Author Topic: CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA 32-Bit Bug Reports [CLOSED]  (Read 92321 times)

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA 32-Bit Bug Reports
« Reply #210 on: October 16, 2007, 03:12:43 PM »
twice had lockups when Comodo Firewall Beta posted a message about "TouchpadEnhancements" program.. i think it was like "SynTPEnh.exe" or something similar....

could be my computer though..its a little buggy....

otherwise the Beta looks great...i dont have much knowledge on this stuff, but i like the program so far....
I had the same you also lose the icon in the tray only happen once, no lockups only if you try to switch user using fast user switching in XP
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.5 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 28 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Offline JJasper

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
CFP 3Beta User Profile Hives
« Reply #211 on: October 16, 2007, 04:41:17 PM »
Greetings

I have been reading the post at http://forums.comodo.com/help/critical_bug_cpfexe_and_user_profile_hives-t12545.0.html;msg88374#msg88374

I have done the same tests on my system with v-3.0.9.229 and have come up with the same results as the OP has with v-2.4.

I am sending the results of UPHClean below.

John

I should add that my system is XP Home SP2 , Intel Pentium D  3mhz. 1g ram.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 04:45:59 PM by JJasper »

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
Re: CFP 3Beta User Profile Hives
« Reply #212 on: October 16, 2007, 04:49:22 PM »
Greetings

I have been reading the post at http://forums.comodo.com/help/critical_bug_cpfexe_and_user_profile_hives-t12545.0.html;msg88374#msg88374

I have done the same tests on my system with v-3.0.9.229 and have come up with the same results as the OP has with v-2.4.
John,

Thanks for that.  I'm merging this with the existing 32-bit bug report thread so the developers have a one-stop-shop to look for user-reported issues. 

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline jfd15

« Reply #213 on: October 16, 2007, 05:38:44 PM »
I had the same you also lose the icon in the tray only happen once, no lockups only if you try to switch user using fast user switching in XP

thanks- ill give that a try...

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2007, 05:57:41 PM »

thanks- ill give that a try...
I don't no if I explain that right what I meant is if you use fast user switching you get lockups (black screen).
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.

Offline jfd15

« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2007, 06:38:31 PM »
I don't no if I explain that right what I meant is if you use fast user switching you get lockups (black screen).

well i wasnt too sure what "fast user switching" is....when the CF beta locks up, my pointer/cursor wont move and the screen stays the same..i can fire up the Task Manager with ctrl/alt/del  and then use
the up/down keys on the keyboard to "log off" the current user, which keeps me from having to completely re-boot...i thought you were referring to something like that(?)

did you install CF beta in Safe Mode?     (i didnt, maybe i should try that next)

Offline BillyJ

« Reply #216 on: October 17, 2007, 12:09:46 AM »
Please test if you can solve this error disabling Defense+
also run CFP diagnostic

I had already installed Comodo with both Windows Defender and Windows Firewall disabled in Services.

As for running a diagnostic, Windows can't be accessed at all after installing Comodo, because of it's "unauthorized change" of its license by Comodo.

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #217 on: October 17, 2007, 03:59:14 AM »
well i wasnt too sure what "fast user switching" is....when the CF beta locks up, my pointer/cursor wont move and the screen stays the same..i can fire up the Task Manager with ctrl/alt/del  and then use
the up/down keys on the keyboard to "log off" the current user, which keeps me from having to completely re-boot...i thought you were referring to something like that(?)

did you install CF beta in Safe Mode?     (i didnt, maybe i should try that next)
Fast user switching (XP Vista) is switching to another user without logging off the user you are on.

What mode have you got Defence + set (Train with safe mode ?)because it can take some time for CPF to learn all applications running.It is possible that CPF is blocking part of the mouse operation as you can still use the keyboard.(Check Defence Logs)

No I did not install in Safe Mode but offline with all applications like Anti-Virus etc shutdown to avoid conflicts only windows system applications running.
I did uninstall the previous beta in safe mode.

Offline _NN_

« Reply #218 on: October 17, 2007, 04:27:34 PM »
CFP 3 with Avast! antivirus doesn't goes well .
When it is on, Avast! scans all the time the CFP log file, and this takes much time of hard disk work.

I do not have this problem with CFP 2.

Offline TheHeartSmasher

« Reply #219 on: October 18, 2007, 01:40:15 AM »
Any update on the High Disk Access

cfp.exe C:\$LogFile (NTFS Volume Log) (Read 0/Write 10,398,530 bytes)
cfp.exe C:\ProgramData\Comodo\FirewallPro\cfplogdb.sdb (Read 32,768/Write 3,481,415 bytes)

I was hoping it was going to be events from the Firewall Log but I only see three within the last 24 hours and there is not much in the regular log files.

Any recommended tweaks for the Defense system :D to lower the disk access without disabling it?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 01:44:51 AM by TheHeartSmasher »

Offline Broodmang

Microsoft Streets & Trips 2005
« Reply #220 on: October 18, 2007, 03:52:19 PM »
CFP doesn't seem to like Streets & Trips 2005.  Vista seems to dislike it a little bit too.

I'm running Vista Bus.

Here's CFP's deal:

Every time a keystroke occurs, CFP's Defense+ asks if I want to allow it.  I can say "yes" and tell CFP to remember my answer, and I can tell CFP to treat S&T as a trusted application.  Either way, the next time I press a key, CFP asks again.

I'll probably be upgrading to a newer version of S&T.  Does anyone have any experience with S&T 2007 and CFP?  Or S&T 2007 and Vista?

Offline azerty728

« Reply #221 on: October 18, 2007, 04:19:02 PM »
I have an error of SQLite disk I/O. I've no space problem on my disk.

Here is the image :

Vista Home Premium French 32bits.

I can't browse my logs (Firewall events).

Edit : After a restart, all is fine... Strange ?

Offline foxman

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #222 on: October 18, 2007, 09:47:02 PM »
System XP Pro w SP2 and all updates
Pentium D with 2GB RAM
AV: Avast Pro 4.7.1043
ASP: Spyware Terminator 2.0.0.194, with HIPS and ClamAV disabled

Been using 3.0.9.229 since release till now without problem (except for some the reported bugs, which still could live with), until now:

When I boot up and logon to my PC, CFPres complained that  "Error 0x0 Failed for C:\...\buttonclose.png", after clicking {ok}, CFP complained that "Error: Error while extracting resources from C:\program files\comodo\..\cfpres.dll, aborting application" and then the interface was not loaded (the usual firewall icon in systray), a check using taskmanager confirmed that it was not loaded. However, it can be loaded from Start menu. I have attached the error messages.

Never mind lah.... Guess just something corrupted. After uninstalling and reinstalling, the above problem is gone.....

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 10:46:52 PM by foxman »

Offline TheHeartSmasher

Comodo Freezes up sometimes when FRAPS is running
« Reply #223 on: October 21, 2007, 12:33:35 PM »
Comodo Freezes up when sometimes while FRAPS is running

Computer information
Dual Core XEON Processor 2.6Ghz
4GB of RAM

Operating System information

-Windows Vista 32bit Business

Actively-running security and utility applications
-COMODO Firewall
-COMODO BOClean
-BitDefender Total Security

Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it.
-When you have CFP open and running as soon as you launch FRAPS CFP freezes, it does not continue to work but User Interaction with CFP is not available and if you try to end CFP you will access will be denied.
-Double Click on FRAPS and CFP freezes
-Closing FRAPS will bring back User Interaction

Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.
-Added FRAPS as Trused Program in Firewall and Defense.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 11:15:37 AM by TheHeartSmasher »

Offline esoess

help with pop ups
« Reply #224 on: October 21, 2007, 08:41:36 PM »
O.k.  what I mean to say is the pop-ups literally freeze the program.  I will for instance click the remember my answer for this application and then click allow and it will freeze and the pop-up will stay until i either turn off comodo and then back on or reboot my computer.  This happens everytime I turn on the program, no matter what application (msn messenger which i did change the rule to allow, outlook express, etc).  I have gone in to change the rules for some applications to allow and that hasn't even helped it still gets frozen.  I cannot even get updates from windows unless I turn off the firewall cause it freezes then denies connection because it is frozen..  I have version 3.0 pro.  I hope this helps you understand better what the problem is.  If you have any questions that may help you figure it out please feel free to ask and I will explain as best I can

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek