Author Topic: CFP 3.0.1.1 Alpha Setup [Closed]  (Read 57746 times)

Offline 5head1

Re: Comodo Firewall Pro V3 Alpha Setup (XP SP2 and Vista versions :)
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2007, 08:03:42 AM »
I can't get my computer to see the other computers in my network. I am using Vista Home Premium and Comodo Firewall 3. If I set the firewall to "allow all", then I can see the other computers, but the firewall is then compromised. I have entered all of their MAC addresses into the "My Trusted Zones" portion of Comodo. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 08:36:57 AM by 5head1 »

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2007, 08:14:43 AM »
Are there any relevant entries in the logs?

If there aren't or if logging hasn't been enabed, as a test you could try the following;

1. Clear all logs
2. Enable logging on all rules
3. Attempt LAN access to another PC on your LAN that has it's firewall temporarily set to "Allow all".
4. After failing, disable any non-necessary logging
5. Re-enable the firewall on the other PC
6. Check logs for any entries involving ports 137 and 138

Post any relevant info back here.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :-)

As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline 5head1

« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2007, 09:19:50 AM »
Hello, panic.

It looks like system idle process and system are being blocked on ports 137 and 138 in UDP.

Offline ~Daniel~

• I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2007, 11:07:42 AM »
Hi Melih, comodo moderator and others forum's experts,

Any idea of installation of Comodo Firewall Pro V3 in 'Windows server 2003 x64' environment?
(I didn't noticed any post above that mentioned about windows server 2003, cause jetico, outpost, kaspersky firewall, etc...are supported windows server 2003 x64)

Is it using the same apps for 'Windows XP Pro x64' environment' for installing windows 2003? Cause I heard from earlier post that windows 2k is not supported, how about windows server 2003 in 64 bit OS? Many IT coperate host servers in windows 2003 server(64 bit) besides favourite linux distro.

Thanks for any information regarding 'Windows server 2003 x64'... hope it is supported in v3.Any idea are highly appreciated.

(B) (CLY) (V)

best regards,
wzwei28.

I think you are correct...  The same version that would support WinXp x64 would support Win2K3.

Unfortunately I do not have a date to offer you.  I gleemed from another post that discussions with the devs need to be had before any more dates are handed out.

But as a fellow WinXP x64 user, I am looking forward to the news as well.
Comodo: CIS 11.X (latest version)
Backup/Imaging: Macrium Reflect Home v7.X
Win10 Phone: N/A
Personal Website: Comodo SSL (via CloudFlare)

Offline rjace

« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2007, 03:11:40 PM »
only came across this software a week ago, have been test v2 on xp, not really using vista but installed the beta to test it with vista, where the network animation icon go, altho it may seem insignificant i sort like it, the configuration and control provided with v2.4 is great looking forward to the final release of v3, can say i would be using it with vista tho, dont really like it. But i would recommend Comodo Firewall to anyone very good app. :Beer

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2007, 03:40:27 PM »
only came across this software a week ago, have been test v2 on xp, not really using vista but installed the beta to test it with vista, where the network animation icon go, altho it may seem insignificant i sort like it, the configuration and control provided with v2.4 is great looking forward to the final release of v3, can say i would be using it with vista tho, dont really like it. But i would recommend Comodo Firewall to anyone very good app. :Beer

Hi rjace, welcome to the forums. (:WAV)

Probably just a typeo.. but, I must point out that CFP 3 (the Vista version) is an Alpha, not a Beta.
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Andreas

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2007, 03:58:39 PM »
 :BNC :BNC :BNC

I examine firewalls since long time and i couldn´t find a better firewall as the comodo firewall.

:BNC :BNC :BNC

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit, CIS Premium 5.10.228257.2253 (Antivirus Security Level: stateful, defense+: Safe Mode, Firewall Security Level: Costum Policy Mode, Sandbox Security Level: disabled), Firefox 11.0, Thunderbird 11.0.1

Offline shadha

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2007, 05:12:44 PM »
Hi guys
I spoke a little to soon about CPF 3 working like a charm. After turning of my laptop over night, i booted it up this morning and CPF 3 forgot most of the settings i allowed. I had to uninstall it as my wife uses the LT to do her work on and if all the popups come up again I'm going to be in deep deep sh*t.
I will now wait for the full release and keep an eye on these forums to see how things are progressing.
shadha
Regards
Sven

"everyday above ground is a good day"

Offline Luko69

« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2007, 12:31:15 AM »
Hi guys
I spoke a little to soon about CPF 3 working like a charm. After turning of my laptop over night, i booted it up this morning and CPF 3 forgot most of the settings i allowed. I had to uninstall it as my wife uses the LT to do her work on and if all the popups come up again I'm going to be in deep deep sh*t.
I will now wait for the full release and keep an eye on these forums to see how things are progressing.
shadha
Yes,I have the same problem,firewall not remember my answers. I must uninstall it. >:(

Offline 5head1

« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2007, 08:08:50 AM »
I uninstalled it too. It would not remember the answers. The Defense+ was overkill like Vista User Account control is, and I could not see the other computers on my network. I like the gui, though.

Offline amyraut

« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2007, 08:58:13 AM »
For those of you who arent sure whether to risk installing, my installatation (on Vista 32bit) has been completely problem free. (I had more problems getting rid of Zonealarm beta!) I could hardly guess this is a alpha release, if not a beta!

Strange, because my Comodo is saving settings after restarts....

BTW, i like the new GUI

cheers,
Dafox

Offline ForceField

• Comodo Member
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2007, 02:27:01 AM »
It also worked very well on my Vista 32.I had absolutely no problem installing this alpha version and as for defense+ you can simply disable it.

I also think that this version is hardly an alpha:it's working too well.

VaMPiRiC_CRoW

« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2007, 08:57:50 AM »
I test it on the first day and liked a lot of things on it...  (L)

The Comodo Team are doing a wonderful job.  (R)

Unfortunately now I don't have time to test this alpha version, so I will wait for more available time and a more stable version...

Keeps the excellent job to protect us...  (:WIN)

Offline combsrm

« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2007, 01:54:07 PM »
Installation of ALPHA fails with error:  "DeCompressFile NOT IMPLEMENTED IN AMD64 Folder ToFile.cpp Line 18"

My system:

AMD64 X2 4600
2 gigs DDR2800
Windows Vista Home Premium x64

Anyone else get this upon installation?

***UPDATE*** 6/19/2007:

It installed after the error...but some functions do not work as I expected.  Logging does not work at all...is this normal ALPHA behavior?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 12:40:27 PM by combsrm »

Offline ww2vet55

« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2007, 04:50:34 PM »
As much as I like the 2.4 version on my XP machine, I'll wait a while. My "Vista" machine is new and I'm in no mood to re-format it now. But for those looking for the "Vista" version, it's here, both in 32 and 64 bit. (:KWL)  :THNK

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek