Author Topic: CFP 3.0.1.1 Alpha Bug Reports (XP) [Closed]  (Read 70582 times)

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
Re: CFP 3 (1.0.0.0 Alpha). Please post Feedback/Bug Reports here (XP Only).
« Reply #420 on: June 26, 2007, 01:37:29 PM »
LM, are you sure that those IPs are not backwards.. quite a few, including myself, have reported that CFP3A1s external Log Viewer displays the IPs backwards. Otherwise I, as many others I assume, also have loads of blocks logged against System Idle. But, the IPs are all genuine, although backwards, & are being used by other apps.
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #421 on: June 26, 2007, 01:45:24 PM »
I thought of that, as I have not yet experienced backwards IPs.  But they were apparently forwards, just inapplicable.  I was going to export a portion here, but alas!  They are now gone...

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #422 on: June 27, 2007, 09:36:56 AM »
Here's an odd one (or a new one, anyway).  Rules had been lost again this morning, so I shut down the FW (Exit, from systray icon) to import the saved registry settings.  Started FW back up from desktop icon.  GUI opened, and I closed it.  No systray icon ever appeared.

In the attached screenshot of Process Explorer, CFP.exe and cmdagent.exe are both shown active, and the systray is fully expanded, but there's no CFP icon...

Firewall Service is running.  The Network Engine and Pro Helper Drivers are functioning normally.  There's just no icon... 

And I got a popup from Defense+, so there's "physical" evidence of its status as well.

I have taken these steps before, for the same reason (to re-import the rules) and I have not had this scenario occur.

LM

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:42:30 AM by Little Mac »
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline xiuhcoatl

• Unaffiliated Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #423 on: June 27, 2007, 01:18:52 PM »
Don't know if this is Comodp Alpha related or not but I went to enter info into the google search bar to make a search and BSOD.   (:SAD)  :THNK

This Minidump and Sysinfo are from my laptop. has also happened once on my desktop when I did the same thing.  The laptop hase been running Alpha since about a week after the release and the desktop for about 2 weeks, both PCs Have the XP Pro Spanish edition.
Neither PC has BSODed before this.

Laptop info - Version 5.1(Build 2600_xpsp_qfe.070227-2300 : Service pack 2)
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11IC
Attached is the minidump and sysinfo

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 01:44:30 PM by Opus Dei »
When things go wrong, and they usually will,and your daily road, seems all uphill, when machines are down,and tempers high, when you try to smile, but can only cry,and you really feel you'd like to quit, don't run to me I don't give a sh*t.
(A semi retired systems analyst's credo)

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #424 on: June 27, 2007, 02:21:46 PM »
LM

I don't think I've seen that before. Could it be because CFPs systray icon was hidden (">" button) due to inactivity?
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #425 on: June 27, 2007, 03:44:02 PM »
LM

I don't think I've seen that before. Could it be because CFPs systray icon was hidden (">" button) due to inactivity?
Nope.  I caught the screenie fully expanded.  ">"  With hidden icons it goes this way "<". 

In fact, it's still not there (I haven't rebooted or logged off or anything; I wanted to see if it'd show back up)...

The Case of the Missing Icon by Franklin W. Dixon - the next Hardy Boys masterpiece, LOL

LM
Forum Policy

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #426 on: June 27, 2007, 09:32:45 PM »
LM: ah.. OK, I see. Silly me. :D

I've just replaced a-Squared Free 2.5 Beta with a-Squared Free 3.0. Since it was defined as a trusted application in CFP, CFP did not raise an alert when I started the new version. Assuming this is intentional & correct, that's another Wish List item to tick off I think.
Forum Policy.
____

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #427 on: June 28, 2007, 08:37:19 PM »
Hello,

As there is now a new Alpha I will be closing this thread, thank you everyone for your feedback :).

Justin

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek