Author Topic: Comodo alpha Uninstallation Cleaner [CLOSED]  (Read 10976 times)

Offline sogno

Comodo alpha Uninstallation Cleaner [CLOSED]
« on: June 09, 2007, 02:40:56 PM »
Some people encountered problems when they try to uninstall/reinstall comodo Firewall Pro Alpha on their computer (windows xp). So I decided to make a little batch to completely remove registry entries and folders of Comodo. (Launch it after uninstallation!).

http://papercuthell.free.fr/Pieteke/ComodoCleaner.zip
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 03:03:32 PM by sogno »

Offline Andreas

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Uninstallation Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 03:52:03 PM »
I had problems with Comodo Uninstallation also. I solved it with the recovery point setting.

Andreas

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit, CIS Premium 5.10.228257.2253 (Antivirus Security Level: stateful, defense+: Safe Mode, Firewall Security Level: Costum Policy Mode, Sandbox Security Level: disabled), Firefox 11.0, Thunderbird 11.0.1

Offline jasper2408

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 04:04:21 PM »
Some people encountered problems when they try to uninstall/reinstall comodo Firewall Pro Alpha on their computer (windows xp). So I decided to make a little batch to completely remove registry entries and folders of Comodo. (Launch it after uninstallation!).

Thanks sogno, will give that a try on my next uninstall.

jasper
CFP 3.0.22.327beta  CMF   Avast Pro  SAS Pro Sandboxie Win XP PRO SP2 (x32)

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 06:57:45 PM »

Thanks for that, but isn't this line **** start /w regedit /s Files\remove.reg *** only going to work if they have a file called REMOVE.REG in a folder called FILES?

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline sogno

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 07:17:40 PM »
Hi,

Yes, it's right... And this folder  is packed with this archive ^^. So I don't understand the trouble :)

Sogno

Offline setiamon

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 10:31:56 PM »
I have the same problem.the cleaner doesn't fix it the only solution is a rollback...

I have vista32

Offline musicmaker441

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 01:25:17 AM »

Thank you for the informaton  I've been trying to uninstall the older version for a month  thank you  and God Bless You!

Offline Philbee

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 12:12:01 PM »
will this batch file also help fully remove the current 2.4 version of CPF?  one of the problems i have encountered is that if i ever need to uninstall and reinstall it, the windows xp security center never reverts to normal...it always shows comodo as present even after it has been uninstalled.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 12:56:23 PM »
will this batch file also help fully remove the current 2.4 version of CPF? 
No, it has no connection to v2.4, on v3...

the windows xp security center never reverts to normal...it always shows comodo as present even after it has been uninstalled.
This is an issue related to the way that WSC works; it is keeping information on the firewall present after uninstall.  This does not mean the firewall wasn't uninstalled successfully; it means that WSC is well, basically useless... ;)

See this thread about rebuilding the WBEM repository - this is where the issue is...

http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,2479.msg19751.html#msg19751

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Philbee

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 01:15:01 PM »
thank you for reminding me about that batch file.  btw...as an addendum, i have tried several other software firewalls, and i always end up back with comodo!  what can i say....it remains the best there is.

Offline vaioman

• Comodo Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 10:11:22 AM »
what link do i need to use? there's two link here very confusing.

i'm using vista 32.

thanks!

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 11:22:11 AM »
If you're using vista 32, then your only firewall option (from Comodo) is v3.0.2.5 Alpha.  Thus, the "uninstallation cleaner" is available from the link in the first post in this topic (by sogno).

The link I gave Philbee is regarding Windows Security Center (WSC) and rebuilding its repository so that it would stop showing CFP v2.4 as being installed, after that version of the FW was uninstalled.

Hope that clears it up.

LM

BTW, I've moved this topic to the new v3 boards.
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline vaioman

• Comodo Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 06:27:54 PM »
If you're using vista 32, then your only firewall option (from Comodo) is v3.0.2.5 Alpha.  Thus, the "uninstallation cleaner" is available from the link in the first post in this topic (by sogno).

The link I gave Philbee is regarding Windows Security Center (WSC) and rebuilding its repository so that it would stop showing CFP v2.4 as being installed, after that version of the FW was uninstalled.

Hope that clears it up.

LM

BTW, I've moved this topic to the new v3 boards.

Thanks!

Btw, after i installed my comodo its not showing in my security center.
I uninstall KIS and use one the link here given by mods to erase KIS at security center...but my problem now is comodo is not showing in my security center.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 08:53:46 PM »
Btw, after i installed my comodo its not showing in my security center.
Right.  CFP v3 Alpha will not show in WSC.  Windows will not recognize any non-production product (ie, an Alpha, Beta, or other testing release).  In fact in some cases, it won't recognize final release products either; it has to be coded into WSC by Microsoft, and until they get around to it, it won't be recognized.  Not a cause for concern.

LM
Forum Policy

Offline vaioman

• Comodo Member
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 06:06:17 PM »
thanks

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek