Author Topic: CPF 3.0.11.246 RC1 32-Bit Bug Reports  (Read 61636 times)

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
Re: Crash and Burn (number 2)
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2007, 11:39:12 AM »
Please be more precise. By email, do you mean by posting in the CFP Beta Corner forums?

I don't have any issues with posting my findings in the forums.

Where in CFP do I find the function to submit a Bugreport?

Like I said
CPF should automatically launch your email client

Unfortunately I cannot post a screenshot until a crash occurs.
When CFP crashes a dialog appears and if you click send it will launch your email client  with the crash dump attached and the mailto field filled.

There is no need for anyone to remember where I posted that info since I usually add a pointer
after signing. For example:

Al
System Information

Yep I saw you edited your posts in this page, thank for the understanding.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline adric

• "Start every day with a smile and get it over with."
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • "I am not young enough to know everything. "
Re: Crash and Burn (number 2)
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2007, 12:19:29 PM »
Like I said
Unfortunately I cannot post a screenshot until a crash occurs.
When CFP crashes a dialog appears and if you click send it will launch your email client  with the crash dump attached and the mailto field filled.

Yep I saw you edited your posts in this page, thank for the understanding.

Finally a post where I don't have to read between the lines :) Up to now, my understanding for reporting bugs was  to post and attach all relative files concerning pre-release bugs in the appropriate forum. This is what I've done all along.

Are you saying that the preferred method for sending dumps is not via the forum, but via the 'Comodo Firewall Pro Error Report' pop-up that might appear after a crash?

Al

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 12:27:03 PM by adric »

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: CPF 3.0.11.246 RC1 32-Bit Bug Reports
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2007, 12:44:26 PM »
Finally a post where I don't have to read between the lines :) Up to now, my understanding for reporting bugs was  to post and attach all relative files concerning pre-release bugs in the appropriate forum. This is what I've done all along.

Are you saying that the preferred method for sending dumps is not via the forum, but via the 'Comodo Firewall Pro Error Report' pop-up that might appear after a crash?

Al

It doesn't really matter if it was your choice to post in the forum but it does matter if something prevented the usual dialog to show up because end-user should not feel forced to subscribe to this forum in order to submit a Crash report. So it is needed to track down these issues as well.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline g3b

• Comodo Member
avast & comodo disappear from task bar?
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2007, 05:16:32 PM »
Hi,  Well have been using the latest release rc1 for about 2 wks...didn't have any probs until I booted up the avast program & comodo disappeared from the task bar & the avast 4.7 Home would not start with windows?  Comodo firewall was also missing from start up programs (checked win lin startup program---low resources does a good good on disabling unnecessary start-up prog.)  Previously everything booted up fine & avast updated, however the last update was shown to be 11.10?  Uninstalled avast & put avira antivirus, updated & ran a full system scan --- nothing there rebooted avira was in task bar but comodo 3.0 was not? 

system windows xp32, avast home then avira (not together) spybot, ad aware, ccleaner.

No BSOD issues so far.
Thanks g3b
      (:NRD)

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
When I create an ask rule, at the applications rules comodo blocks the traffic instead of asking for my permission.

Can someone verify this?

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2007, 09:12:50 PM »
When I create an ask rule, at the applications rules comodo blocks the traffic instead of asking for my permission.

Can someone verify this?

I have a P4 HT, My system internet browser is Firefox, OS: XP sp2 32bit, AV: Avast Other security: Comodo Memory Guardian 1.6beta
Firefox is in My safe list.
I tested it win IE7 an FF Here V3 completely Ignored it (same as Allow) but it didn't learn anything. It simply allowed.

BTW did you have a BLOCK ALL in the same ruleset as ASK? In my test I used only an ASK ALL IP From IP ANY To IP ANY

Offline AnotherOne

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2007, 11:50:59 PM »
Hi Gibran - Wouldn't IE and FF be on the list of Safe software that comes with CFP?  That may override your "ask" rule.  Does anyone know if this is so?
What do you mean, my shoes are on the wrong feet???  These are the only feet I've got!

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2007, 12:09:27 AM »
Hi Gibran - Wouldn't IE and FF be on the list of Safe software that comes with CFP?  That may override your "ask" rule.  Does anyone know if this is so?

It should be about Alert Frequency Level guys.

While testing, if you set Firewall->Advanced->firewall Behavior Settings->Alert Settings to high, you can test the effect of ASK better.

And ofcourse make sure you are in Custom Policy Mode as CFP may learn the application you are testing if it is safe.

If you believe, you can reproduce a buggy behavior, please let me know how to reproduce so that we can fix asap.

Thx,
Egemen

Offline g3b

• Comodo Member
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2007, 12:59:37 AM »
Well I uninstalled & reinstalled RC1...When I was installing it said I had outpost firewall installed?  Checked add/remove in control panel nothing from agnitium/outpost --- so I d/l outpost free ran for about 30 min & uninstalled...Then reinstalled RC1 still got the error message but clicked next (did comodo uninstall the outpost remnants? or is there an uninstaller for outpost?)  Comodo seems to be working ok with Avast 4.7 again (reinstalled that as well also).

Thanks for your reply!
g3b

windows xp home 32bit
avast home 4.7
spybot \ ad-aware
advanced windows care IO

Offline merktnichts

No alerts are shown with RDC connection
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2007, 08:15:02 AM »
Very problematic bug with RC1:

When using a Remote Desktop Connection, CFP's alerts do not show. Instead the network traffic connections are silently blocked and time out after some time. As a result if there is no rule for that specific traffic yet, the network for the network application is unusable and completely blocked.

When using the computer locally, all alerts do show up as expected.

This is on a 32-Bit XP Professional, using Microsoft's Remote Desktop. CPF is configured to run in Custom Policy Mode with highest level of alerts. But it seems that this is a general problem, no matter how CPF is configured.

Edited additional information:

Affected Software information
- CPF 3.0.11.246 RC1 32-Bit

Operating System information
- Windows XP SP2 German

Actively-running security and utility applications
- none

Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it.
- Clear rules for Application XY
- Connect to PC via Microsoft's Built-In Remote Desktop
- Use Application XY
-> Result: When Application XY wants to do network traffic, it is blocked and no alert is being shown.
-> Expected behaviour would be that CPF's alerts do show as if you were using the PC locally.

Specific steps you have taken in attempt to resolve it.
- Nothing a user can do change this behaviour.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:08:36 AM by merktnichts »

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2007, 08:17:41 AM »
It should be about Alert Frequency Level guys.

While testing, if you set Firewall->Advanced->firewall Behavior Settings->Alert Settings to high, you can test the effect of ASK better.

And ofcourse make sure you are in Custom Policy Mode as CFP may learn the application you are testing if it is safe.

If you believe, you can reproduce a buggy behavior, please let me know how to reproduce so that we can fix asap.

I tested this again  but the overall reults are the same. Anyway it may be an issue with my configuration so it is needed that some other tester can confirm this.
Using an High alert frequency level and Custom mode I got only one alert but on the second page I loaded.
Using Train with safe I got no alert the connections were  allowed and no changes to the ruleset were learned.

Opera 9.24 and Firefox 2.0.9. Both added to trusted vendors.

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2007, 09:41:31 AM »
I have a P4 HT, My system internet browser is Firefox, OS: XP sp2 32bit, AV: Avast Other security: Comodo Memory Guardian 1.6beta
I set my Display DPI to a Custom value to match actual Monitor PPI (custom 91%)

I found only two GUI glitches one in Application system Activity Control, another in Process Acess Rights
Screenshots attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline lurkingatu2

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2007, 04:46:50 PM »
hello  :)

comodo 3.0.11.246 rc1 running it with superantispyware and avira antivir pe classic

ok i turned on my pc today and got online (msn dialup) after i get online
i opened comodo rc1 and comodo rc1 crashed so her is the crash dump
from inside the comodo rc1 file

and this is from the event viewer

Event Type:   Error
Event Source:   Application Error
Event Category:   None
Event ID:   1000
Date:      11/16/2007
Time:      1:01:10 PM
User:      N/A
Computer:   
Description:
Faulting application cfp.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module , version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74   Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c   ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 63 66 70   ure  cfp
0018: 2e 65 78 65 20 31 2e 30   .exe 1.0
0020: 2e 30 2e 31 20 69 6e 20   .0.1 in
0028: 20 30 2e 30 2e 30 2e 30    0.0.0.0
0030: 20 61 74 20 6f 66 66 73    at offs
0038: 65 74 20 30 30 30 30 30   et 00000
0040: 30 30 30 0d 0a            000..   

thanks  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
avira antivir pe classic winpatrol counterspy v2.5 superantispyware pro sandboxie spywareblaster zonedout for ie-spyad hostman with mvp hp host file 1.30ghz amd 256 mem xp pro sp2

Offline SpacemanPT

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2007, 08:08:09 PM »
Defence+ still blocks windows from login in... I may be needing a vista reinstall... I can get it to work if i change rules for explorer.exe manualy on safe-mode... it might be that i have too many programs running on startup...

because i'm in the middle of my final project for my university i really can't reinstall vista just to test this out

edit: to anyone who hasn't tried the cfp, try it anyway... just ignore my words... i don't see anyone else with the same problem
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 08:09:47 PM by SpacemanPT »

Offline SpookyET

• Studio Industry
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2007, 11:14:39 PM »
Defence+ still blocks windows from login in... I may be needing a vista reinstall... I can get it to work if i change rules for explorer.exe manualy on safe-mode... it might be that i have too many programs running on startup...

because i'm in the middle of my final project for my university i really can't reinstall vista just to test this out

edit: to anyone who hasn't tried the cfp, try it anyway... just ignore my words... i don't see anyone else with the same problem

I had to do a Vista uninstall. For me, however, the mouse/keyboard were blocked even under safe mode. I could not login.  And this has happened after I have uninstalled it.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek