Author Topic: CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA 32-Bit Bug Reports [CLOSED]  (Read 90849 times)

Offline zt3000

Re: Cannot See all TABS, Wrong Display
« Reply #195 on: October 13, 2007, 01:21:16 PM »
See my post from today (Oct 13, 2007) as it explains why you see this issue.
The post also explains how to fix it, which is to set your display dpi settings back to 96dpi.

Of course, the fix changes the way your screen looks and may affect it's readability.

Offline zt3000

Re: Could you help me, please? Error (Comodo Firewall beta v3.0.9.229)
« Reply #196 on: October 13, 2007, 01:41:33 PM »
If I got this message, first thing I would do is backup all harddrive data.
This error is indicative of pending hard drive failure or a bad area on the harddrive.

Disks don't have input/output (I/O) errors unless something is amiss.

Potential items are:
Hard drive
Hard drive controller (motherboard)
memory chips

Even if this is the only program you are experiencing problems with, get your data backed up and have someone who knows what they are doing to check out your computer.

I'd help ya, but you're probably not near Detroit.

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Could you help me, please? Error (Comodo Firewall beta v3.0.9.229)
« Reply #197 on: October 13, 2007, 02:21:35 PM »
Could you help me, please?  (Comodo Firewall beta v3.0.9.229)

Please go to link below to solve your problem.
http://forums.comodo.com/32_bit_bug_reports/cfp_309229_beta_32bit_bug_reports-t12182.0.html;msg93899#msg93899
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.5 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 28 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Offline boombaard

• Comodo Family Member
Re: CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA 32-Bit Bug Reports
« Reply #198 on: October 13, 2007, 05:20:34 PM »
Thanks for the imput Dennis2, I'll keep that in mind.

I posted a while back about high CPU usage when running P2P prgograms, and low download rates with eMule, well it is not just P2P programs, I'm seing this with opera opening a lot of pages at the same time.
I was doing some research today for work usign Google and some specifick Law pages here in Argentina and my machine stop responding (I'm talking about a dual core machine with 2GB ram and XP SP2), when I opened the Task Manager cfp.exe was using 100% of both cores and I had eaten 24MB of ram, almost three times as normal, and It is not just the firewall, I believe it's Defense+ aswell that is using a lot of CPU time.
Jus to give you a picture, in a 10 hour session, the firewall used more that 3 hours of cpu time, which is ten times more than previous beta, which was hardly noticeable...

very much the same here.. as soon as more than 35 or so connections are open simultaneously, CPU usage starts spiking (this is without any logging turned on whatsoever).. even when it's my ftp server/dc++ (with a single download/upload going), cpu usage goes to almost 30%
uTorrent DHT feature causes the same elevated cpu usage (even though i doubt there is more than a few kb/minute of traffic going through it)
beta 2 was doing absolutely fine in this regard, although i remember either the (2nd?) alpha or the first beta to also behave in this manner)
Windows7 x64 Professional, updated
AMD64 x2 7750BE (Un-OC)
MSI 790GX (IGP enabled)
4GB Kingston ValueRam

CGPMaster

« Reply #199 on: October 13, 2007, 08:38:56 PM »
I downloaded beta and this pop up'd
CA Anti Virus Log:

0/13/2007 20:35:20 PM File infection: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Comodo\Common\DB\DDB\DLL\327.sld is infected with TPE_encrypted virus. Quarantined

Just posting for Curious Reasons

Offline MFB

Temporary Fix for GUI Problem
« Reply #200 on: October 13, 2007, 10:14:51 PM »
Go to Start, all programs/Comodo/Firewall/Comodo Firewall Pro then right click on your mouse then click on properties. Go to the compatability Tab then under Display settings select 640x480.  Reset your computer after, you should be able to see everything now.  Problem is still with the fonts  being too big.  I have mine set (via window blinds) at 106%. 

Offline veediot

« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2007, 02:50:29 PM »
I am running NOD32, Spyware Doctor 5.1, and SiteAdvisor for security software on Windows Vista. While trying to install the latest beta, Spyware Doctor is listed as incompatible software.

Offline TheHeartSmasher

Constant Disc Access
« Reply #202 on: October 16, 2007, 02:05:04 AM »
How to slow this down, as it is a very large amount of disc access going on.  There was never an answer given in the other thread as it was closed and referred post be posted in these forums.

Offline Janjma

« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2007, 05:55:59 AM »
Using this beta under Win Vista Home Premium.
The shutdown-restart of the computer takes about 2 mins  :o

It's a VISTA problem.
I don't use cfw any more due vista, >:( Vista becomes slow after installing AV, FW, etc.

Offline BillyJ

« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2007, 09:53:08 AM »
Comodo firewall seemed to have installed properly on Vista 32bit Business Edition, but then on reboot rather than windows loading as usual, I received the following message:

Licensing Error

An unauthorized change was made to your license.
To keep your system stable, you must go online
and validate that your software is genuine.

---> Validate Online
---> Close

A second message made reference to software incompatibility. After getting Microsoft on the phone we couldn't get my system to boot normally, not even in safe mode. Not being able to re-validate the license, I had to reload my system from a previous image.

In the installation above I had Symantec Corp Antivirus running. I then re-installed Comodo firewall on an image without an antivirus running, but the result was the same; Licensing Error.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 10:08:22 AM by BillyJ »

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
« Reply #205 on: October 16, 2007, 12:21:18 PM »
A second message made reference to software incompatibility. After getting Microsoft on the phone we couldn't get my system to boot normally, not even in safe mode. Not being able to re-validate the license, I had to reload my system from a previous image.

In the installation above I had Symantec Corp Antivirus running. I then re-installed Comodo firewall on an image without an antivirus running, but the result was the same; Licensing Error.

Please test if you can solve this error disabling Defense+
also run CFP diagnostic
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline jfd15

« Reply #206 on: October 16, 2007, 02:17:36 PM »
twice had lockups when Comodo Firewall Beta posted a message about "TouchpadEnhancements" program.. i think it was like "SynTPEnh.exe" or something similar....

could be my computer though..its a little buggy....

otherwise the Beta looks great...i dont have much knowledge on this stuff, but i like the program so far....

Edit:  happened again, the CF Beta popup says:

SynTPEnh.exe   is attempting to modify the user interface of firefox.exe

(at that point my computer locks up....)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 03:13:11 PM by jfd15 »

Offline Nitr0x

• Comodo Member
« Reply #207 on: October 16, 2007, 02:41:45 PM »
Have anyone tested if Comodo firewall v3 works safely with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0.1.411+ and also with Kaspersky Anti-Virus v7 on Windows XP Professional SP2?
Also if there is any problems with Google Web Accelerator and Comodo firewall v3?
I know there was an issue with Comodo 2.4.18.184 and Google Web Accelerator, regarding the "Monitor DNS Queries" that some sites would load extremely slow with both Google Web Accelerator and Montior Dns Queries enabled.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #208 on: October 16, 2007, 02:45:03 PM »
Have anyone tested if Comodo firewall v3 works safely with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0.1.411+ and also with Kaspersky Anti-Virus v7 on Windows XP Professional SP2?
Also if there is any problems with Google Web Accelerator and Comodo firewall v3?
Your best bet is to read thru the preceding 13 pages to see... ;)  Lacking that, you can always test it to see if there any problems.  Be sure to install security software in SafeMode to help prevent conflicts arising from installation issues.

If there are issues, make sure you can duplicate the problem and then post the details of your find.  And all the time, be sure to have fun!

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Nitr0x

• Comodo Member
« Reply #209 on: October 16, 2007, 03:09:36 PM »
Your best bet is to read thru the preceding 13 pages to see... ;)  Lacking that, you can always test it to see if there any problems.  Be sure to install security software in SafeMode to help prevent conflicts arising from installation issues.

If there are issues, make sure you can duplicate the problem and then post the details of your find.  And all the time, be sure to have fun!

LM

I'm sure I would have fun if i had the time. :)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek