP Beta, and things looked great, only issue was an avast webshield one, solved in another thread.

As the days went on, I started digging into what other goodies comodo had for WinXP x64 and found CBO & CMG Beta.

So I loaded CBO 4.25, rebooted and things looked good.  Proceeded with CMG, and thought it was nice that it didn't even need a reboot.

Played my games that night, and went to bed.

After getting home from work the next day, i unlocked my PC, but my desktop was unresponsive.  So i reset my PC and windows got to and past the authorization (user/pwd) but wouldn't load the desktop.  So i rebooted again... this time it loaded the desktop but things were real slow.  Checked the Task manager, and i was at 100% CPU... at that moment it was the FRAPS64.dat taking 50% and comodo apps taking the other 50%.

so i uninstalled fraps and rebooted... no load to desktop after authentication... rebooted, got in, things felt better.  saw some higher than normal CPU usage, but it seemed to settle down.

My AnyDVD crashed... restarting it seemed fine.

inserted my Dvd movie i wanted to archive,  (using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2)... upon inserting the disc, explorer.exe took 50% CPU, upon ejecting the media, a 2nd explorer.exe took the remaining 50% CPU

... hmmm, so i guess it wasn't fraps after all... so at this point, i figured... something Comodo was not playing nicely.  So i decided to uninstall all comodo apps (CFP, CBO & CMG) and restart by adding one at a time.

with all apps uninstalled, things were back to "normal"

This ran me into another issue when the CFP installer reported something about "an older installer" and refused to reload.  after quite some time clearing files and registry entries, i got the installer to proceed.  I figured if CFP works again I'd just stay with it.

Things looked good initially with CPU usage, got asked rules questions, i answered them... but then i noticed the rules weren;t being saved anywhere, the Active Connections list was empty, and so were were the logs... obviously things were not OK.

There is obviously some unhappiness between CFP, CBO & CMG based on my experience, as well as some uninstaller work required.

So i uninstalled CFP... and here I stand, back at the beginning with only aVast.  (:SAD)

I think if some uninstallers/cleaners were written for CFP, CBO, and CMG (so I can be sure)... I would certainly try again with CFP as it was working flawlessly for days before i loaded CBO & CMG.

Hey all,

When going into Manage My File Profiles and trying to scan my system for a safe list, or trying to create a custom safe list, it crashes. 

I'm running the latest x64 beta build of the firewall program and just wanted to know if there is anyone else out there having the same issue.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 01:33:32 PM by gibran »
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline Typo

• Comodo Member
    • http://pdehq.hyperphp.com/
Re: Compatibility Issues (3.0.7.208 beta)
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 06:56:22 PM »
From event log, about 100 just like these after Comodo latest beta install:

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address **********.  The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Internet connection works well no problems there... Repair works all the way to NetBT which doesnt succeed...

Uhm, whats going on??

WinXP64SP2 all updates...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 05:07:27 AM by Typo »

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 10:12:45 AM »
Typo,

Sounds like Firewall/General/Network Security Policy/Global Rules is to blame.  DHCP will probably require an Inbound UDP rule tailored for the DHCP server.

You might find a ruleset that works from the Stealth Configuration Wizard (each time you select one, though, it won't remove the old "preset" rules; just add more to them, thus creating some duplication).

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Typo

• Comodo Member
    • http://pdehq.hyperphp.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 04:38:25 PM »
Yes, it worked better... I selected that "i would like to be alerted..." option from Stealth configuration... Deleted all the rules, set Firewall to custom mode and from every alert that came up I modified all the application rules to my liking, now everything works like charm...

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 05:42:15 PM »
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek