Author Topic: CFP 3.0.1.1 Alpha Setup [Closed]  (Read 57679 times)

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
more power, less RAM :) just as you, the users, wished for :)

Personally, I'm not too worried about the memory usage myself but that is quite impresive. Well done.

:)
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS | Chromium | uBlock Origin | Privacy Badger | HTTPS Everywhere
https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War

Offline Glendaloch

Sounds really impressive.  Can't wait to try it!  Have to wait for the final, though. 

Offline clocks

• Comodo's Hero
Was going to be brave and try this on my Vista machine, but I will try to be patient for the official Vista ALpha.

I like what I am reading about memory usage.  Thank you to those Comodo employees that have been hard at work on this!

Offline JimmyD

• Comodo Loves me
Why Alpha: Because there are still some tweaks that must be done to the graphic, hence we couldn't bring ourselves to call it Beta.

Translation: In order to prevent being crucified again for missing another release date, we'll just release what we have and hope that'll keep them quiet for awhile.
 (:LGH)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 07:56:25 PM by JimmyD »

Offline ~Daniel~

• I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Seems I may have hit a frequent post time slot... any further info on my question?
http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,9588.msg69448.html#msg69448
Comodo: CIS 11.X (latest version)
Backup/Imaging: Macrium Reflect Home v7.X
Win10 Phone: N/A
Personal Website: Comodo SSL (via CloudFlare)

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
what is the RAM usage that you see guys?

thanks
Melih
During a download of a linux distro from an ftp server and a lot of active connections, (total download speed 12-14 mb/s)

cfp.exe = 7.264k
cmdagent.exe = 3.276k

Impressive (:CLP) (:LOV)

Offline mgcl2ticl4

• Comodo Member
Vista is out tomorrow 8th June for x64 vista too.

thanks
Melih

Any rough idea when XP Pro SP2 x64 will be made available?  Thanks.

Offline Quwen

• Comodo's Hero
Okay, I now apologize for what I said earlier. Now that the initial disappointment is done with, I have only one question:

Does anyone have a screenshot of this damn thing yet? That's all I care about right now.

(For the record, Melih, it was my evil twin that posted that complaint. You still like me, right? Right? ;; )

Translation: In order to prevent being crucified again for missing another release date, we'll just release what we have and hope that'll keep them quiet for awhile.
 (:LGH)

xD
So true.
Evil twin!

Offline froggy

• Comodo Member
Yay i cant wait to try it! dld now :)
Comodo firewall is like having a book of magic + 5

Offline Phil K

Such a disappointment. Why wait till the very very very last minute??

7 hours of waiting.

Jetico here I come

Jetico certainly runs fine on Vista, but you pay for it now. (:SAD)
No longer a freeware item.
PCTools is a freeware Vista-compatible I am running at the moment, and it's fine.
A bit disappointed with the Comodo Vista-delays, (:SAD) but hell - it's free, and the lad's trying to get it just right before release. (:WIN)

Offline NagyI

Well, sorry for my bad english first. Just installed the alpha on an XP SP2 in Virtual PC. Till now there's no crash ;D I love this new UI, the actual theme is much more closer to the native system than the V2 one, and there's a Theme dropdown in the Settings part, so looks like addon themes will be supported in the future. Also the new application icon looks cool. I feel the Summary page is a little empty this way and not saying too much, the V2 style is a bit better, but i don't like too much that either (for myself the actual connections will be the best to show up on a firewalls main page). Congratulations for the new application and network rules settings, that's what i waiting for ;) I didn't played to much with Defense+ currently, but that's a huge new thing in this firewall. The new alert window looks great also :) So to be short: i think this firewall worths the waiting, when the beta gets out, i'm replacing V2 on my main machine with it :) Great work guys. And don't be bothered by some childish forum entries.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 05:33:46 AM by nagyi »

Offline NagyI

I did some screenshots, and attached them to this post. (hopefully it's not forbidden)
After taking these screenshots the alpha's memory usage was ~8MB in the Virtual PC. This is great i think :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 04:48:39 AM by nagyi »

Offline Ehgreg

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo Loves me
Wow, not sure I can find the right words to describe it after glancing at all the features... Impressive, jawdropping, but that may be an understatement.  :-)   

Had no idea Comodo was implementing the registry protection. From a quick look I don't think its A "Regdefend" replacement tho. Love me some regdefend.   (:WIN)
Scowlcroft is a Rising Fanboy.(:LGH)

Offline kos2007

yes. it's crashing in VM.
Works fine in my VM (:KWL)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 05:11:35 AM by kos2007 »

Offline ridgey28

• WorldOWeb
I have been using comodo for a while now and i have found it to be excellent so far. I just upgraded to vista, thankfully it was a free upgrade and I cant wait for the vista version to come out. 

Currently i am using pc tools firewall, which is ok but i have read a few bad reviews about it.  I do not trust the windows firewall at all.  I am so thankful that you have taken time to develop this software.  Keep up the good work. 

(B)
Follow me in twitter: [at]ridgey28

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek