Author Topic: CFP 3.0.1.1 Alpha Bug Reports (XP) [Closed]  (Read 69893 times)

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
Re: CFP 3 (1.0.0.0 Alpha). Please post Feedback/Bug Reports here (XP Only).
« Reply #405 on: June 16, 2007, 08:04:49 PM »
Also does anyone know if future versions of CPF will work with themes/visual styles? Currently its titlebar and stuff sticks out since its different.
Yes CFP will be skinable, called Themes in CFP. Check Miscellaneous - Settings - Themes tab. But, it is currently disabled in the Alpha release.
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Beanie

• Comodo's Hero
  • I am a saxophonist.
« Reply #406 on: June 17, 2007, 12:53:55 PM »
Yes CFP will be skinable, called Themes in CFP. Check Miscellaneous - Settings - Themes tab. But, it is currently disabled in the Alpha release.
I dont mean that. Will Comodo PF support being skinned from XP Visual Styles or WindowBlinds? Or will it only use its own themes?

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #407 on: June 17, 2007, 01:14:40 PM »
I dont mean that. Will Comodo PF support being skinned from XP Visual Styles or WindowBlinds? Or will it only use its own themes?
Sorry, no idea. It has not been announced in sufficient enough detail to know.
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline presario

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo Member
« Reply #408 on: June 18, 2007, 03:52:18 PM »
Awesome firewall, may have caused BSOD.
From other post:

BSOD, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
STOP 0x00000050 (0xE4DB7000, 0x00000000, 0x804D92C2, 0x00000001)

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, SP 2
Compaq Presario R3055CA
ATi Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP
Intel Pentium 4
384 MB system 128 MB Video (512 total)
Broadcom Wireles b/g Ethernet Card
Comodo Firewall Pro 3 1.0.0.0 Alpha
NOD32 2.7

I don't think it was because of the firewall, but it wouldn't hurt to add it.
Note, other file formats can be provided, contact ahodacsek [ at ] googlemail.com

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:06:17 AM by presario »
Men do many bad things, husbands just find out sooner.

Offline DodoSmiff

« Reply #409 on: June 19, 2007, 07:00:15 AM »
I have experienced 3 BSOD's since I installed CFP alpha. Never had a problem before. The only diagnostic I have performed is a memory test and it showed no problem. I am beginning to suspicion CFP. Is there any way to help determine if there is a connection?

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #410 on: June 19, 2007, 01:38:05 PM »
I am beginning to suspicion CFP. Is there any way to help determine if there is a connection?
Sure... upload your minidump file created by the BSOD.  Provided your system is installed on C:\ drive, the minidump should be located in c:\windows\minidump (which is a folder).

Once you find the dump file, compress it to .zip or .rar, and attach to your post.  While creating or editing your post, you will see "Additional Options" in bold red text, below the active text-box of the post.  Click that and you'll have a field to browse to attach the file.

That way the Development Team will have access to the info to analyze it and see where the problem is.

Tnx for helping out.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #411 on: June 20, 2007, 05:23:15 PM »
I have noticed that there are a number of rules created (especially in Defense +) which I specifically did not "authorize" to be created.  I would think it's because of the safelist and Learn Safe Only mode, except that I had alerts for those applications.  I did not select "Remember" and yet rules were created.

I've seen this also with the FW side of it, though to a lesser extent.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline boombaard

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #412 on: June 21, 2007, 02:17:35 AM »
I have experienced 3 BSOD's since I installed CFP alpha. Never had a problem before. The only diagnostic I have performed is a memory test and it showed no problem. I am beginning to suspicion CFP. Is there any way to help determine if there is a connection?

same here.. suddenly 2 BSoDs within 24 hrs where otherwise i have no trouble with my pc for whole months on end. minidumps attached

« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 02:55:48 AM by boombaard »
Windows7 x64 Professional, updated
AMD64 x2 7750BE (Un-OC)
MSI 790GX (IGP enabled)
4GB Kingston ValueRam

Offline Nikos

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #413 on: June 21, 2007, 02:19:00 AM »
give us the beta pleeeeeese!

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #414 on: June 21, 2007, 10:23:20 AM »
Perhaps a bug, perhaps just feedback... but where's the monitoring of invisible connections?  A Firefox add-on updated today, and when it reconnected (I'm used to seeing an "invisible connections" alert for this), there was no prompt; it just connected.  I got to looking then, and couldn't find any setting in the FW or D+, to address such a thing.  I Never noticed that before...

LM
Forum Policy

Offline Exodus

« Reply #415 on: June 22, 2007, 02:23:02 AM »
Cool, im not alone with the BSOD. I have had it about 4 times that i know off. But probably only occured in the last week. Which i find weird cos i have had the alpha installed sense release and haven't noticed the problem.

My Event Viewer Outpout:
Error code 10000050, parameter1 e3fd5000, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 804d92c2, parameter4 00000001.

And my dump file is attached

Good luck.

Offline xiuhcoatl

• Unaffiliated Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #416 on: June 23, 2007, 09:56:59 AM »
One thing I really miss is the feature from 2.4 in the event log that tells you which rule is being triggered(Permiting/Blocking Traffic) when logging is enabled for that rule.  It was a Great troubleshooting feature.  (:NRD) I don't see a place for it right now in the logs.   Perhaps it will be included when they enable "Diagnostics" or when the get the bugs out of the logs.

Thanks
OD
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 10:57:50 PM by Opus Dei »
When things go wrong, and they usually will,and your daily road, seems all uphill, when machines are down,and tempers high, when you try to smile, but can only cry,and you really feel you'd like to quit, don't run to me I don't give a sh*t.
(A semi retired systems analyst's credo)

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #417 on: June 23, 2007, 10:11:21 AM »
Good pick up OD!

This really needs to be included in the release version.

Also, just noticed a misspelling in the logs. "Drect disk access" - should read "Direct disk access".

Cheers,
Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline xiuhcoatl

• Unaffiliated Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Event log problems
« Reply #418 on: June 25, 2007, 11:41:06 PM »
I can´t believe I could not find this #1) in a search maybe I just missed it.
I think I've seen #2) & 3) reported but I thought I'd mention it again scince I was posting about event logging.  #4) I just noticed and don't think I´ve seen a post
All these problems happpen on 2 PCs with CFP Alpha 1.0.0.0 for XP loaded
My event log is set to log everthing (100%) in global rules.  I always run a fire wall with this seting for at least 1 week  usualy clearing the log at least daily during the test setup. then on each computer for at least 1 day as I roll out Yes this is a bit of apain but I often catch problems before the client sees them

1) IF I open "View Firewall Events" Page( it will stop writing to the database completely.
   C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Datos de programa\Comodo\Firewall Pro\cfplogdb.mdb
     At first I thought it was just a bug with "Event Viewer" because it would not refresh
    and if I closed it would open up blank and I could not get "Event Viewer to show data
    without stopping CFP Alpha and restarting it. I don´t have to reboot the PC, just stop
    and start CFP Alpha and the data base will start loging again

2)  The "COMODO Firewall Pro : Log Viewer"("More" button in the "Event Viewer") does not
      show correct port info.  The report shows the port as they are coded in the registry

3)  The "COMODO Firewall Pro : Log Viewer"("More" button in the "Event Viewer") does not
     show  the time of events even though it is recorded in the DB
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Datos de programa\Comodo\Firewall Pro\cfplogdb.mdb

4)  When tryin to filter Defense + Logs By Action Modify Key and i comes up blank eventhogh the are several in the log.  I am not incorrectly entering the Data as it is in drop down box
 othep roblems with filter s but I don't have time to post them now

Thanks OD (:TNG)
PS
Yes, I'm running this on a Spanish version of XP Pro.  I had not thought of this before but this could be the problem but I don't think so or it would not be reading the DB at all.
I never have figured out why Windows translates some folders but not others.  I think most of the Windows registry is translated but that has not seemed to much of a problem for the programs other parts of non Spanish programs will be in English.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 12:10:16 AM by Opus Dei »
When things go wrong, and they usually will,and your daily road, seems all uphill, when machines are down,and tempers high, when you try to smile, but can only cry,and you really feel you'd like to quit, don't run to me I don't give a sh*t.
(A semi retired systems analyst's credo)

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #419 on: June 26, 2007, 11:49:55 AM »
I noticed today that the Firewall Logs are filled with blocked "System Idle Process" entries to completely bogus IP addys.  All in the 192.x.x.x range, which is not applicable to the network here.  We've got 10.x.x.x...

Also there was one single address to a 2.x.x.x IP.  ???

LM
Forum Policy

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek