Author Topic: CFP 3.0.1.1 Alpha Bug Reports (XP) [Closed]  (Read 69604 times)

Offline mart44

• Comodo Family Member
    • L&M's Photo - Graphics & Crafts Website
It seems there's a good bit wrong so far. I wonder if the release date was so expected and debated that the developers felt they just had to get something out today. Perhaps they would have preferred to wait a couple of weeks ideally. Maybe release dates shouldn't be given at all. Just keep saying it'll be ready when it's ready.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
Ev'rytime when I try to acces the internet (ie7) true the startmenu then the Comodo Defense & Alert is poping up with the message "CursorXP.exe is trying to acces ctfmon.exe in memory" what would you like to do, before I can give say allow and remember the answer, the cursor is locking up so I can anly use my keyboard in a very limited way, an restart from the system is nessacerry then, is this situation known by other users and yes what is the solution.
Browny, try this for a solution.  As soon as you get into Windows, open CFP, go to Defense +, Advanced settings. 

find the entry for CursorXP and open to Edit.
Go to Access Rights (red underlined text)
Find Interprocess Memory Access, and change from "ask" to "allow"
Then Apply on every window to set the change.

Then see what happens.

If that doesn't work you may have to modify the Protection Settings of ctfmon to Allow interprocess memory modification.  Seems to me it would be better perhaps to go the other way first.

LM
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 05:47:28 PM by Little Mac »
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
OMG! Check CFP 3's memory size guys. Amazing.. mine's just over 10MB for both processes.
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
OMG! Check CFP 3's memory size guys. Amazing.. mine's just over 10MB for both processes.

hmm.. that must be during peak.. wait and see how it drops (well it should :) )...

Melih

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
hmm.. that must be during peak.. wait and see how it drops (well it should :) )...

Melih

Peak!?! Well.. yea, of course.. I've been playing with the GUI a fair bit.. peak.. way too 8) for words.

edit
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 06:18:51 PM by kail »
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline jasper2408

• Comodo's Hero
Yes, I get this too.

Defense+'s event logs? I can only see the Log via the More button.. But, I do have Defense+ Logs.. yes. The More-Logs screen has both in a tree structure. It might not be immediately apparent.

I just had a crash and had to go thru and clean out the registry to be able to reinstall CFP-Alpha. I have attached a .zipped ".dmp" file(no password) if someone wants to see it. The error number on the blue screen was all 0's (0x000....). The crash happened when I was starting programs from my desktop. Message said" crashrep.exe trying to access cfp.exe".

The firewall closed on it's own then I had to hard boot it and go into safe mode to get rid of the program in Add/Remove Programs. I then restarted and was able to boot into Windows and clean the registry after it wouldn't install. Said I had used an old installer. It reinstalled ok and is working without problems again, so far so good.

On this install I have entries in the first log window this time, but all other things I found previously are the same. I also now have entries in the D+ logs.

hope this helps,

jasper

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 06:17:37 PM by jasper2408 »
CFP 3.0.22.327beta  CMF   Avast Pro  SAS Pro Sandboxie Win XP PRO SP2 (x32)

Offline xiuhcoatl

• Unaffiliated Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
So far I have not been able to create any problems Checked all my programs and they open just fine a lot of pop-ups but in an Alpha version and for a training period for the firewall and also myself That's not a problem

Quite impressive
  Only thing to mention so far is when I get the pop-up.
(File XXX) is trying to access a protected file or directory. What would like to do?
I would like to know exacly what File or folder is being accessed.  Maybe something like this will confuse new users but for me I would like to know exactly what is being writen where.

My def of protected file is
All SYS, DLL, EXE, and OCX files that ship on the Windows CD are protected. True Type fonts--Micross.ttf, Tahoma.ttf, and Tahomabd.ttf, ........are also protected.
Not exactly sure about protected Directory but my guess would be \Windows\System32 if any one kows other protected Directories i would not mind knowing

CFP (V3) Alpha 1.0.0.0 looks good to me if i can break it I will

Opus Dei
When things go wrong, and they usually will,and your daily road, seems all uphill, when machines are down,and tempers high, when you try to smile, but can only cry,and you really feel you'd like to quit, don't run to me I don't give a sh*t.
(A semi retired systems analyst's credo)

Offline xiuhcoatl

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Impressive mines running 9096KB  we'll se how it does after I get it loaded down with rules

So far the only change I've made to the program defaults is to turn the aleart freq. to high.

I put a password on CPF for a few minutes, but every time I wanted to look at something, including logs, it wanted a password.

I would suggest putting all the configuration settings in a different page and require a password for this. ( maybe if it was possible to get to the logs it would be possible to use this to break in, in this case maybe only require a pasword to open the interface like Symantec Corp AV.

Opus Dei
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 07:28:53 PM by Opus Dei »
When things go wrong, and they usually will,and your daily road, seems all uphill, when machines are down,and tempers high, when you try to smile, but can only cry,and you really feel you'd like to quit, don't run to me I don't give a sh*t.

Offline KurentEweser

I have a small display bug. All the large green fonts in the menus are chopped off half way.  Only the top half shows. This is with a GeForce Go 7950 GTX display adapter.

Offline WilliamP

• Comodo Family Member
I am going to love it when everything gets straightened out. First of all I set up a FirstDefense Test snapshot to check out Ver.3 Alpha. I tried to remove the old Ver. I went to add remove programs and removed. For some reason it caused a problem with Comodo BoClean. When I would try to reboot I would get a pop up saying BOC423.exe didn't want to shut down. While running the Alpha I would open programs and ok them. When I tried to re-open one of them the system re-booted. So I booted to my Base snapshot and updated my TEST snapshot to bring it back to pre Alpha. I may try again using COMODO uninstall.

Offline xiuhcoatl

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
So far the only problems I have found I when you select the "Firewall" button at the TOP and then select the "Common Tasks" button on the side then go to "View Firewall Events" in field in the center the Firewall Events screen is blank you need to click more to see what is being logged.

Not sure this is a bug but the only way to see Defense + Logs is to select the "Firewall" button at the TOP and then select the "Common Tasks" button on the side then go to "View Firewall Events" in field in the center the Firewall Events screen is blank you need to click more  then click Defense + to see what is being logged.  So far I have nothing

There are a few problems with the log file
1) The source IP is being written backwards Ex. 192.168.10.100 is being written 100.10.168.192
2) The destination IP is being written backwards Ex. 192.168.10.100 is being written 100.10.168.192
3) The time is not being reported
(I think these first 3 need to be fixed IMHO the next 2 may not be bugs)
4) Not sure if the application is being reported correctly.  It could be because these are all incoming broadcasts  
5) Nothing is being reported by defense +.  This could be because there is nothing to report yet.  

Here is a sample from the log file
Date/Time : 07-June-2007
Application : System Idle Process
Action : Blocked
Source IP : 31.10.168.192
Source Port : 35328
Destination IP : 255.10.168.192
Destination Port : 35328
Source IP : 10.10.168.192
Source Port : 35072
Destination Port : 35072
Source IP : 12.10.168.192
Source IP : 10.168.168.192

Thanks Opus Dei
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 07:35:32 PM by Opus Dei »

Offline zoszos

• Comodo Loves me
  • Taxi anyone!
One minor problem here XP PRO SP2 the security centre does not reconise the Alpha anyone else have same problem / idea
Zos
Windows 10 Pro
CIS
Asus P8 77-M
Intel i7 3770[at]3.4 GHz
G.Skill 2x4GB DDR3 12800 (800 MHz)
Gigabyte ATI HD 7700 Series Graphics
Corsair 120 GB  Sata 3 SSD
Seagate 500GB Sata 2 HDD
Power Supply Antec HGC-900 900W
Cooler Master Case

Offline weaker

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
Disable the security center warnings ;-)

Offline g3b

• Comodo Member
XP home did not recognize the firewall as well.  Did a restore point before the first install & restored to original state & took another run at the fw.  Is there a system scan function ala 2.4 to learn apps or do you have to go through the popup warning process for each one...Is there a rookie install manual for the new one so far?  Will keep slugging away.  g3b

Offline WilliamP

• Comodo Family Member
I gave Alpha another try on my test snapshot and it doesn't like Comodo BOClean.  I can RT. click on the task bar BOClean icon and nothing happens. When I try re-boot I get the pop up BOC423 doesn't want to shut down.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek