Author Topic: CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA 64-Bit Bug Reports [CLOSED]  (Read 24667 times)

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
Re: CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA 64-Bit Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 06:30:50 PM »
No, i can click it and it does something, but it then refreshes device manager and nothing has been removed from the list.

The only option is System restore then. You can Test it and if doesn't work you can reset your las operation.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline evil.monkey

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 11:55:38 PM »
Kaspersky Internet Security 7 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7 messes with CFP3's Network Security Policy.
Rules are created but missing from Network Security Policy. Problem verified with Vista 64-bit and WinXP 32-bit.

Temporary Solution: Uninstall Kaspersky, reinstall CFP3.

Offline djbronko

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 05:00:19 AM »
Hi,

I'm running Comodo 3.0.9.229 in Win XP x64 with SP2. I found a bug related to a bug I reported some time ago: ICMP code and type are not logged.

They have been logged before (i.e., in v3.0.8.214) in an unusual format (multiplied by 256) in the columns for TCP/UDP source and destination port. In the current version, these fields are empty for ICMP packets.

I consider this a bug because it is not possible to control ICMP rules. As you can see on the attached image, there's no way to understand why a specific packet came through while another one was blocked.

Since I cannot check which rules apply, I cannot confirm egemen's statement that the bug I reported before is a matter of log visualization only.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Maz_D

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 05:44:14 AM »
I don't know if this will help but my computer isn't working fine anymore, it gives a bsod with ndisuio.sys being the problem just after Vista x64 boots to the desktop.

The only option is System restore then. You can Test it and if doesn't work you can reset your las operation.

I tried that but somehow my restore points got corrupted and cannot be used.  ???

Offline Maz_D

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2007, 06:00:30 AM »
I think I have found the conflicting software because I booted back to last good configuration and the change was a VMware install. VMware and Comodo don't work together and give BSODs. I think it is due to the "virtual" network adapters it installs and Comodo has problems with them.

This configuration without VMware allows Vista x64 to boot and work fine now, but I still have those Comodo Firewall miniports in device manager that can't be uninstalled.

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2007, 07:51:35 AM »
I think I have found the conflicting software because I booted back to last good configuration and the change was a VMware install. VMware and Comodo don't work together and give BSODs. I think it is due to the "virtual" network adapters it installs and Comodo has problems with them.

This configuration without VMware allows Vista x64 to boot and work fine now, but I still have those Comodo Firewall miniports in device manager that can't be uninstalled.

Strange someone tested it with wmware and it worked, maybe it was on 32bit platform.

Anyway please post rhis info also in https://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/cfp_309229_beta_bsods-t13169.0.html
If you find any dmp file in your windows\minidump directory post them too.

(CNY)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline ciambridge

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 02:45:20 PM »
hey guys..

i really like your firewall, i mainly use to prevent the epolicy orchestrator from enforcing its policies..i have to have it installed because of my college..

i just have one question..since installing comodo firewall, it takes vista about 5 minutes to shut down and as long to switch users..
i got vista x64 ultimate and the new comodo beta 3.09..

would be great if anyone could help me...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 03:08:29 PM by ciambridge »

Offline meier12

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
hi, change your topic:

slow shutdown v3 x64

Mike

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 03:42:48 PM »
ciambridge,

Your multiple posts on this question have been merged into one thread; the duplicates were removed in the process.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline DarthOps

How do I uninstall CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2007, 03:59:57 AM »
Sorry about this guys, but I am totally stuck as to how I uninstall the CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA, I have nothing in the Programs and Features list and I can't find an uninstaller in the Program Files for it!

I will also need to get rid of the network drivers too!

Please help!

Thanks

Darth

Edit: Just thought I better mention that I am using Vista 64 Home Premium

Edit Again : I reinstalled the comodo beta and THEN I had an option in "Programs and Features" so I managed to uninstall it, the only problem is that in the Security Centre it still seems to think that comodo is active!

is there anyway to stop this?

Thanks,

Darth
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 04:44:13 AM by DarthOps »

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 07:20:27 AM »
Hallo DarthOps please look at Rebuild Repository Folder to Recognize Comodo topic

Offline ciambridge

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 02:08:42 PM »
he guys..

found the source of the slow shutdown problem..

i have a HEL80 notebook from compal..when comodo firewall ist installed, the WirelessSelectSwitch process of compal cant be stopped by either the taskmanager or the comodo firewall...thats why it takes vista ages to shut down..i uninstalled the WirelessSelectSwitch application and vista shuts down as fast as usual..the only problem still remaining is that i need this program to switch on my wireless lan and bluetooth connection, because pressing Fn + F2 ist not working anymore after i uninstalled the wirelles select switch..

would be thankful for any help in this matter..

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2007, 02:17:58 PM »
would be thankful for any help in this matter..
Have you tried reinstalling WSS, perhaps in SafeMode?

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline ciambridge

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 02:28:07 PM »
yup, tried to reinstall it, with and without comodo firewall being on..when i was installing vista i used a version of WSS that seems to be out of date now, but installing any newer versions of it wont work, i get an error everytime i try it..so i had to install my old version again, i stopped the firewall before i installed it, but the application is not working after the installation and the process cant be stopped..quite weird..
havent tried the safe mode so far..maybe i am going to give that a try later..

thanks for the quick reply mate...

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 02:29:27 PM »
Please do give SafeMode a try; that may make the difference.
Forum Policy

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek