Author Topic: CFP 3.0.1.1 Alpha Setup [Closed]  (Read 57233 times)

Offline sogno

Hi,
Anyone tried to install it in VM ? It's crashing all the time ^^

Offline mvdu

• Comodo Family Member
I was hoping that they'd let US tell them about any bugs. We know there's a risk anyway. I'm just frustrated because there are few firewall options for Vista, and Comodo felt confident about this date.

Offline Arkangyal

• "There is nothing impossible to him who will try." - Alexander The Great, ancient Greek King of Macedon, 356 BC-323 BC.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • [ Visit Hungary ] www.hungary.hu
    • My blog
Vista owners: now really..

1. This version is for testing for TESTERS. If you can't have more environment, please, let the TESTERS do the testing.
2. As i see, Comodo will try their best to avoid setups causing headaches like ZA's earlier and Outpost latest full release updates.
3. If you got an environment you can reinstall any time, you can try and see the big picture anyway ^^

Offline Arkangyal

• "There is nothing impossible to him who will try." - Alexander The Great, ancient Greek King of Macedon, 356 BC-323 BC.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • [ Visit Hungary ] www.hungary.hu
    • My blog
If you had read the blurb you'd have seen melih say they wern't happy with the graphics!!

the GRAPHICS!!

I don't care what the thing looks like, because at the end of the day I'm not sitting here watching the UI like its a movie, its the functionality that counts.

Use DOS.

Offline Tunerz

• Comodo Member
  • Runnin' easy
So far so good (good thing I don't use vista). I have a question regarding the firewall, will the HIPS like behavior still be activated even if I turned off the HIPS/Defense+? I don't want to mess with the settings
 (:TNG)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 02:32:07 PM by Noobster »

Offline TheTOM_SK

• Comodo Loves me
Yeah,i think alot of us were waiting for vista support.
True, in fact when I decided to keep Vista, I have also decided, that I will run either the Comodo Firewall or no firewall. So far I am running Vista without the firewall for 6 months now, still waiting for Comodo Firewall to be released for testing and I got used to it so much, that now I think about, if I need any firewall at all?! :D

Offline eokorie

• Grafik Kaos
are we going to get an xp64 bit and vista 64bit support soon as well?  was seriously looking forward to this...

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
are we going to get an xp64 bit and vista 64bit support soon as well?  was seriously looking forward to this...

Yes.

Melih

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
For those concerned that this is an Alpha ONLY because of graphics, and that Vista is related to that, please be aware that on install, this has the strongest warning message of any pre-release software Comodo has given us yet.

It very specifically says that this is for a test environment only, and is known to have bugs, is unstable, and may cause a multitude of problems. 

I grant you that this is expected from an Alpha release, but Comodo doesn't normally go to these lengths; for them to do so now says that it's more than just an issue of graphics.  Further, there are several options that are not available - the buttons or links are there, but cannot be accessed. 

Testers are very much "on their own."  This is a very very different beast than 2.4.  As best I can tell at this point, the old settings cannot be imported using the script from the forums, which means we're starting from scratch.  The setup is very different, and much of what has been learned for 2.4 will have to be relearned.

I know everyone is upset and frustrated.  If you have the strength to do so, please be patient.  If you cannot muster the strength, please feel free to create your own firewall that is the absolute best in the world.  ;)  Seriously, please try to be patient; the firewall will get here, but Comodo wants to make sure they don't release something before it's ready.  They're making quite a jump by releasing an Alpha today.  Rest assured, they are working on this night and day to try to get it out to us all.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline gogo2008

Hi,
Anyone tried to install it in VM ? It's crashing all the time ^^

yes. it's crashing in VM.

Offline gogo2008

Will windows 2000 be supported? When? (L)

Offline FIREWALLTESTER

I hope some improvements have been made to the stateful inspection, logging, and packet filtering controls (tcp flags, MAC addresses, ect.)  I hope this version is not just about graphics and hips. I could care less about the graphics. As for hips my anti-virus/anti-trojan software handles that end just fine.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Will windows 2000 be supported? When? (L)

win2k won't be supported i am afraid. For win2k you can use the v2 firewall.

thanks
Melih

Offline sukarof

• Comodo Family Member
Thanks for the Alpha. Installation went fine (VMware session)
I like all the new goodies, much to explore  (:CLP)

I wont bash it until I tried it, well I wont bash it then either. I will give suggestions and if it doesnt suite me - I´ll keep my current HIPS. Simple as that.

Offline Glendaloch

I couldn't care less about the graphics either!  I'm excited about this new firewall and the potential it has to protect my PC's.  Maybe I can get rid of a few things once I get used to using the HIPS function, that's what I'm thinking.  I'm tempted to try it out right away but I don't think it would be a good idea and considering the warnings that Melih and Little Mac have posted, I think that discretion is the better part of valour.  I'll stick with 2.4.18.184 for awhile yet until the bugs are ironed out.  I'm sure that won't take long. Looks like this is going to be another great Comodo product.  Congrats all.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 04:16:26 PM by Glendaloch »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek