Author Topic: CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA 32-Bit Bug Reports [CLOSED]  (Read 89917 times)

Offline mgcl2ticl4

• Comodo Member
Re: CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA 32-Bit Bug Reports
« Reply #225 on: October 21, 2007, 10:36:05 PM »
I have installed CPF 3.0.9.229 Beta on Vista Premium 32-Bit and XP 64-bit.  The XP 64-Bit installation works great.  But in Vista, I'm having trouble with Firefox not shutting down properly with CPF in operation, even though the Firefox window appears to close properly.  That is, it still uses memory resources.  This problem is solved when CPF is uninstalled and Zone Alarm is installed and running.  Here is my info:

Computer information
Dell Dual Core AMD 64-Bit running on Vista Premium 32-bit

Operating System information
Vista Premium 32 Bit

Actively-running security and utility applications
BOClean; Avira Antivir, Firefox 2.0.0.8

Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it.
Firefox does not shut down (still hogging memory) even though window closes normally; cannot kill it with task manager

Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.
Uninstalled CPF and replaced with ZoneAlarm free and problem disappears.

Offline spaceman8815

• Astronomy Guide
Firewall Blocks secure login pages
« Reply #226 on: October 22, 2007, 05:44:51 PM »
Hi,

I have had Comodo firewall for about 3 months, and every time i go to a secure page where i need to login to an account including the login on this forum it will not load in the page, so i assume it is blocking it. When i disable the firewall it goes to the pages perfectly. How to i change this so that it will not block these pages when i have the firewall on? i have made sure my browser is in the trusted list.

I'm using the CFP beta version 3.0.9.229
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 08:08:24 PM by spaceman8815 »

Offline xiuhcoatl

• Unaffiliated Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Firewall Blocks secure login pages
« Reply #227 on: October 22, 2007, 06:15:02 PM »
What version of CFP are you running?
have you made any changes to the default configuration
please make sure your "Global Rules" has a
"Allow All Outgoing"
 rule on top before all other rules

Try this go to "Firewall" > "Advanced" > Application Rules find
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe
and select/highlight it and select Edit
Select the prdefined radio button and select the web browsers from the drop down box

Hope this helps
If not post your logs

OD

Hi,

I have had Comodo firewall for about 3 months, and every time i go to a secure page where i need to login to an account including the login on this forum it will not load in the page, so i assume it is blocking it. When i disable the firewall it goes to the pages perfectly. How to i change this so that it will not block these pages when i have the firewall on? i have made sure my browser is in the trusted list.

I'm using the beta version 3.0.9.229
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 06:16:36 PM by Opus Dei »
When things go wrong, and they usually will,and your daily road, seems all uphill, when machines are down,and tempers high, when you try to smile, but can only cry,and you really feel you'd like to quit, don't run to me I don't give a sh*t.
(A semi retired systems analyst's credo)

Offline spaceman8815

• Astronomy Guide
Re: Firewall Blocks secure login pages
« Reply #228 on: October 22, 2007, 08:32:04 PM »
The settings for all my browsers were already set to allow all outgoing and incoming.

Nothing shows up on the event logs
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 08:57:32 PM by spaceman8815 »

Offline Tarun

• Comodo Loves me
  • https://www.lunarsoft.net/
    • Lunarsoft
Re: CFP 3Beta User Profile Hives
« Reply #229 on: October 23, 2007, 12:58:45 AM »
Greetings

I have been reading the post at http://forums.comodo.com/help/critical_bug_cpfexe_and_user_profile_hives-t12545.0.html;msg88374#msg88374

I have done the same tests on my system with v-3.0.9.229 and have come up with the same results as the OP has with v-2.4.

I am sending the results of UPHClean below.

John

I should add that my system is XP Home SP2 , Intel Pentium D  3mhz. 1g ram.
I can confirm this bug.  It is a critical issue.

Offline AnotherOne

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #230 on: October 23, 2007, 01:27:13 PM »
Spaceman8815 - Perhaps your password management software is not on the safe list?  It would become active when the login page opens and the firewall would block it. 
What do you mean, my shoes are on the wrong feet???  These are the only feet I've got!

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Network firewall does not come on (version 3.0.9.229)
« Reply #231 on: October 23, 2007, 02:28:41 PM »
I'm on a Vista 32-bit system, and the firewall part does not work. I get a message "The network firewall is not functioning properly." This is true, because there's no firewall activity. I already tried clean installs and registry cleaners - same result. It tells me to run diagnostics, but then that runs into a critical error.
I'm at the same situation. Vista Business 32bits and Comodo beta 3.0.9.229.
Waiting for the next beta version... Is there any release scheduled?
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline spaceman8815

• Astronomy Guide
« Reply #232 on: October 23, 2007, 04:13:09 PM »
Spaceman8815 - Perhaps your password management software is not on the safe list?  It would become active when the login page opens and the firewall would block it. 

I use firefox for my password management. how to i unblock it, as firefox is already in the trusted applications.

Offline shadowblade

« Reply #233 on: October 25, 2007, 12:00:18 PM »
I keep getting this error message:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4756/comodoerrorgd1.jpg

I go to it and it gives me the XP-style error report sending window. The rest of the screen goes a pale shade of blue (not BSOD blue). After it tells me that "Comodo Agent has stopped responding," Comodo is still running and the summary on the main Comodo window still says everything is working.

Offline xiuhcoatl

• Unaffiliated Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: CFP 3.0.9.229 move logs not functioning
« Reply #234 on: October 25, 2007, 06:21:59 PM »
When you go to
Miscellaneous > Setting > Move it to the specified folder

CFP3.0.9just deletes the log. This true on both my PCs. (:AGY)  At first i thought it might be due to the fact that I am using a User account and might not have rights. so I on my desktop PC I moved the location to C:\documents and settings\all users\shared documents and reduced he maximum file size to 1Mg.  The file grew to nearly 1Mg and then shrunk to 5Kb without copying th old file to C:\documents and settings\all users\shared documents.

so I know it is not a rights issue

just an FYI
I know the next Beta is due any time I'll check that and rereport the problem if it carries over.  But I don't think I've seen this reported yet
OD

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 06:30:17 PM by Opus Dei »
When things go wrong, and they usually will,and your daily road, seems all uphill, when machines are down,and tempers high, when you try to smile, but can only cry,and you really feel you'd like to quit, don't run to me I don't give a sh*t.
(A semi retired systems analyst's credo)

Offline adric

• "Start every day with a smile and get it over with."
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • "I am not young enough to know everything. "
« Reply #235 on: October 26, 2007, 08:15:38 AM »
Windows XP Pro 32-bit + SP2 + Security Fixes

1.Horizontal scrollbars missing in some of the panels such as 'My Pending Files', 'View Process List', etc.(Scroll1 and Scroll2 below). The event windows have this problem too.

2. Some fonts still truncated when running with 120 DPI.like in 'Summary', 'Defense Settings', etc.
(Trunc1 and Trunc2 below)

3. Everything is treated as 'Custom Policy' in 'Computer Security Policy' even though I allowed some applications as trusted.

4. Files moved from 'My Pending Files' to 'My Own Safe Files' disappeared after a reboot. Files do not show up anymore in either pending or safe.

Some will argue that the following are not bugs, but i feel differently about that and will include here.

5.The Beta does not allow for separate windows to be minimized or shown by themselves such as
'Active Connections' or 'View Firewall Events'

6.Changing column widths is not permanent, Moving and sorting columns is not possible. Window
settings are not remembered.  Is the development GUI toolkit really that restrictive?

Al (test with 120 DPI) Adric

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 08:33:59 AM by adric »

Offline Goran

« Reply #236 on: October 26, 2007, 11:30:32 AM »
Intel C2D, MD Asus P5B, 1GB DDR2 transcend 800MHz

WinXP Pro SP2
Spy Bot
AV not installed

The BSOD pops after like 10mins, 3x in a roll. No particular steps are made before this error occurs.

STOP: c000021a {fatal system error}
the windows subsystem system process terminated unexpectedly with status of 0xc0000005 (0x7c9106c3 0x00c7da18)

Goran

soyabeaner

« Reply #237 on: October 26, 2007, 07:14:19 PM »
New CPF 3.0.10.238 BETA is out!  Thread Closed.  Thanks for all the bug reporting. 

New 32-Bit bug reports should be posted here:  http://forums.comodo.com/32_bit_bug_reports/cpf_3010238_beta_32bit_bug_reports-t14004.0.html

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek