Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security 8.2.0.4792 (Windows 10 Version1511 Hotfix) is released!  (Read 38940 times)

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
Hello Everyone ! :)

Here we are happy to announce that the COMODO Internet Security/Antivirus/Firewall 8.2.0.4792 Hotfix for Windows10 1511 Support is released ! Main focus of the release is the Windows10 1511 Support improvements .

Thank you very much to you all for the precious feedbacks!

PS: We’re very close to release our CIS 9 Beta Public version ; please follow up closely, december is coming!   :-TU ;)

Updates are available !

Existing CIS 6.x, CIS 7x and CIS 8.x users will receive an automatic update offer CIS 8.2 Windows 10  1511 Hotfix Release update .

What's new in 8.2.0.4792?

Improved:

Windows 10 Support:

•   Support improvements for Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1511.

Download Location

Comodo Internet Security
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4020/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe
Size: 211M ( 220699928 )
MD5: c201ecd5932036ec3dd8d975250c6f86
SHA1: d6a5cd5da52f9be5883e58070b0bece5a1157d40

Comodo Antivirus
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4020/standalone/cav_installer.exe
MD5: 8157ccc2f747124280fd036341f04e20
SHA1: b59f8a871de45db7ee5f70c5d2791a7812bee771

Comodo Firewall
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4020/standalone/cmd_fw_installer.exe
MD5: a312907d7ae6403fe87d95f05fffe47d
SHA1: acf665c21a0c29e28b428365710c2c15965786a1
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:00:11 PM by Sergey Kazakov »

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Interesting, I didn't have any issues with 8.2.0.4703 after updating to Windows 10 1511, though I did uninstall CIS before updating windows then installed after the 1511 update.

Offline Wisdom

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Default-Deny Protection
    • CFI
Thanks for the update. :-TU
Heuristics: detecting tomorrow’s threats today

Offline maxdelong

• Comodo Family Member
  • Best day of my life!
I liked it!
That's fixed now.

The CIS was in conflict with Windows.

TKS.
Living and learning! No pain no Gain! Fight until the end of my forces!

Offline costi1977

• Comodo Family Member
we are waiting for the beta  :)  :-TU.

Offline Sergey Kazakov

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Member
The CIS was in conflict with Windows.

Did you faced any compatibility issue with new Windows 10 10586 and previous CIS 8.2..0.4703? Could you supply us with the bug report in such case, please?
--
Sincerely,
Sergey Kazakov
Program Manager Comodo Internet Security

Offline yigido

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Rocks!
    • Free Comodo Products!
Thank you for the update. I updated via internal updater flawlessly.
COMODO Cloud Antivirus
Firefox Quantum
Encrypt the web! Use HTTPS Everywhere..
Block spying ads and invisible trackers! Use Privacy Badger..

Offline ioannis210

• Comodo Family Member
Did the update had anything to do with virtual console?

Offline maftul

• Comodo Member
Can somebody clarify what "Support improvements" means?
I used the previous version on build 1511 and I didn't see any specific issues. After updating to the new version, the only difference I have seen so far is that I am getting some new alerts from the HIPS module regarding executables trying to access windows services, which didn't exist before; then again I never received this type of alert in windows 7 either so this is most probably a new (and good) addition to the HIPS protection rather than some exclusive fix for Windows 10 Build 1511.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Congrats with the release. I have successfully updated with the updater on my Windows 10 x64 on my desktop and on my Windows 8.1 x86 netbook. Both machines seem to run a bit lighter. Are there others who feel their system runs a bit lighter with this build?

Buket, could you please specify what is being fixed? It is important for users to know if specific bugs are fixed for them or not.

Will Santa be early this year?

Offline Night-Flight

• Comodo Member
Thx for the update. Working flawlessly.

But I am a little bit confused, because I thought that Windows Defender will be deactivated automatically after installing another security suite. After I installed CIS 8.2.0.4703 or 8.2.0.4792 Defender was deactivated at first. After my 2nd reboot it was active again. Is this the way it should be? Until now I am not experiencing any conflicts.
Regards,

Nightflight

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
Windows Defender does  not get disabled by CIS.
This is something you will have to do yourself if you do not wish it running
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Thx for the update. Working flawlessly.

But I am a little bit confused, because I thought that Windows Defender will be deactivated automatically after installing another security suite. After I installed CIS 8.2.0.4703 or 8.2.0.4792 Defender was deactivated at first. After my 2nd reboot it was active again. Is this the way it should be? Until now I am not experiencing any conflicts.
Windows Defender does  not get disabled by CIS.
This is something you will have to do yourself if you do not wish it running
It should get disabled by CIS by default. If it doesn't happen it is a bug. You can manually disable it yourself. On a side note. I find Defender to be a resource hog.

Offline maxdelong

• Comodo Family Member
  • Best day of my life!
Did you faced any compatibility issue with new Windows 10 10586 and previous CIS 8.2..0.4703? Could you supply us with the bug report in such case, please?

Actually, with the new Win 10 Build 10586, but it was conflicting with the O.S, well, maybe because I forgot to disable CIS before upgrading to the new build 10586. The same happened with another security application.

Anyway, that's fixed now.
Living and learning! No pain no Gain! Fight until the end of my forces!

Offline Night-Flight

• Comodo Member
[at]EricJH
I installed CIS on 5 different computers in my family. And not only once. Tried new install, too. On neither one of them Defender has been disabled by CIS.
The only thing that is installed are the GPU drivers and Libre Office. Everything else like browser and tools are portable.
As long as there are no conflicts I am ok with it. Is the "normal" behaviour supposed to be that CIS deactivates Defender completely including the Defender services?
Regards,

Nightflight

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek