Author Topic: CPF 3.0.11.246 RC1 32-Bit Bug Reports  (Read 58757 times)

Offline Chappy

• Comodo Family Member
Re: CPF 3.0.11.246 RC1 32-Bit Bug Reports
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2007, 04:40:37 AM »
Tested again, all Windows updates fail with CFP RC1 installed on a fresh test install of Vista 32bit.

If I have time I'll try another fresh install but I think 6 times is proof enough that the Update issue is back.

Dave

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
Re: CPF 3.0.11.246 RC1 32-Bit Bug Reports
« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2007, 07:19:35 AM »
Tested again, all Windows updates fail with CFP RC1 installed on a fresh test install of Vista 32bit.

If I have time I'll try another fresh install but I think 6 times is proof enough that the Update issue is back.

Dave

I guess I should ask this. Did you enebled D+ option block all unknown actions when the application is closed?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline snusa

Pending File List Bug
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2007, 07:48:48 AM »
Noticed the select all doesn't actually select all.  It simply inverts the list.
Which is actually good but.... Since I am coming up with so many files and don't have an open pipe for submission to blow up your servers with junk...

The "All" header box should at least be renamed to "Invert All"
This is probably the case with all other selectable lists within the program.  Haven't checked.  I get tired of seeing 400+ files in my pending lists one by one...  So I usually just dump them all.

There should be a way to multi select regions of the list without having to select on each box.....  (Using the control/alt/shift combinations like in most windows lists)

Otherwise this great feature (similar to prevx) becomes a nuisance.

I strongly suggest other users/testers send feedback about the user GUI!  Many good programs are ruined because of "ergonomics issues."  Coders think one way... Users think another.  MAKE IT EASY FOR THE USERS!

I hope someone at Comodo checks out my other suggestions in this forum.  Lots of good suggestions here.  (IMMHO)  ** Especially the way rules could be effectively displayed!  See link below.**

http://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/cfp_3011246_rc1_general_feedbackimpressions_not_for_bug_reports-t14513.0.html;msg103483#msg103483
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 07:57:40 AM by snusa »

Offline languy99

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
CFP v3 blocks update on vista[CLOSED]
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2007, 10:53:34 AM »
I had installed vista on my computer and was having problems getting my updates. first it would not install the windows update service that is needed to search for updates. and the error it was giving me  was for microsoft office. I tried turning the firewall off but that did not resolve the issue so i though that it was not the firewall. next i went and installed the update in safe mode and then i was able to download and install the updates except for a few. the updates that cause the trouble are the additions for vista ultimate and updates KB933928 and KB933360 those would not install. Just thought i should let you guys know. i was using the latest RC1 release.
http://www.youtube.com/languy99

Software Reviews for all.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/languy99

Offline adric

• "Start every day with a smile and get it over with."
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • "I am not young enough to know everything. "
Re: CFP v3 blocks update on vista
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2007, 11:36:47 AM »
I had installed vista on my computer and was having problems getting my updates. first it would not install the windows update service that is needed to search for updates. and the error it was giving me  was for microsoft office. I tried turning the firewall off but that did not resolve the issue so i though that it was not the firewall. next i went and installed the update in safe mode and then i was able to download and install the updates except for a few. the updates that cause the trouble are the additions for vista ultimate and updates KB933928 and KB933360 those would not install. Just thought i should let you guys know. i was using the latest RC1 release.

The final version of CFP was released today. You will have a better chance of support by trying the new version to see if the problem still exists.

http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/CFP_Setup_3.0.12.266_XP_Vista_x32.exe
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/CFP_Setup_3.0.12.266_XP_Vista_x64.exe

Al
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 11:39:29 AM by adric »

Offline snusa

Vista user switching obliterates firewall protection in RC1!
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2007, 12:13:43 PM »
Switching users obliterates firewall protection!  The ADMIN account ends up totally unprotected!

Switching users (in vista ultimate) from standard user to administrator account eventually / ultimately always appears to results in a memory write access error.  (I have seen this multiple times.)  This is followed by COMPLETE FIREWALL FAILURE in the ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT.  Firewall icon disappears in taskbar.  Trying to reload firewall does not correct this.  (Nor can you end the CPF.exe from the Task manager - which is good...  But CPF protection has failed at this point....  PROGRAMS INSTALL WITHOUT WARNING!

Switching user back to user account reveals firewall is still running but an error is diplayed on summary screen.  Error is: Defense+ is not working correctly.    (Which suggests running diagnostics.)  Diagnostics do not find any problems.

A reboot in necessary to fix this.  But in the meantime, a program fully installed in the admin side without comodo rc1 intervention!  BIG HOLE!

(There still are programs which won't install using Vista's ACL security authentication prompting.)  That's how I found this.  RoadRunner tools (a high speed internet provider) is one example.  Apparently somewhere during installation it checks for Admin rights without user having a chance to respond to an ACL authentication prompt.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek