Author Topic: CFP 3.0.1.1 Alpha Bug Reports (Vista) [Closed]  (Read 18645 times)

Offline czantra

Vista Business 32

Defense+:
I also had my 'Treat application as' choices greyed out which turned out to be due to the as-shipped Predefined Security Policies disappearing. I was able to recreate them (by Adding some new ones) but then had to reassign them to the programs again as they had all reverted to very restricted 'Custom' policies. (I had a crash which took down CFPro and then various bits of Windows and needed my logging out and back in to carry on working.

View Defense+ Events seems to bring up a window containing Firewall events instead and clicking 'More...' definitely brings up the 'Firewall Logs' in CFPLogViewer which have to finish displaying before I can choose the Defense+ Logs.

I also seem unable to talk to my local Samba servers now though I was able to create a Network Zone (but that got forgotten too at some point).

Many of the features look like they will be useful.

Offline Destain

For those of us who have the issue with Vista not waking from sleep/hibernation, this is in fact due to a windows issue not CFP v3. there is a MS hotfix that will correct this. Not sure why I did not see this until after installing V3... but the hotfix seems to have fixed the issue. This does not apply to just ati graphics. just fyi. MS Article ID: 928135
got from - http://thehotfixshare.net/

D

Offline zoszos

• Comodo Loves me
  • Taxi anyone!
I've just noticed if uac goes to the protected mode (in my case Power Strip) when a programme etc. needs to and a Comodo window appears needing to be answered then Vista stays in protected mode waiting for the window to be answered.

I found a work aroung by chance as I tried to bring up task manager and bingo I could then get back to the Comodo windows to answer them.

If my guess is right the windows can't appear in protected mode. Next time I will note what the first window asks. I think it was allowing uac. (yes should have read it better).
Windows 10 Pro
CIS
Asus P8 77-M
Intel i7 3770[at]3.4 GHz
G.Skill 2x4GB DDR3 12800 (800 MHz)
Gigabyte ATI HD 7700 Series Graphics
Corsair 120 GB  Sata 3 SSD
Seagate 500GB Sata 2 HDD
Power Supply Antec HGC-900 900W
Cooler Master Case

Offline ciaba

DEFENCE+>Avanced>Computer Security Policy

If U drag and drop an event and move(without relese it), up and down on window the bug window report is showed but is impossible use it and a part of system freeze(task manager too). So need to restart system...that'all.

A question: why in DEFENCE+>Common Tasks there are double windows for same event, one not editable and one editable:

My Protected Files<->My file Groups
My Protected Registry<->My Registry Groups

...etc etc...?

Anyway guys...u have made a monster application, a real real real real step on  (R)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 01:18:07 AM by ciaba »

Offline dansx6

I had a quick question...I hope I am asking it in the right forum.  I installed CFP alpha on my machine running Vista Ultimate x64.  It looks like it is running properly and I get the pop-ups for specific applications, etc.  When I look in Process Explorer I see the cfp.exe but no cmdagent.exe...should that be present?  If so, should I uninstall and reinstall?  Thanks

Gharkh

Vista Business 32

Defense+:
I also had my 'Treat application as' choices greyed out which turned out to be due to the as-shipped Predefined Security Policies disappearing. I was able to recreate them (by Adding some new ones) but then had to reassign them to the programs again as they had all reverted to very restricted 'Custom' policies. (I had a crash which took down CFPro and then various bits of Windows and needed my logging out and back in to carry on working.

View Defense+ Events seems to bring up a window containing Firewall events instead and clicking 'More...' definitely brings up the 'Firewall Logs' in CFPLogViewer which have to finish displaying before I can choose the Defense+ Logs.

For the grayed "treat this app as" choice, I uninstalled straight away when it happened to me. I should have checked if the policies were still present instead. God that was obvious (lol).

For the the event panel of Def+ showing Firewall events, I've had that too, see my posts here:
http://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/cfp_3_1000_alpha_please_post_feedbackbug_reports_here_xp_only-t9609.0.html;msg69730#msg69730
http://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/what_are_defense_events_cpf_30-t9673.0.html;msg70198#msg70198
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 04:51:10 AM by Gharkh »

Offline eokorie

• Grafik Kaos
I had a quick question...I hope I am asking it in the right forum.  I installed CFP alpha on my machine running Vista Ultimate x64.  It looks like it is running properly and I get the pop-ups for specific applications, etc.  When I look in Process Explorer I see the cfp.exe but no cmdagent.exe...should that be present?  If so, should I uninstall and reinstall?  Thanks

I am actually also running Vista Ultimate x64 but in a VM and CFP 3 seems to be running pretty well.

Offline Arkangyal

• "There is nothing impossible to him who will try." - Alexander The Great, ancient Greek King of Macedon, 356 BC-323 BC.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • [ Visit Hungary ] www.hungary.hu
    • My blog
For those of us who have the issue with Vista not waking from sleep/hibernation, this is in fact due to a windows issue not CFP v3. there is a MS hotfix that will correct this. Not sure why I did not see this until after installing V3... but the hotfix seems to have fixed the issue. This does not apply to just ati graphics. just fyi. MS Article ID: 928135
got from - http://thehotfixshare.net/

D

Quite interessting, i only had problems under XP but Vista 64 ultimate got no such problem here.

MSI Mega Book.

At installing, we mentioned some small issues, shall we repost it? (already posted at xp)

Is it good to call it "image" execution? Kind of misleading, why not simply "executable" instead of "image execution"?

"Important folders" got important files, too. (my file groups)

Export functions aren't working, yet.

Define a new blocked application: how about "browse" instead of "disk"?

I've added "www.index.hu" as a denied host: i can't even access my router anymore. If i delete the rule everything works fine, bug.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 09:52:43 AM by Arkangyal »

Offline dansx6

Sorry to repeat but should cmdagent.exe show up as a running process?  It isn't for me using Vista Ultimate x64.

Gharkh

Sorry to repeat but should cmdagent.exe show up as a running process?  It isn't for me using Vista Ultimate x64.

I think it should show up I do not run Vista 64, so I cannot really confirm that but I can see no reason why it should not show up. Did you enable the task manager view for all users (check box at the bottom of the task manager in Vista, only there if UAC is activated)? If not I'm not surprised you cannot see the cmdagent process.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 02:04:59 PM by Gharkh »

Offline dansx6

I think it should show up I do not run Vista 64, so I cannot really confirm that but I can see no reason why it should not show up. Did you enable the task manager view for all users (check box at the bottom of the task manager in Vista, only there if UAC is activated)? If not I'm not surprised you cannot see the cmdagent process.

Thanks Gharkh, I should have caught that.

Gharkh

Thanks Gharkh, I should have caught that.

np

Offline karmic50

Once I installed comodo unto vista x64.  I could no longer see my xp that was networked.  I have set my network zone homebase from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255

I have ran netork on both computers.  Xp is using your stable firewall.

Any Ideas?

Offline Arkangyal

• "There is nothing impossible to him who will try." - Alexander The Great, ancient Greek King of Macedon, 356 BC-323 BC.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • [ Visit Hungary ] www.hungary.hu
    • My blog
ALREADY POSTED AT XP REPORTS! I've also posted here, as it seems both systems affected.
Possible? I think the latest Microsoft patch - or the reboot? - caused CPF to forget rules. I've attached a screenshot (i got this problem both on an 32bit XP SP2 PC and on a 64bit Vista).

Last updates on Vista:
(KB929123) - windows mail/msoe
(KB931213) - vista only
(KB933566) - ie (vulnerabilities by setting the kill bit for COM objects )
(KB905866) - winmail def updates
(KB936825) - vista (more suppot for SD cards)

two days earlier:
KB929735 - vista (calendar fix)

Offline tostis

Once I installed comodo unto vista x64.  I could no longer see my xp that was networked.  I have set my network zone homebase from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255

I have ran netork on both computers.  Xp is using your stable firewall.

Any Ideas?

my solution here http://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/network-t9768.0.html;msg71170#msg71170

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek