Author Topic: CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA 64-Bit Bug Reports [CLOSED]  (Read 24697 times)

Offline ~Daniel~

• I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Defense+ issue with Outlook 2007 and/or aVast?
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2007, 08:33:25 AM »
This is a bug. Run an executable should be the 1st alert you get when you run an app.

Anyway that behaviour seems like outlook was added to the blocked app list using D+ Common tasks.
What is your default D+ security level?

Train with Safe Mode...

But after looking with some fresh eyes this morning, I think this may have been user error, as I found OUTLOOK.EXE in the block list side for explorer.exe... but I honestly don't remember being asked for this rule... I guess the manual ALLOW rule I added overrode the BLOCK entry.

Odd. :THNK

I guess these Events makes sense now, as Explorer was blocked from launching outlook... see attached log.  The events look rather vanilla though, and don't really give a blocked/allowed sense/feeling

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 10:51:11 AM by m0ng0d »
Comodo: CIS 11.X (latest version)
Backup/Imaging: Macrium Reflect Home v7.X
Win10 Phone: N/A
Personal Website: Comodo SSL (via CloudFlare)

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
Re: CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA 64-Bit Bug Reports
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2007, 02:14:18 PM »
Yep.  :)

I asked that because I was wondering if that was the behavior of my pending list with another D+ security level other than Train with safemode.

I guess these Events makes sense now, as Explorer was blocked from launching outlook... see attached log.  The events look rather vanilla though, and don't really give a blocked/allowed sense/feeling
I tested a similiar scenario. that createprocess log entry is added when you try to launch a new app anyway this does not imply that the app was blocked. The log is somewhat lacking to report this aspect.

If you add a file to My quarantined list you get blocked file entries in the log.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline BiGx5MurF

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2007, 04:41:00 AM »
Computer information - Compaq Presario V2000
Operating System information - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Actively-running security and utility applications - nod32 v2.7, Windows firewall disabled.

This release of Comodo installed without any issues for me.  But in system status it says

-"The network firewall is not functioning properly"
-"Please run diagnostics utility to fix the problem"

When I try to run the utility I get a critical error that says

-"Failed to start the diagnostics:  Please make sure CFPconfig.exe is in the same path"

I've tried changing the firewall security level from Training Mode, to Train With Safe Mode and Custom Policy Mode.  Didn't get anywhere.

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2007, 08:42:42 AM »

-"The network firewall is not functioning properly"
-"Please run diagnostics utility to fix the problem"

Maybe inspect.sys is missing. If it is then continue to discuss about this issue in
https://forums.comodo.com/64_bit_bug_reports/no_inspectsys_on_the_system_308_309-t13443.0.html
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2007, 09:09:18 AM »
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition (Build 3790) Service Pack 2

BETA Installer: "The Installed Operating System is not supported by COMODO Firewall Pro - BETA. Aborting installation."

Unlike Vista x64, Server 2003 x64 is the same version of NT as XP Pro x64, so there's no valid reason it cannot be supported.

Offline pazuzu

System status takes ages to go green
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2007, 09:48:26 PM »
Dunno if it's a bug or just a minor annoyance : Comodo starts up without a problem , but takes some minutes to show up the big and reassuring "All systems are up and running" , at the same times it gets me no information upon connections or any other detail about its functioning , seems plain dead , even though I have a connection going on.
Also , it takes some time to actually being able to recieve or send data (connection established but no data going trhu) , say some minutes.
I checked www.grc.com's shieldsup tcp test during this "sleep time" and it seems to stealth my ports anyway.
But , is it really running with a delay on displaying things or is my butt up in the air for the time being?

XP 64 SP2
Avira Classic PE
System is a bit stripped down , I turned off most of the useless services , is there any that is MANDATORY for the well being of my comodo ?

Thanks guys

Update: running iexplore seems to be the only way to "unfreeze" the connection ... I really dont wanna do this ... please

« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 04:16:31 PM by pazuzu »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek